• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners - Cowboys: The Aftermath

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really amazing that by the end of the game, half our starters on defense were out and Dallas still couldn't win.

Well, Grop and the ST tried like hell to give the game away. ST gives up a fake punt, roughing the kicker, big returns. Then Grop had his usual momentum-killing INT and missed wide open man. But he topped that by botching the game-sealing sneak. Nice to see him really up his game for the playoffs! LOL

Armstead, Jennings and A.Thomas all had strong games. Maybe Thomas is turning a corner? Speaking of CB, was that Josh Norman who was supposed to be covering the gunner on the fake punt?

Our already-sketchy chances against the Pack will depend largely on the availability of Bosa and Warner.

I have to admit that the old "we'll leave our punt team on the field to make you call a timeout" was funny. Rather than causing SF to waste a timeout, it backfired by causing Dallas a delay of game.

14 penalties on Dallas...wow. Randy Gregory and Connor Williams were flag-magnets out there.

Then that sequence at the end...a series of mistakes from the playcall itself to Dak not getting down sooner, to failing to hand the ball to the official to making the ump have to muscle his way to the ball...you won't see that very often.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, Shanny is a very good coach. He can get myopic at times, but a quick look at the rest of the coaches in the NFL and at the Niners own history of HCs, we're lucky to have him.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, Shanny is a very good coach. He can get myopic at times, but a quick look at the rest of the coaches in the NFL and at the Niners own history of HCs, we're lucky to have him.
True that... he can be myopic and stubborn. But he's clearly a top coach in the league. Gets the guys ready to play, and they always seem to be in a position to win most games - even if the execution isn't always there.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really amazing that by the end of the game, half our starters on defense were out and Dallas still couldn't win.

Well, Grop and the ST tried like hell to give the game away. ST gives up a fake punt, roughing the kicker, big returns. Then Grop had his usual momentum-killing INT and missed wide open man. But he topped that by botching the game-sealing sneak. Nice to see him really up his game for the playoffs! LOL

Armstead, Jennings and A.Thomas all had strong games. Maybe Thomas is turning a corner? Speaking of CB, was that Josh Norman who was supposed to be covering the gunner on the fake punt?

Our already-sketchy chances against the Pack will depend largely on the availability of Bosa and Warner.

I have to admit that the old "we'll leave our punt team on the field to make you call a timeout" was funny. Rather than causing SF to waste a timeout, it backfired by causing Dallas a delay of game.

14 penalties on Dallas...wow. Randy Gregory and Connor Williams were flag-magnets out there.

Then that sequence at the end...a series of mistakes from the playcall itself to Dak not getting down sooner, to failing to hand the ball to the official to making the ump have to muscle his way to the ball...you won't see that very often.
All those mental errors are why I say I take no pleasure or pride in this win

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True that... he can be myopic and stubborn. But he's clearly a top coach in the league. Gets the guys ready to play, and they always seem to be in a position to win most games - even if the execution isn't always there.
And in a position to lose most games. Garoppolo usually bails him out at the end unless the defense collapsed after his heroics line in the GB and Titans games

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in a position to lose most games. Garoppolo usually bails him out at the end unless the defense collapsed after his heroics line in the GB and Titans games
So, you've only ever watched the 49ers play like three games? All this year. And they were only when we lost... except for that one time that Jimmy brought the team back to win it against the Rams - after throwing 2 picks to put the team in that position to start. That's Shanny... always putting the team in a position to lose!!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's impressive to me that we won despite playing a rather poor 2nd half. Playing a bad game, but still winning, is something good teams do.
No doubt they are a good team but one that gets held back by their coaching staff at times. It is a dangerous game to play leaving every game very close especially when you have a QB with a penchant for critical mistakes at inopportune times

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you've only ever watched the 49ers play like three games? All this year. And they were only when we lost... except for that one time that Jimmy brought the team back to win it against the Rams - after throwing 2 picks to put the team in that position to start. That's Shanny... always putting the team in a position to lose!!
Agreed. Shanahan always puts them in a position to possibly lose because he plays so conservatively. It will be no different with Lance. And Garoppolo will continue to win wherever he goes

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Shanahan always puts them in a position to possibly lose because he plays so conservatively. It will be no different with Lance. And Garoppolo will continue to win wherever he goes
Nothing you say makes any sense. I never learn a damn thing when you post. You get some weird pleasure out of being an internet troll on a message board site. Congrats, asshat.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing you say makes any sense. I never learn a damn thing when you post. You get some weird pleasure out of being an internet troll on a message board site. Congrats, asshat.
I grow weary of you

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Imagine how different the games ending is if Dallas used their timeout to avoid the delay of game after the fake punt. 2 timeouts left and they never would have gotten the ball back. I'm surprised they didn't use one, but ended up being maybe McCarthy's best coaching decision all game even if only by dumb luck.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine how different the games ending is if Dallas used their timeout to avoid the delay of game after the fake punt. 2 timeouts left and they never would have gotten the ball back. I'm surprised they didn't use one, but ended up being maybe McCarthy's best coaching decision all game even if only by dumb luck.
Yea, sometimes a bad break can turn lucky. If Dallas used that TO, none of the ending drama ever even happens. Same with Grop not screwing up the sneak. Or Deebo getting 6 inches further upfield. Or just letting Dallas punt the ball rather than roughing the punter. Really if any of those things happen, then there is no last scramble and spike attempt.

If I'm Dallas, it's not Dak or McCarthy I'm mad at--I'm the most pissed at the penalties committed--a near playoff record with 14 flags, and half of them either gave the Niners a 1st down or took away a Dallas 1st down.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot of truth here... at the time he was ridiculed. But it was the only scenario that gave him a fighting chance at the end. Other than executing it better, lol.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in hysterics how this Cowboy Aftermath thread has turned into a 49erscoach beating thread.

Would you Shannahan haters prefer Mike McCarthy?