• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers' off-season; Cap Space $8,346,186.00

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenkins huh? Hmmmm, it seems like he is well into the downslope of his career but I think he'd be useful in some sort of rotation if the price was right. If Seattle really wants him though the 49ers probably won't match their Daniel Snyder spending on mediocre players.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Man we can't pay everyone. Would love to see him back but hope he moves to SS and we cut Whitner.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tyson Jackson restructured his contract with the Chiefs today and will remain with the team. His name was floated on this board as a possible acquisition if they would've released him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Tyson Jackson restructured his contract with the Chiefs today and will remain with the team. His name was floated on this board as a possible acquisition if they would've released him.

:( I was hoping the DE pool would get more dluted.

At least Cullen Jenkins is a possibility.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So I've been a big advocate of siginng the following players:

Mike Wallace
A DE (Jenkins? Seymour?
DRC
Leodis McKelvin
Alan Branch <--- $$$ pending
Jason Smith (jumbo package TE to replace Leonard Davis) <--- $$$ pending

...And possibly a safety (depending on Goldson & if Whitner is cut)

I just recently noticed a name on the CB list whom I think a lot of people are going to overlook: Adam Jones. He's been out of trouble for a long time, and he's still only 29 (he'll be 30 when the season starts). A 1 year deal to be the #3 CB maybe?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I can't see many teams viewing Walker as a starter. He's been shaky as a receiver over the past couple years, particularly last year. And while he's really developed in the area of blocking over the past few years, he's more of a movement and angles blocker than an in-line, head-on blocker. He has well below average size for a starting TE, and he's not much of a red zone threat at all. At this point, he's more valuable as a blocker in the run game and as a STs player than he is as an option in the passing game, and the vast majority of teams are looking for a pass catcher in their #1 TE. If I was looking for a starting TE, I'd take a chance on guys like Keller, Cook, Davis, and even Bennett before Walker.

I get the sense that Walker's much more valuable in our scheme than he would be elsewhere given the diversity of running looks we show, but all it takes is one team that wants him to drive up the price.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace is gonna take $11M per plus according to some. That is a fat fuck off.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace is gonna take $11M per plus according to some. That is a fat fuck off.

I would laugh in Wallace's face if he asked me for 11M per year, I would likely fall out of my chair laughing so hard.

That chump is going to Miami who will likely overpay for him and likely be extremely disappointed. No thank you.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For whatever its worth, Schefter said Wallace could realistically get 12M-13.5M per from some team early on in FA.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever its worth, Schefter said Wallace could realistically get 12M-13.5M per from some team early on in FA.

:lol: Some team like the Dolphins is going to be INSANELY disappointed.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
:lol: Some team like the Dolphins is going to be INSANELY disappointed.

boratnotl.jpg

The Niners MUST MUST MUST sign him.

They freeking shoudl have signed a bigger name WR or traded for Steve Smith last year, and if they pass on this opportunity, they need to be slapped.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boratnotl.jpg

The Niners MUST MUST MUST sign him.

They freeking shoudl have signed a bigger name WR or traded for Steve Smith last year, and if they pass on this opportunity, they need to be slapped.

Again :lol:

Not gonna happen.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agent FS Dashon Goldson expressed some interest in signing with the Bengals.
Safety is certainly a priority for the Bengals, as Taylor Mays appears incapable and Chris Crocker is a free agent. Goldson would slide right in as a difference-making cover safety also capable of playing in the box. However, he's expected to sign with the highest bidder which could be a problem for the Bengals. They still have to re-sign free agent RT Andre Smith.
Related: Bengals
Source: Cincinnati Enquirer Mar 6 - 9:31 AM