• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots News

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it means the opposite.
Cam has almost no guaranteed money.
Much of his contract incentives are going to be "not likely to be earned" Meaning they won't count against the cap.
Furthermore, he can be cut in camp if we get a target QB that is ready to play.
If we get a great rookie, BB is unlikely to start him until ready.

If Cam were to earn his incentives, that would mean he had a very good year!
I guess time will tell

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think BB takes a QB before round 4.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really says a lot about Stidham’s progression
Not sure I agree. Cam just came off an injury, had no camp, new system, no WRs, I am pretty sure it will be a camp battle but BB saw something in Cam and got him again on the cheap. I think this says more about the QB class and the rebuild.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I agree. Cam just came off an injury, had no camp, new system, no WRs, I am pretty sure it will be a camp battle but BB saw something in Cam and got him again on the cheap. I think this says more about the QB class and the rebuild.
Fair enough but I'm thinking Stid just doesn't have what the Pats need.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think we ont know yet.
For now he is a bckup on a rookie contract.
Even if we draft a QB, we dont cut Stidham until we see what we have.

If our 2021 QB pick is at all iffy at final cuts, we keep 3 just in case.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough but I'm thinking Stid just doesn't have what the Pats need.
Maybe, I honestly do not understand. I question if Stidham was ever given a reasonable shot. He has looked pretty good in his limited preseason roles, and when Cam sucked last year BB still would not put him in. If he sucks that damn bad cut him loose.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, I honestly do not understand. I question if Stidham was ever given a reasonable shot. He has looked pretty good in his limited preseason roles, and when Cam sucked last year BB still would not put him in. If he sucks that damn bad cut him loose.
Stid had no training camp without Brady. He did well when Brady was here, as did Hoyer. Hoyer was a career back-up while Stid was a rookie. We all know that TB always took the snaps in practice with the first team and when he didn't, it was Hoyer.

With aa full camp, maybe some time in the film room and and the bubble, before camp, Stidham can get out of the doghouse. If Bill didn't think he had anything, he'd be gone now and not being kept around.

I think Bill did what he did to see if he could piss off Stid and get him to come out swinging this year.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stid had no training camp without Brady. He did well when Brady was here, as did Hoyer. Hoyer was a career back-up while Stid was a rookie. We all know that TB always took the snaps in practice with the first team and when he didn't, it was Hoyer.

With aa full camp, maybe some time in the film room and and the bubble, before camp, Stidham can get out of the doghouse. If Bill didn't think he had anything, he'd be gone now and not being kept around.

I think Bill did what he did to see if he could piss off Stid and get him to come out swinging this year.
I have been in leadership all my life.
I have found some people are best motivated by pissing them off!
Know anybody like that? a certain TB QB maybe?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel Stid still won't get a shot because BB just re-signed Cam. If BB did this he thinks he can resurrect Cams career and I feel his ego may get in the way. This is not like a DE or LB or WR where there are multiple players of the same position on the field at the same time, BB can cover that weakness for a season. QB is a spotlight position and the fact he brought Cam back in means he wants that to work at all cost.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been in leadership all my life.
I have found some people are best motivated by pissing them off!
Know anybody like that? a certain TB QB maybe?

While I have not been in "leadership" all my life I did have a leader once who used to piss me right the fuck off and intimidate the fuck out of me all the time and it really worked. I spent countless hours doing everything I could to prove this guy wrong and it worked.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports Cam Newton's one-year contract with the Patriots includes $5 million in base value.​

It's vastly different language from the initial report that stated Newton had re-signed for $14 million. He'll receive a $2 million signing bonus and $1.5 million in guaranteed money and per-game bonuses, but the remaining $9 million will have to be accrued via longshot incentives for the playoffs, Pro Bowl, All-Pro, MVP, Super Bowl MVP, etc. The Patriots still have the third-most cap space ($68.64 million) in the NFL and will likely look to address its offense with a majority of that number, quarterback included.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive heard on several programs that the patriots don't really like any of the top 7 or 8 QBs available in this draft. They do like several of the second tier guys. I keep hearing that Bill will take Jaime Newman if he's available in the 4th round. For whatever that's worth.

Come Wednesday, Bill just may have $83M to spend . My guess is that he'll load up on the best defensive players that he wants. If he decides to spend the money he could very easily land Barrett, Milano, AJ Bouye or Patrick Peterson and resign Jason McCourty. He could turn a decent defense into a best all around and not spend half of the money available.

AND he could sign a Fitzpatrick and have a veteran competition in camp and let the best man win.
Milano already re-signed with Buffalo

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it means the opposite.
Cam has almost no guaranteed money.
Much of his contract incentives are going to be "not likely to be earned" Meaning they won't count against the cap.
Furthermore, he can be cut in camp if we get a target QB that is ready to play.
If we get a great rookie, BB is unlikely to start him until ready.

If Cam were to earn his incentives, that would mean he had a very good year!
I posted something very similar on the main board.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milano already re-signed with Buffalo
Why do you think that is?? Because BB has always liked him and the Bills knew that they either had to sign him or face him twice a year for the next three or four years .

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think that is?? Because BB has always liked him and the Bills knew that they either had to sign him or face him twice a year for the next three or four years .
They gave him $11 million per. They rode him hard and now he is going to have to do even more. This guy will be a fraction of himself in 2 years.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They retained one of their best defensive players. Not very difficult to understand.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They retained one of their best defensive players. Not very difficult to understand.
The Bills were hoping for a much bigger cap. Having to pay Milano $11M for a team that effectively has $6,240,000 in cap space, just put a massive crunch on what they were hoping to do in free agency. It becomes very hard to understand. They got crushed in the AFCCG and they were planning to replace John Brown with someone like Marvin Jones or Kenny Golladay. You have to remember that a teams space is based on their 51 highest paid players so to get under the cap, starters have to be cut. Guys like Milano are attractive to a lot of teams and the jets would overpay just to take him away from Buffalo, just like they do when patriots player becomes available. How long did it take them to grab Braxton Berrios?