• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NFL Draft: The Offensive Guard/Center Class

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently recovering from a stomach bug. Might as well squeeze in the interior linemen prospects.

LATE FIRST ROUND to SECOND ROUND
1. Graham Barton, Duke - 6'5, 314 pounds
2. Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon - 6'3, 320 pounds
SECOND ROUND
3. Cooper Beebe, Kansas State - 6'4, 335 pounds
4. Zach Frazier, West Virginia - 6'6, 310 pounds

THIRD ROUND
5. Zak Zinter, Michigan - 6'6, 322 pounds

THIRD to FOURTH ROUND
6. Sedrick Van Pan, Georgia - 6'4, 310 pounds
7. Christian Haynes, Connecticut - 6'2, 313 pounds
8. Christian Mahogany, Boston College - 6'3, 335 pounds
9. Dominick Puni, Kansas - 6'5, 320 pounds

Barton and Puni played tackle, but are projected to get kicked inside. Jackson Powers-Johnson, Frazier, and Van Pran are seen as center prospects.

I'll start with JPJ

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being that my Bears are in dire need of a center, maybe even a backup as well, I'll be following both the free agent and draft center groups with a close eye. I thought initially that the draft wasn't as rich for centers as it was last year and have been focusing on the free agents. But it does appear to be an increasing belief that this draft too has a number or quality candidates.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson Powers-Johnson sounds like an alias the alien from American Dad would make up.
From my early look at the interior class, JPJ (that's what I'll call him) looks like a pretty elite center. Those guys are very tough to get.

BTW - Did you guys really sign Punt God? I am very mad that my Bills decided not to re-sign him. Cancel Culture at its finest, am I right?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my early look at the interior class, JPJ (that's what I'll call him) looks like a pretty elite center. Those guys are very tough to get.

BTW - Did you guys really sign Punt God? I am very mad that my Bills decided not to re-sign him. Cancel Culture at its finest, am I right?
Best I could tell we had a Punt God already last year but yes we're actually signing the Punt God.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love Seattle to draft Mahogany. If Seattle can trade down to the late 1st and snag a 2nd I'd go Powers-Johnson as well.

You should also probably throw Fautanu in this list. He was a tackle for UW but due to length/size a lot of scouts think he'll move to guard. He can be a little jittery off the line from what I watched and scouts report... a lot of experts say moving inside will alleviate that since he has less space to focus on and can use the great power and lateral movement he has. I think he'd be an amazing guard... certainly worthy of a 1st round pick with the intent to shift him to that. I dunno about a top 15 pick for him at OT though.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love Seattle to draft Mahogany. If Seattle can trade down to the late 1st and snag a 2nd I'd go Powers-Johnson as well.

You should also probably throw Fautanu in this list. He was a tackle for UW but due to length/size a lot of scouts think he'll move to guard. He can be a little jittery off the line from what I watched and scouts report... a lot of experts say moving inside will alleviate that since he has less space to focus on and can use the great power and lateral movement he has. I think he'd be an amazing guard... certainly worthy of a 1st round pick with the intent to shift him to that. I dunno about a top 15 pick for him at OT though.
Fautanu was mentioned in the Offensive Tackle list. I noted that he is seen as a guard as well. He is being projected to start at guard and then maybe swing to tackle. We will see the same type of issue with DT and DE lists. There are going to be guys who are seen as swing -- could project DT or could be the edge rusher. There's no perfect science on how to do lists with players projected to shift between positions. As long as they are mentioned somehow, then it's good.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since he was mentioned above, I'll go with him.

Christian Mahogany

Christian Haynes

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some serious allegations though, tough to ignore. Current Bills punter Sam Martin is solid, no worries.

JPJ looks to be the real deal, could go as high as the mid 1st IMO. Beaux Limmer is another center that should make the list, maybe day 2?

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham Barton

Do you think Barton or JPJ goes first in the draft?

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dominick Puni

Sedrick Van Pan (Center)

Zak Zinter

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper Beebe

Zach Frazier

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’d be nice if the bears traded back and ended up with JPJ. Although, I could see them sit at 9 and take him. Poles don’t mind reaching and JPJ would make the bears weakest position on the oline a strength.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’d be nice if the bears traded back and ended up with JPJ. Although, I could see them sit at 9 and take him. Poles don’t mind reaching and JPJ would make the bears weakest position on the oline a strength.
That would be a huge reach IMO. I don't doubt this kid's talents, but using a top 10 pick on him? This is a case of serious overhype. I can still remember during the college season when he was listed at best as a potential 2nd, even 3rd round pick. It happens every year where several players are the beneficiaries of a ton of positive press that literally shoot them up the draft board. JPJ is one of those. He had a great week of practice at the Senior Bowl, but didn't even play in the game itself due to an injury. But the hype was already in full swing.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a huge reach IMO. I don't doubt this kid's talents, but using a top 10 pick on him? This is a case of serious overhype. I can still remember during the college season when he was listed at best as a potential 2nd, even 3rd round pick. It happens every year where several players are the beneficiaries of a ton of positive press that literally shoot them up the draft board. JPJ is one of those. He had a great week of practice at the Senior Bowl, but didn't even play in the game itself due to an injury. But the hype was already in full swing.
My guess is that he goes somewhere between pick 25-35. We're still not 100% sure if he is actually Interior OL #1 in the draft. Fantastic upside, though. I think at a different position like edge or OT then you can justify top 10 but thats way too high imo.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that he goes somewhere between pick 25-35. We're still not 100% sure if he is actually Interior OL #1 in the draft. Fantastic upside, though. I think at a different position like edge or OT then you can justify top 10 but thats way too high imo.
I would love if the Lions took him. Play him at right guard until Ragnows feet finish disintegrating, then slide him over.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love if the Lions took him. Play him at right guard until Ragnows feet finish disintegrating, then slide him over.
I could see that. I think I had the Niners taking him when I did a rough mock draft to figure out who might fall to 32.

I think there is a chance he falls a little bit just because this is such a deep OT class. That said, most teams have at least 1 or 2 spots on the oline they could upgrade.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tackles typically gets drafted higher than guards and centers, because you can convert a tackle into an interior linemen, but you cannot convert an interior linemen into a tackle. JPJ will probably come off the board between late 1st round to mid 2nd round. I would be shocked to see him go sooner or later than that time frame. I am also not sure if JPJ will be the first interior guy off the board. I think Barton from Duke feels like he could go out first. Van Pan and Zinter (assuming the medical gets cleared) could also turn into an elite center.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless they can get a 2nd out of trading down (or a Fields trade), they'll have to wait until the 3rd otherwise. That likely takes Frazier out of the picture and maybe Van Pran.