• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NFL Draft: The Wide Receiver Class

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many prospects intentionally skips their pro day? Nobody wants to answer that question.

There are lots and lots of quality WR prospects out there. Harrison isn't guaranteed to be the best one. Nobody wants to draft a prospect that will be a diva and that puts their own ego above the team. I am not saying he's going to be a bust, but it's a terrible sign that he will refuses to attend the combine and pro day. Caleb Williams is going #1, yet he still showed up and cheered on his USC teammates.

I just think it is a terrible sign. We're not talking about "testing" here. We're talking about showing up to both compete and show moral support for your teammates. It shows you care about more than yourself. Do not be shocked he doesn't go #4. Nabers or Odunze could very well go above him.
I'm in your corner TBH. However it's not about being guaranteed to be the best, but who is guaranteed to be drafted first. Honestly I'd like him to pay a price for skipping his pro day ( in addition to the combine) but I don't think that is going to happen. It really is disappointing to see a prospect go this route as a fan because your really looking forward to it, but it is what it is and I'm pretty sure he'll be first WR off the board despite the decision. Would not mind seeing him go off #2 or #3 WR. just don't think that is going happen.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in his corner?

i'm just saying, he's rock solid the best WR in this draft, and I'm thinking that will show itself in the draft.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many prospects intentionally skips their pro day? Nobody wants to answer that question.

There are lots and lots of quality WR prospects out there. Harrison isn't guaranteed to be the best one. Nobody wants to draft a prospect that will be a diva and that puts their own ego above the team. I am not saying he's going to be a bust, but it's a terrible sign that he will refuses to attend the combine and pro day. Caleb Williams is going #1, yet he still showed up and cheered on his USC teammates.

I just think it is a terrible sign. We're not talking about "testing" here. We're talking about showing up to both compete and show moral support for your teammates. It shows you care about more than yourself. Do not be shocked he doesn't go #4. Nabers or Odunze could very well go above him.
I'll play devil's advocate here, not because I actually buy this, because I have the same concerns as you, but there is another narrative here.

At the end of the day, he has nothing else to prove right now. He was a Heisman nominee as a wr, which is extremely hard. His tape speaks for itself and he has pretty much always dominated his competition. His name recognition for being having the same name as his father is only going to add to the hype around him right now. He is going into this draft as the definite #1 wr taken.

1) Why risk injury by trying to shave off that extra split second off of your drills? That could ruin everything right before your first life-changing payday.

2) This is a historically deep wr class, likely the best we've ever seen by a country mile. Does he really want to risk endless talk about how these other wr's beat him on this drill or that drill? Because you know that's what people are going to do no matter what. These other wr's can brag about how they beat him on these drills as fodder down the road. Why even give them that ammo when you know you're going to be the first off the board?

He should have participated at least in the pro day, even if it was just running some routes, but OSU doesn't have any competent QB to throw him the ball atm because their starter transferred. He will still have to impress in his interviews with teams, especially the Cardinals as they are his likely landing spot right now. If they aren't comfortable with his answer for why he skipped his pro day, only then will he fall in the draft.

Ultimately, if the Cardinals draft him, then there are no rad flags as far as I'm concerned and people should draft him high for fantasy football. But if the Cardinals trade out, and he starts to slide a little bit, then I'll be concerned.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll play devil's advocate here, not because I actually buy this, because I have the same concerns as you, but there is another narrative here.

At the end of the day, he has nothing else to prove right now. He was a Heisman nominee as a wr, which is extremely hard. His tape speaks for itself and he has pretty much always dominated his competition. His name recognition for being having the same name as his father is only going to add to the hype around him right now. He is going into this draft as the definite #1 wr taken.

1) Why risk injury by trying to shave off that extra split second off of your drills? That could ruin everything right before your first life-changing payday.

2) This is a historically deep wr class, likely the best we've ever seen by a country mile. Does he really want to risk endless talk about how these other wr's beat him on this drill or that drill? Because you know that's what people are going to do no matter what. These other wr's can brag about how they beat him on these drills as fodder down the road. Why even give them that ammo when you know you're going to be the first off the board?

He should have participated at least in the pro day, even if it was just running some routes, but OSU doesn't have any competent QB to throw him the ball atm because their starter transferred. He will still have to impress in his interviews with teams, especially the Cardinals as they are his likely landing spot right now. If they aren't comfortable with his answer for why he skipped his pro day, only then will he fall in the draft.

Ultimately, if the Cardinals draft him, then there are no rad flags as far as I'm concerned and people should draft him high for fantasy football. But if the Cardinals trade out, and he starts to slide a little bit, then I'll be concerned.
I just hope, that the decision to skip his pro day and combine were his handlers call. For all of these prospects, I truly hope the best for them.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He skipped the drills, but showed up. Harrison was MIA.

If it's such an issue, just let him drop to #19, 28 or 32. I'm sure those teams won't hesitate. In fact, nobody will even care in the entire league.

Some others: Dawand Jones, Kayshon Boutte. Tough to search for others, as there is so much current draft content and 90% (at least) of the results are about MH3 lol (and my attention span is used up). Pro days are scripted work outs with often inaccurate results anyway, not sure who needs to see anything more of MH3 to decide to draft him or not. He's the clear #1 WR and typically #1 or #2 overall in the entire draft class.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison is going to be alright. Maybe he prefers teams picks 6 thru 10 more than 1 to 5.

Well, it's looking like 3 or 4 of the top 5 are taking QB. I wouldn't expect him to get past 4 or 5.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's looking like 3 or 4 of the top 5 are taking QB. I wouldn't expect him to get past 4 or 5.
If for whatever reason AZ doesn't grab him, perhaps due to trading back, then I don't see him slipping past the Chargers, who recently let go their top two WRs. That is, unless they trade back as well.......

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If for whatever reason AZ doesn't grab him, perhaps due to trading back, then I don't see him slipping past the Chargers, who recently let go their top two WRs. That is, unless they trade back as well.......

Yeah, it seems either 4 or 5 is the likely target pick for Minny (or another team) to get ahead of the Giants pick for QB4 (if trading up for JJ truly materializes). I doubt both trade down, unless someone is specifically trading up FOR Harrison.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nabers killed it today at his pro day combine. Ran a 4.35 40, a 42in vertical, and a 10'9 broad jump. Still looking for some clips with him running routes and other combine results, but he just made a hard case for cementing himself as the #2 WR in the draft, with the possibility of slipping past MHJ for the top seed.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nabers killed it today at his pro day combine. Ran a 4.35 40, a 42in vertical, and a 10'9 broad jump. Still looking for some clips with him running routes and other combine results, but he just made a hard case for cementing himself as the #2 WR in the draft, with the possibility of slipping past MHJ for the top seed.
Garrett Wilson: 6'0' 183, 4.38 40 time, 36" vert, 10 3 Broad
Malik Nabers: 6'0 199, 4.32 40 time, 42" vert, 10 9 Broad
Ja'Marr Chase: 6'0 201, 4.39 40 time, 41" vert, 11 0 Broad

I'm not looking forward to Justin Herbert having this guy for his whole career.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franchise Guy rankings for the past 3 years. Noteworthy is how much of a crapshoot this is and how top heavy the top of this draft is perceived. Tank Dell being at the bottom of the list is quite amusing.

Tank Dell 69/78
Parker Washington 70/80
Roman Wilson 71/80
Jayden Reed 70/81
Malachi Corley 70/81
Michael Wilson 70/81
Skyy Moore 71/81
Troy Franklin 71/81
Johnny Wilson 69/83

Jalin Hyatt 69/84
Jermaine Burton 71/83
Christian Watson 69/86
John Metchie III 70/85
George Pickens 70/85
Ricky Pearsall 73/82
Xavier Legette 72/83

Josh Downs 72/83
Jahan Dotson 73/83
Keon Coleman 72/84
Xavier Worthy 71/85

Zay Flowers 73/84
AD Mitchell 71/86
JSN 74/83
Ladd McConkey 76/83
Drake London 75/86
Chris Olave 77/84
Brian Thomas Jr 74/87
Treylon Burks 74/88
Jordan Addison 75/86
Jameson Williams 75/86
Garrett Wilson 76/88
Quenton Johnston 73/92
Rome Odunze 76/96
Malik Nabers 80/96
Marvin Harrison Jr 83/95

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting video on Xavier Worthy.

I like that they suggest he has a higher floor and ceiling than Jameson Williams because they've seen him do more in college. Will likely never be good on a team without good play calling or a good QB but he is the type of talent you build around. Some of his numbers are scary bad (contested catch and deep balls) but if you scheme out the contested catches - which shouldn't exist due to his speed - and have an accurate strong armed QB...maybe a better pro than college player.

I will say the one thing Tyreek Hill has that I just dont see in the other speed receivers that come out is really good tracking skills. You can have those f' it Tyreek down there somewhere deep passes and if Worthy is in that same situation you probably only want to throw it if he gets a step and the throw has to be on target. Thats two additional difficulty modifiers to make a play work.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'll get this in before the draft

Top 10
Marvin Harrison Jr.
Malik Nabers

Round 1
Rome Odunze
Adonai Mitchell
Xavier Worthy
<--- (Last Yr WR1s: Addison, Flowers, JSN)
Brian Thomas Jr.
Xavier Legette

Round 2
Ricky Pearsall
Keon Coleman
Hunter Renfrow 2.0
Javon Baker
Troy Franklin

Round 3 and Beyond
Roman Wilson
Malik Washington
Malachi Corley