• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots News

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Questions to you all......

Should the Patriots go "All-In" on defense with the draft and free agency and restructure the DL and solidify the LB corps (BB's true strength) and then do what they can to rebuild the offense? I guess what I'm saying is, should they have an awesome defense and a mediocre offense?

Score 21-28 points a game but only give up 10-17 and win 11-12 games and maybe have us all chewing our nails through half of the season?

Thoughts??
That sounds great.
I don't think our offense could fulfill their end of the bargain at this point though.
We had decent defense last year and a terrible offense. Some more time in the system for a few of the rookies and they will get better, but not good enough.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd be in any game but defense would get tired of being on the field 70 percent of time.
I think that the Pats may have the best group of running backs in the NFL and could chew up a lot of yardage and time. Depending on the QB (not Cam), maybe this team could score more tan the Defense would give up.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds great.
I don't think our offense could fulfill their end of the bargain at this point though.
We had decent defense last year and a terrible offense. Some more time in the system for a few of the rookies and they will get better, but not good enough.
Not with Cam at QB

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Giardi used to be one of th most reliable Patriots beat reports when he worked for NBC Sports in Boston. He now works for the NFL Network and covers the Patriots as well doing TV programs.

Giardi caught the Boston media with their pants down yesterday and spoke out fromhis own knowledge and not some team source or mystery person. In other words, Giardi spoke to BB and came away with a real gold nugget.

"The New England Patriots are not enamored with any of the 2021 Quarterback Class!" Once he had that he called several other GMs and coaches and came away with the same opinion from st least three other top level people.

This nugget sent the Boston media into a frenzy and they apparently asked the right questions to get an answer and not a bullshit statement.

*The Patriots will NOT trade up up for a quarterback.
*The Patriots will wait until free agency and then make their move. Do NOT expect a trade that will cost excessive draft picks. There might be one exception and one only, Russell Wilson.
*Expect the Patriots to have a quarterback by March 20. Belichick intimated that he will not wait until the last minute like last year.
*Expect the Patriots to draft a top Edge or LB at #15, only if BB doesn't trade the pick and move down.

Here's the shocker, Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson are considered the top quarterbacks in this draft and no one will say who said this, but it was said that neither of these two kids are as good as Ryan Tannehill. Not one team fears Tannehill, they fear Derrick Henry.

Trey Lance? He's 19 years old and still has pamper elastic marks around his butt. Quote: "He's thrown 248 passes in college. He's completed 63% of them. There are more photos available on a roll of Charmin."

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I get up every monrning looking for Patriots news. There isn't any.
Every year I do this and there isn't any.
Most every year the free agency period is quiet for the Patriots. We'll be crying as there is no news.

Every morning there are plenty of reports on free agents the Patriots are or should be interested. Some of these "reports" hang around for days or even weeks - because there is no news.

Generally, I don't want other teams cast-offs.
$12 million for this guy, $12 million for that over the hill player that used to be real good.
Reporters spend Patriots money like a drunken Jets GM......

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Giardi used to be one of th most reliable Patriots beat reports when he worked for NBC Sports in Boston. He now works for the NFL Network and covers the Patriots as well doing TV programs.

"The New England Patriots are not enamored with any of the 2021 Quarterback Class!" Once he had that he called several other GMs and coaches and came away with the same opinion from st least three other top level people.
Why would anyone care if it's not from a reliable source?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giardi is the source and he's passing along what he has..
I guess I misunderstood your comment that "he used to be one of the most reliable". I interpreted it to mean he was no longer such.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I misunderstood your comment that "he used to be one of the most reliable". I interpreted it to mean he was no longer such.
Had both eyes dialated this morning and I'm still not 100% positive of everything I type. Still can't see the screen clearly.

I love having my Retinologist shine a brilliant white light in my eyes using a double lense.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had both eyes dialated this morning and I'm still not 100% positive of everything I type. Still can't see the screen clearly.

I love having my Retinologist shine a brilliant white light in my eyes using a double lense.
Ii5i hh hhejj baty7[c ahakler ja789034jhh!! hj_)) hjoklH

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.!

If you guys are interested. NFL Network will be discussing the Patriots and free agency and the draft on NFL All Access tonight at 7:00 PM. Not sure what it's all about or if it's worth watching. Just watching a repeat game of the Falcons and Bucs and caught the end of the ad.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I get up every monrning looking for Patriots news. There isn't any.
Every year I do this and there isn't any.
Most every year the free agency period is quiet for the Patriots. We'll be crying as there is no news.

Every morning there are plenty of reports on free agents the Patriots are or should be interested. Some of these "reports" hang around for days or even weeks - because there is no news.

Generally, I don't want other teams cast-offs.
$12 million for this guy, $12 million for that over the hill player that used to be real good.
Reporters spend Patriots money like a drunken Jets GM......
Not even a combine to break up the monotony...

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the problem see...you saw the rectologist!

Now you can't see shit!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.!

If you guys are interested. NFL Network will be discussing the Patriots and free agency and the draft on NFL All Access tonight at 7:00 PM. Not sure what it's all about or if it's worth watching. Just watching a repeat game of the Falcons and Bucs and caught the end of the ad.
I have two cats and a mutt to talk to, and.... they give better insight.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a hysterical program yesterday. The Boston talking heads were all agog about who the Patriots should be trying to draft and trades and this guy came on and flushed the conversation with ice water.

Comment #1. "If I was an owner or prospective owner, there are the places where I would never purchase a team. New York, Philadlphia or Boton. Those three cities have the most obnoxious media in the country. You all sit here and make your thoughts knows as if you have all of the expertise in the country and not one of you even played college ball." Dead silence "In December you had a favorite, changed it in January, again in February and your doing it again in March. You're like surfers looking for a wave on a lake." It was the best put down I've ever seen on TV.

Comment #2. "I've known Bill Belichick for more than 30 years. He is the most intense planner I've ever met or seen. You sit here and get angry because you have nothing else to do. Believe me, Belichick has at least twenty fall back plans for free agency and the draft. He has already made his decisions about who he wants to go after in free agency and what happens if he doesn't get his first, second or third choice."

Comment #3. " Why in God's name would you even expect Bill to even suggest one thing that he planned to you? If he told you that it was in confidence, you'd never be able to keep a secret because being the first to report it would be more critical than keeping it to yourself. The best thing that you all can do is say emphatically, 'In my opinion'. Don't expect anything and enjoy what does happen on March 17th."

When they tried to corner him as to what he thought BB would do, he just said, "I never predict what anyone else will do. It would upset my friends and the peeople that I would be predicting about. Predicting is really telling other what you think that they should do. Like you, I've never played the game beyond college and have a very narrow focus. I've never been in the position to be forced to look at the whole picture and what one miscalculation could do."

I wish I had seen the guy's name or something. He looked like he was in his late fifties or early sixties. When he left, not one guy said, "Thank you Jim, or Tom, ior Horace.