• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots News

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Arians declared in a half bagged state yesterday that the Buccaneers will be back next year with the same team and a few new additions. He pretty much declared that the Buccaneers will be competing for three in a row. He also declared that this team will be together for a long, long time.
We all know how easy that consecutive Lombardi is.

Mike Reiss stated last night that the Patriots are not involved in any talks whatsoever with the Eagles about Carson Wentz. He pretty much declared that he's not wanted in Foxboro.

The Patriots and Joe Thuney have talked but Thuney has decided to test the market. He apparently believes that he'll get a multi-year $15M+ per year deal. Does he know that the cap is going in a different direction and teams will be slicing and dicing rosters this year? Maybe the Jags or Jets will dump a load of cash.

Jets have leaked that they will go hard after Juju Smith-Shuster and Will Fuller III in free agency. If true, not smart to 'leak' info like that when the Jags and Colts have more money to spend that you do.

Patriots have been in contact with WR Corey Davis and there's mutual interest per Adam Shefter.

Patriots and C David Andrews have had several discussions and it appears that the path has been cleared for Andrews to be back for at least three more years. per Patriots Wire. No contract yet, but thigs appear promising.

JC Jackson is a RFA and the Patriots will attach a 1st Round Tender on him. Talks have started about what JC is looking for in a future contract. It's 50/50 that BB will "re-write" his contract with an extension. The patriots would bump his pay up to $10M in 2021 and then give him $12M in 2022,, 23, 24. Nothing in concrete, this is a "What could be happening". IF this happened it would be a plus for JC especially in 2021. There was no talk of guarantees.

Finally, according to Andy Hart, several teams have contacted the Patriots about obtaining Stephon Gilmore. No details about who or what's being offered. The rumblings are player swaps with draft picks. Hart believes that teams are offering outstanding players with huge contracts that they need to get rid of. BB is sitting in the CatBird seat.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Arians declared in a half bagged state yesterday that the Buccaneers will be back next year with the same team and a few new additions. He pretty much declared that the Buccaneers will be competing for three in a row. He also declared that this team will be together for a long, long time.

Mike Reiss stated last night that the Patriots are not involved in any talks whatsoever with the Eagles about Carson Wentz. He pretty much declared that he's not wanted in Foxboro.

The Patriots and Joe Thuney have talked but Thuney has decided to test the market. He apparently believes that he'll get a multi-year $15M+ per year deal. Does he know that the cap is going in a different direction and teams will be slicing and dicing rosters this year? Maybe the Jags or Jets will dump a load of cash.

Jets have leaked that they will go hard after Juju Smith-Shuster and Will Fuller III in free agency. If true, not smart to 'leak' info like that when the Jags and Colts have more money to spend that you do.

Patriots have been in contact with WR Corey Davis and there's mutual interest per Adam Shefter.

Patriots and C David Andrews have had several discussions and it appears that the path has been cleared for Andrews to be back for at least three more years. per Patriots Wire. No contract yet, but thigs appear promising.

JC Jackson is a RFA and the Patriots will attach a 1st Round Tender on him. Talks have started about what JC is looking for in a future contract. It's 50/50 that BB will "re-write" his contract with an extension. The patriots would bump his pay up to $10M in 2021 and then give him $12M in 2022,, 23, 24. Nothing in concrete, this is a "What could be happening". IF this happened it would be a plus for JC especially in 2021. There was no talk of guarantees.

Finally, according to Andy Hart, several teams have contacted the Patriots about obtaining Stephon Gilmore. No details about who or what's being offered. The rumblings are player swaps with draft picks. Hart believes that teams are offering outstanding players with huge contracts that they need to get rid of. BB is sitting in the CatBird seat.
Isn't Corey Davis still a Titan at this point?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

" huge contracts that they need to get rid of." How is that better than Gilmore?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meaning the Pats cannot contact him until then.
But agents are reaching out now to get the road cleared. How the hell do you think 36 free agents get signed within a half hour of the season starting??

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But agents are reaching out now to get the road cleared. How the hell do you think 36 free agents get signed within a half hour of the season starting??
One answer, illegal tampering. No contact means no contact and not "except our secret agents".

Telling a third party of who you are interested is tampering whether a reporter or some guy at the grocery store.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One answer, illegal tampering. No contact means no contact and not "except our secret agents".

Telling a third party of who you are interested is tampering whether a reporter or some guy at the grocery store.
but it happens every day......

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So are you implying two agents can't talk? My understanding was agents, GMs, could not talk to teams or players about trades but I think agents can talk to agents and agents can talk to players.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you implying two agents can't talk? My understanding was agents, GMs, could not talk to teams or players about trades but I think agents can talk to agents and agents can talk to players.
The NFL has set out rough dates for their offseason program. These are subject to change in the current climate if any issues arise, but as of January 5th, these are the tentative dates for free agency.

• Legal tampering period: March 15th
  • 2021 NFL free agency start date: March 17th
The 2021 NFL league year begins and free agency starts March 17th. Traditionally, the start of the new league year is when free agency also opens. However, for 48 hours prior to the start of free agency, teams can begin to negotiate with players who will become free agents when free agency starts March 17th. This is known as the legal tampering period.

What is the legal tampering period?​

The legal tampering period is a two-day timeframe where agents of unrestricted free agents can begin discussions with NFL teams. However, no specifics of the deal can be agreed upon or announced before the official start of free agency.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only tampering that th league is concerned about is wheen a team tampers with a player under contract. Even in passing. The perfect example is when two teams finish a game and everyone is in the middle of the field saying whatever. A player walks uptoa coach and says, "Congrats coach, wish I was here playing with you." Not a problem. The coach then says, "Let me see what I can do." That's illegal. If he had said, ""You never know what will happen these days." it's perfectly legal.

Agents can contact a team anytime during the offseason but nothing can be legally done until the season opens. Remember when the NFL seasons started at the stroke of midnight? The was a year, I believe it was 2012 where three players were waiting to put ink to paper and all three were signed within five minutes. You'd have to be a an idiot to believ that nothing had ben done before midnight.

With the cap mess that the league is in, you can bet your ass that FA player reps have been on the phone talking to teams since the regular season ended. You can sense the fear that is permeating the league right now. $20M less on the cap and 250 rookies about to take veterans' spots on a roster. Your agent better be selling your soul and if you want to play, you might have to work for 20% less than you made last year.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL has set out rough dates for their offseason program. These are subject to change in the current climate if any issues arise, but as of January 5th, these are the tentative dates for free agency.

• Legal tampering period: March 15th
  • 2021 NFL free agency start date: March 17th
The 2021 NFL league year begins and free agency starts March 17th. Traditionally, the start of the new league year is when free agency also opens. However, for 48 hours prior to the start of free agency, teams can begin to negotiate with players who will become free agents when free agency starts March 17th. This is known as the legal tampering period.

What is the legal tampering period?​

The legal tampering period is a two-day timeframe where agents of unrestricted free agents can begin discussions with NFL teams. However, no specifics of the deal can be agreed upon or announced before the official start of free agency.
Still does not answer the question. I understand agents cannot talk to players we all get that but nowhere does it say agents cant talk to agents.

So agent A talks to agents B about player A. Then Agent A talks to his player Player A. Then Agent A calls Agent B. Nowhere did Agent B and PLayer A ever talk.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agents are "third parties". My post says teams can't talk to third parties. It doesn't say anything about prohibiting third parties from talking to third parties or third parties talking to second parties (the players).

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A player walks uptoa coach and says, "Congrats coach, wish I was here playing with you." Not a problem. The coach then says, "Let me see what I can do." That's illegal. If he had said, ""You never know what will happen these days." it's perfectly legal.
Thanks for the "man-splaining".

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agents are "third parties". My post says teams can't talk to third parties. It doesn't say anything about prohibiting third parties from talking to third parties or third parties talking to second parties (the players).
Exactly the only reason I brought that up is because that is how those 30 min deals get done IMO. ANd I think it's legit

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I drove by a state cop this morning at 83 mph. He just grinned as I passed his little radar gun.

The NFL can't watch every single staff member or coach or player or agent. It's accepted practice that these thing happen and as long as no one does anything publicly and it's ll kept behind closed doors, no one has a problem. The only time that we see anything is when a team thinks that they are in the driver's seat with deal and then that player suddenly isn't responding and word gets back that he 'might' be talking to somebody else. There are ripples but that team can't say anything because they were also breaking the rules. It's basically 'turn your head'.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I drove by a state cop this morning at 83 mph. He just grinned as I passed his little radar gun.
You really shouldn't be driving with the aid of binoculars... If he was grinning it was because he realized he was prioritizing his donut over doing his job.