• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft, 2024

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not going to trade both of them. I rather doubt that they'll trade either of them. If they do move one, it'll likely be Deebo. If any trade happens, it'll happen very early in rd 2. By the middle of round 2, the window of getting any real 20224 value for them will have closed.
agree.samuel is hurt half the season anyway.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous first round pick by the 49ers. they don't have a place to play this guy and they had so many other areas of greater need.
Surprisingly I just saw something where CJ Stroud thinks the world of him and wanted him for the Texans. he was very upset when the Niners got him. Still I'm afraid to get my hopes up for a guy I never heard even mentioned once in the lead up to the draft by any team.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hazard to guess that are brain trust out smarted themselves. Thusly developing blinders.
And it takes them a while to admit it like with Lance. We could see he was awful from the start but Shanahna kept trying to force feed him the offense.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely disagree. There are two GLARING needs on this team given contract situations within the next year+, WR and CB. If they aren't getting rid of either Aiyuk or Deebo, they just made their WR corps stronger with a guy that can get open playing man, the one thing Deebo couldn't do in the Super Bowl. JJ is gone next season, probably to a contract paying him upwards of 10 mil. This gives offensive firepower now and in the future bc the plus to Pearsall was that he was the best route runner in this class.
O Line and Corner in my opinion and, to a lesser extent, linebacker now that we only have one who is starter quality who will open the season on the field.

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To justify this pick, Pearsall will need to be a real contributor. No depth. Not the PR. A real WR. Considering how little we pass the ball, this is almost a redshirt year for the 4th WR.

Kyle hit it right with Aiyuk and Deebo. He missed with Pettis, Gray, and Hurd. We have to hope that this pick falls into the first group rather than the second. It's clear that Kyle has a type he's looking for, but it's worse than 50/50 for him being able to pick them out. Fingers crossed.

This year? C, RG, CB all have immediate needs. RT is what I'd call serviceable.

If there actually are 6 centers still in the draft that would put Brendel on the bench, then the FO is negligent if we don't end up with someone other than Brendel at center. We'll see...barring injury, I rather doubt it.

I take Powers-Johnson or Kool-Aid. Either one becomes an immediate contributor. Powers-Johnson starts at either center or RG. Kool-Aid could be our outside CB, allowing Demo to stay in the NCB role, eliminating the need to play Ambry Thomas at all.
Again, depth of draft at the position would have had me taking WR. However, JPJ and Kool-Aid would have been my back up picks for the reasons you stated. They HAVE to get a CB within the next couple picks. Both Mooney Ward and DMO are FA at the end of the season.
O Line and Corner in my opinion and, to a lesser extent, linebacker now that we only have one who is starter quality who will open the season on the field.
The Niners paid Campbell to man Greenlaw's spot in his absence and they got some young ones that haven't been given much time...plus they are in nickel most of the time anyways so I don't see LB being as big a need.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 2nd round Niners pick

Renardo Green CB, FSU​

Height: 6-0, Weight: 186
Super steady. Plus athlete. Calm, cool, collected. Man-to-man skills are awesome. Mixes in some physicality. Instincts are there too. High-floor player who may not have the twitch to play inside. But can mirror well on the boundary. Speed can get stretched beyond the limit. (Chris Trapasso)
Funny thing from the more in depth report on CBS Sports draft table.... He can't be handsy because of short arm/wingspan and all I could see in my mind was a very athletic guy with Tyrannosaurus Rex Arms. LOL

In the 3rd Round

Dominick Puni IOL, KANSAS​

Height: 6-5, Weight: 320
Such a Kyle Shanahan pick. Has the athletic chops to potentially play all five positions at some point in his NFL career. Regularly squares up his assignment and gets into the frame of DLs quickly because of his plus burst off the ball. Played OT in college but probably best at OG as a pro. Has to add some strength to his game. Not a lunger. Good pass pro. (Chris Trapasso)

I'm not a draft in depth guy but there it is so far.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 2nd round Niners pick

Renardo Green CB, FSU​

Height: 6-0, Weight: 186
Super steady. Plus athlete. Calm, cool, collected. Man-to-man skills are awesome. Mixes in some physicality. Instincts are there too. High-floor player who may not have the twitch to play inside. But can mirror well on the boundary. Speed can get stretched beyond the limit. (Chris Trapasso)
Funny thing from the more in depth report on CBS Sports draft table.... He can't be handsy because of short arm/wingspan and all I could see in my mind was a very athletic guy with Tyrannosaurus Rex Arms. LOL

In the 3rd Round

Dominick Puni IOL, KANSAS​

Height: 6-5, Weight: 320
Such a Kyle Shanahan pick. Has the athletic chops to potentially play all five positions at some point in his NFL career. Regularly squares up his assignment and gets into the frame of DLs quickly because of his plus burst off the ball. Played OT in college but probably best at OG as a pro. Has to add some strength to his game. Not a lunger. Good pass pro. (Chris Trapasso)

I'm not a draft in depth guy but there it is so far.
I read that Puni didn't give up a sack last year in 343 pass blocking plays