• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots News

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots Wire 3/18/2021

The New England Patriots are trading tight end Ryan Izzo to the Houston Texans for a seventh round pick, according to NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero.

Izzo was a seventh-round pick out of Florida State in 2018, and has been with the Patriots for the last three seasons. He missed all of his rookie year on injured reserve, but has amassed 19 catches for 313 yards and a touchdown over the last two years. He entered the NFL with a reputation as a blocking tight end, but didn’t live up to those expectations.

Amid opt-outs, Izzo was thrust into the top tight end spot last season with 62% of the offensive snaps. He had just 13 catches for 199 yards.

Izzo’s departure comes in the wake of two major signings at tight end in free agency, with New England adding Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith. They will join a group that includes Matt LaCosse, Devin Asiasi and Dalton Keene.
Likely going to take training amp and maybe preseason to determine who shakes out of the 3 and who ends up on practice squad.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots Wire 3/18/2021

The New England Patriots are trading tight end Ryan Izzo to the Houston Texans for a seventh round pick, according to NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero.

Izzo was a seventh-round pick out of Florida State in 2018, and has been with the Patriots for the last three seasons. He missed all of his rookie year on injured reserve, but has amassed 19 catches for 313 yards and a touchdown over the last two years. He entered the NFL with a reputation as a blocking tight end, but didn’t live up to those expectations.

Amid opt-outs, Izzo was thrust into the top tight end spot last season with 62% of the offensive snaps. He had just 13 catches for 199 yards.

Izzo’s departure comes in the wake of two major signings at tight end in free agency, with New England adding Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith. They will join a group that includes Matt LaCosse, Devin Asiasi and Dalton Keene.
Does 19 catches deserve the verb "amassed"?

Yes BK, I know you didn't write this... I'm not criticizing the posting.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are things that are happening that we never ever hear about except when Tom Brady did it. jarrett Stidham has decided that he is going to take the job from cam newton. A media guy was on earky Edition tonight and he's from LA. Stidham has had Patriots and other teams receivers out West all since February. he's got a personal QB Coach who's been working with him daily. He running on the beach and this guy says he's looking "FORMIDABLE".

I don't know what that means when one is describing a quarterback but this guy was thoroughly impressed and believes that Stidham will be the starter in September. He said that he's watched the passing workouts more than once.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Boston media is beside itself because Belichick will not even answer the phone and Neither will either of the Krafts. All of the "we're just doing our job" doesn't fly when you ruthlessly tear apart a man because a former player leaves and wins the championship. Everyone is all excited and trying to get something but the door is closed and locked.

Apparently Dave Ziegler was given the okay to speak and he didn't take questions. He made a statement and said that Bill and his staff approached free agency differently than any time in the past. Historically, the Patriots have never had much money to get free agents and Bill has had to wait and pick from the leftovers. This year the Patriots have money and the staff was told, "Versatile, healthy players who played the majority of games or snaps under 30." The Patriots have done exactly that and still have more than $20M left to spend. End of conversation.

How do you apologize if the person you're trying to reach won't take your call?

Gotta love it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Andrews won't be leaving New England after all.D

According to ESPN's Field Yates, the Patriots have re-signed the two-time Super Bowl champion center to a four-year contract.

Andrews staying in Foxboro comes as a bit of a surprise following reports earlier this week that the 28-year-old would be moving on. The Patriots also signed center Ted Karras on Wednesday, which seemed to confirm Andrews' departure.

Perry: Pats vets who could feel roster crunch after latest moves

Nonetheless, the Patriots will retain their prized center for 2021 and beyond.

With Andrews back in the mix, the Pats offensive line is looking strong heading into the new season even with Joe Thuney leaving for the Kansas City Chiefs and Marcus Cannon heading to the Houston Texans. Andrews will remain at center and be joined on the o-line by Isaiah Wynn, Trent Brown, Michael Onwenu, Justin Herron, Shaq Mason, and Karras.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are things that are happening that we never ever hear about except when Tom Brady did it. jarrett Stidham has decided that he is going to take the job from cam newton. A media guy was on earky Edition tonight and he's from LA. Stidham has had Patriots and other teams receivers out West all since February. he's got a personal QB Coach who's been working with him daily. He running on the beach and this guy says he's looking "FORMIDABLE".

I don't know what that means when one is describing a quarterback but this guy was thoroughly impressed and believes that Stidham will be the starter in September. He said that he's watched the passing workouts more than once.
Stidham is...not good. I’m not buying it. They need to upgrade over him ASAP.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's wait and see

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you base this on, your........????
I do have to apologize if I’m not falling for the Stidham “working his ass off this offseason” narrative. I’ve never seen him even look mediocre on the football field. He looks like he doesn’t even belong. So, I have to dismiss it when I hear how good he looks throwing to some buddies on a beach. You know who else looks great throwing a football on the beach? Me.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have to apologize if I’m not falling for the Stidham “working his ass off this offseason” narrative. I’ve never seen him even look mediocre on the football field. He looks like he doesn’t even belong. So, I have to dismiss it when I hear how good he looks throwing to some buddies on a beach. You know who else looks great throwing a football on the beach? Me.

Yeah - the guy had a clear window of opportunity to take the helm and blew it. Cam for the most part played like shit in 2020 and Stidham STILL couldn't take the job away. I used to tell Jets12 when he was bitching about Fitzy starting over Geno Smith. "They see these guys in practice every day -- there is a reason why Geno doesn't get the test drive."

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Video or STFU

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - the guy had a clear window of opportunity to take the helm and blew it. Cam for the most part played like shit in 2020 and Stidham STILL couldn't take the job away. I used to tell Jets12 when he was bitching about Fitzy starting over Geno Smith. "They see these guys in practice every day -- there is a reason why Geno doesn't get the test drive."
GEEEEENNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I truly hope so.