• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NFL Draft: The Wide Receiver Class

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it's virtually imposserous for him to fall to #9, I'm now wondering if he remains a lock to be the first WR taken off the board, especially in lieu of the decision to skip his pro day:

It's one thing skipping the combine, but to skip both? Hmmm........
Red flag alert. Sounds like an entitled mentality. MHJ is either getting bad advice or coming across as incredibly arrogant.

Could he fall in the draft? He could, but when I use the word "fall", I mean go from a top 5 to a top 10 pick. No way he's scaring away many teams. But I do have to throw a red flag alert on him. There's a possibility that Nabers or Odunze goes ahead of Harrison, but I call it unlikely.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be the first non QB off the board. That said, I do think Arizona would entertain trade down offers to a team like the Vikings if they got a major haul.

Those two first round picks would work per the chart, but since it's for a QB and costing the Cards MH3 (if he gets past the Pats), it could take more.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red flag alert. Sounds like an entitled mentality. MHJ is either getting bad advice or coming across as incredibly arrogant.

Could he fall in the draft? He could, but when I use the word "fall", I mean go from a top 5 to a top 10 pick. No way he's scaring away many teams. But I do have to throw a red flag alert on him. There's a possibility that Nabers or Odunze goes ahead of Harrison, but I call it unlikely.

I don't see it that way at all. Guys that are locked in to a ranking don't benefit from a public work out.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF WR Rankings.

"WR 4-15 are pretty close to interchangable. Its a really good class"

1. Marvin Harrison Jr
1a. Malik Nabers
3. Rome Odunze

Mentioned Brian Thomas Jr being only 9th on the PFF model. Jermaine Burton high on their board but most likely off most teams boards in the NFL. They think Troy Franklin and Devontez Walker are in the mix.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF WR Rankings.

"WR 4-15 are pretty close to interchangable. Its a really good class"

1. Marvin Harrison Jr
1a. Malik Nabers
3. Rome Odunze

Mentioned Brian Thomas Jr being only 9th on the PFF model. Jermaine Burton high on their board but most likely off most teams boards in the NFL. They think Troy Franklin and Devontez Walker are in the mix.

Whose rankings are those? PFF's Trevor Sikkema has BTJ 4th, which is also reflected in their big board?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whose rankings are those? PFF's Trevor Sikkema has BTJ 4th, which is also reflected in their big board?
The old guys. Steve Palazzo and Sam Monson

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't pay for PFF, but the free stuff on their website comes up with Trevor's rankings. Interesting.
Yeah, even Trevor iirc commonly mocks Thomas to the Bills. Chris Simms tiers would suggest he is a top 6 pick.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, even Trevor iirc commonly mocks Thomas to the Bills. Chris Simms tiers would suggest he is a top 6 pick.

If the Cards do trade with the Vikings, I could see him with one of those picks ahead of the Bills. Bills might not go WR with their additions (and bigger needs elsewhere), but it all depends on who falls. I think Cooper Dejean is a perfect fit for them, whether at CB or S.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh, they posted their WR rankings on YouTube....

They're all over the place but the best I can get of their rankings is:

Steve:

#4 Jermaine Burton (ignoring character concerns)
#5 AD Mitchell
#6 Roman Wilson
#6a Troy Franklin
#8 Ladd McConkey
#9 Brian Thomas
#10 Xavier Worthy

Sam:

#4 Troy Franklin
#5 Keon Coleman
#6 AD Mitchell (great player who has to 'work hard' to win)
#7 Jermaine Burton
#8 Xavier Legette
#9 Devontez Walker
#10 Xavier Worthy

Sam thinks McConkey gets knocked off his route easily which would push him in the slot.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're all over the place but the best I can get of their rankings is:

Steve:

#4 Jermaine Burton (ignoring character concerns)
#5 AD Mitchell
#6 Roman Wilson
#6a Troy Franklin
#8 Ladd McConkey
#9 Brian Thomas
#10 Xavier Worthy

Sam:

#4 Troy Franklin
#5 Keon Coleman
#6 AD Mitchell (great player who has to 'work hard' to win)
#7 Jermaine Burton
#8 Xavier Legette
#9 Devontez Walker
#10 Xavier Worthy

Sam thinks McConkey gets knocked off his route easily which would push him in the slot.

Sounds about right, watched it as well. They go deeper in part 2.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it that way at all. Guys that are locked in to a ranking don't benefit from a public work out.
Name me an NFL prospect who skipped both the combine and their Pro Day by CHOICE.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so..do not draft?
Never said that. I am weary of these diva types who feel they are above the process. Any team that drafts him, might get a headache afterwards. I cannot think of a single prospect who skipped their Pro Day on purpose.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said that. I am weary of these diva types who feel they are above the process. Any team that drafts him, might get a headache afterwards. I cannot think of a single prospect who skipped their Pro Day on purpose.
but the only thing that matters is he all that. I'm thinking football folks think he is and will be.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but the only thing that matters is he all that. I'm thinking football folks think he is and will be.
The man has produced 0 yards, 0 touchdowns in the NFL currently. Just because he did well in college and has a famous pops, doesn't mean he'll be great in the NFL. Entitlement mentality creates laziness and diva personality. I would be hesitant to draft him in the top 10. Just saying, it is an obvious red flag.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The man has produced 0 yards, 0 touchdowns in the NFL currently. Just because he did well in college and has a famous pops, doesn't mean he'll be great in the NFL. Entitlement mentality creates laziness and diva personality. I would be hesitant to draft him in the top 10. Just saying, it is an obvious red flag.
see post #156

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the feeling, but he was at the combine last year and guess he feels Nabors and Rome won't be drafted ahead of him barring something happening like having a off day at his pro day so....he's skipping all of it. I won't mind seeing him drop just a wee bit just for going this route but don't think it will happen. In fact the confidence probably cements his status as #1 WR this class, nobody wants to be known as the team who passed on him because he skipped the testing.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the feeling, but he was at the combine last year and guess he feels Nabors and Rome won't be drafted ahead of him barring something happening like having a off day at his pro day so....he's skipping all of it. I won't mind seeing him drop just a wee bit just for going this route but don't think it will happen. In fact the confidence probably cements his status as #1 WR this class, nobody wants to be known as the team who passed on him because he skipped the testing.
How many prospects intentionally skips their pro day? Nobody wants to answer that question.

There are lots and lots of quality WR prospects out there. Harrison isn't guaranteed to be the best one. Nobody wants to draft a prospect that will be a diva and that puts their own ego above the team. I am not saying he's going to be a bust, but it's a terrible sign that he will refuses to attend the combine and pro day. Caleb Williams is going #1, yet he still showed up and cheered on his USC teammates.

I just think it is a terrible sign. We're not talking about "testing" here. We're talking about showing up to both compete and show moral support for your teammates. It shows you care about more than yourself. Do not be shocked he doesn't go #4. Nabers or Odunze could very well go above him.