• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots News

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we have Watson, Wentz, Wilson, and Garappolo who's names are being tossed around. Watson and Wilson want more say in the personnel that their teams bring in. Because Brady told the Bucs he wanted Gronk, Fournette and Brown and they went out an signed them and won the Super Bowl, now every QB wants to pick his guys to throw to. This seems to be the new QB trend. Will Trevor lawrence refuse to sign with the Jags unless they let him pick the WRs that the Jags draft?

You want to sit at the table? Take the same salary as the Offensive Coordinator and accept the same amount of responsibility for the losses as well as the wins. Or take the same salary as your head coach. Most head coaches make less than a third what their starting QBs make. The biggest question is where and when have these guys ever actually done anything other than play football. Wilson has been in th league for 15 years but has he ever run a real business? Not an LLC with his name where the ad money and appearance money is sheltered, but an actual business with daily responsibility and liability?

I hope BB stays away from the high priced guys and the problems that they will all bring with them. JG might be the only guy who doesn't have a lot of baggage, but he's been broken and repaired a few times.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we have Watson, Wentz, Wilson, and Garappolo who's names are being tossed around. Watson and Wilson want more say in the personnel that their teams bring in. Because Brady told the Bucs he wanted Gronk, Fournette and Brown and they went out an signed them and won the Super Bowl, now every QB wants to pick his guys to throw to. This seems to be the new QB trend. Will Trevor lawrence refuse to sign with the Jags unless they let him pick the WRs that the Jags draft?

You want to sit at the table? Take the same salary as the Offensive Coordinator and accept the same amount of responsibility for the losses as well as the wins. Or take the same salary as your head coach. Most head coaches make less than a third what their starting QBs make. The biggest question is where and when have these guys ever actually done anything other than play football. Wilson has been in th league for 15 years but has he ever run a real business? Not an LLC with his name where the ad money and appearance money is sheltered, but an actual business with daily responsibility and liability?

I hope BB stays away from the high priced guys and the problems that they will all bring with them. JG might be the only guy who doesn't have a lot of baggage, but he's been broken and repaired a few times.
I agree. We don't need additional drama although I think Wilson may be fairly drama free I just don't like the potential price tag. I feel JG is a decent QB, I feel Josh can work with him, he knows the system, is mobile and might come at a nice price. I agree if JG is there grab him. Then maybe take a shot at a QB in round 4

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. We don't need additional drama although I think Wilson may be fairly drama free I just don't like the potential price tag. I feel JG is a decent QB, I feel Josh can work with him, he knows the system, is mobile and might come at a nice price. I agree if JG is there grab him. Then maybe take a shot at a QB in round 4
Wilson was on the NFL Network yesterday and basically said that he would like a seat at the table when personnel decisions are made. Brady has ushered in a new bargaining chip for QBs. If I was an owner, my reply would very simple, you play football and that's your job. TB12 has won 7 Super Bowls and he'd won six when he made the requests that he made. Win me six Super Bowls and I'll let you have input at the table, util then, just do your fuckin' job, which is playing football for me.

I know a lot of folks don't like Fitzpatrick, but he's been damn good in Miami and while he's a bit long in the tooth, he can still giddyup when he has to do it. Miami was playing much better with him at QB than Tua, but they wanted Tua to get the snaps in real games. Fitzy was a pro about it and he shocked the Fins when he refused to even discuss a 2021 contract. He wants to play and now he has a chip on his shoulder. ""I"" think New England in a transition year would be perfect for his skill set.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson was on the NFL Network yesterday and basically said that he would like a seat at the table when personnel decisions are made. Brady has ushered in a new bargaining chip for QBs. If I was an owner, my reply would very simple, you play football and that's your job. TB12 has won 7 Super Bowls and he'd won six when he made the requests that he made. Win me six Super Bowls and I'll let you have input at the table, util then, just do your fuckin' job, which is playing football for me.

I know a lot of folks don't like Fitzpatrick, but he's been damn good in Miami and while he's a bit long in the tooth, he can still giddyup when he has to do it. Miami was playing much better with him at QB than Tua, but they wanted Tua to get the snaps in real games. Fitzy was a pro about it and he shocked the Fins when he refused to even discuss a 2021 contract. He wants to play and now he has a chip on his shoulder. ""I"" think New England in a transition year would be perfect for his skill set.
I feel giving players the right to personal decisions is a monstrous mistake. The don't always think about cap space, team depth, contracts and incentives, They see flash not buisness

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of folks don't like Fitzpatrick
I actually like him, but don't want him here. He could win games for us, but he's not adding to a longer term solution. It's why I would have preferred Stid last year instead of sCam.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like him, but don't want him here. He could win games for us, but he's not adding to a longer term solution. It's why I would have preferred Stid last year instead of sCam.

Other than spending a shit ton of money for a FA QB, he is the best remaining option... Pick him up for a year... Pick a QB in the draft who could learn from Fitz.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Fitzpatrick has a win/loss record of 59/86. He has 240 total passing and rushing TD's and 200 total turnovers. He isn't good. He isn't a winner. He is a below average QB.

NO TO FITZPATRICK

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Fitzpatrick has a win/loss record of 59/86. He has 240 total passing and rushing TD's and 200 total turnovers. He isn't good. He isn't a winner. He is a below average QB.

NO TO FITZPATRICK
But he has such a great beard!

I'll show myself out.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NO TO FITZPATRICK
Part of the problem is that he's never had a decent surrounding cast. In Miami this past year he was winning every week and doing it well. Miami was 8-2 when they decided to go full Tua. Can't blame the last 6 on Fitz. He actually came in twice and bailed Tua out of a mess.

Fitz is nit Brady or manning but he's a shitton better than Cam. Having a support cast like the Pats OLine and the RBs is a great start. If BB can land a couple of good, not great, WRs and maybe draft a couple, along with a Mond or Elhiger, Fitz could be the perfect bridge and a solid backup for another year while breaking in another kid in 2022.

I'd really hate to see BB sign any FA for more than a year.

The big problem is that Marcus Mariota's name is being mentioned more and more often.It seems like there's a belief that he can be the MM of 2015 or 2016.

Of course BB might be thinking of trying to get Brady to finish his career back where he started..............................

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NO TO FITZPATRICK
You failed to mention he's undefeated in the playoffs (too bad I'm ruining my joke by listing his 0-0 playoff record)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You failed to mention he's undefeated in the playoffs (too bad I'm ruining my joke by listing his 0-0 playoff record)
That's better than Mahomes 1-2 record against Brady.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's better than Mahomes 1-2 record against Brady.
No it's not. It's not, it's not. Are you really going to argue that never getting to the playoffs is better than making it to the playoffs three times?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pulling yur string a bit......

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While, no, I am not a Fitz fan, I can appreciate that, and I do think he would be an upgrade over Cam Newton.

Sort of like being in the middle of a blackout drunk is an improvement in sobriety over being comatose...There is still a lot of improvement to be had.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the problem is that he's never had a decent surrounding cast. In Miami this past year he was winning every week and doing it well. Miami was 8-2 when they decided to go full Tua. Can't blame the last 6 on Fitz. He actually came in twice and bailed Tua out of a mess.

Fitz is nit Brady or manning but he's a shitton better than Cam. Having a support cast like the Pats OLine and the RBs is a great start. If BB can land a couple of good, not great, WRs and maybe draft a couple, along with a Mond or Elhiger, Fitz could be the perfect bridge and a solid backup for another year while breaking in another kid in 2022.

I'd really hate to see BB sign any FA for more than a year.

The big problem is that Marcus Mariota's name is being mentioned more and more often.It seems like there's a belief that he can be the MM of 2015 or 2016.

Of course BB might be thinking of trying to get Brady to finish his career back where he started..............................
Fitz was with 4 team for 2 years, including the team that drafted him.
He was with 3 teams for 1 year.
The Bills hung on to him for 3 years and what did that dedication get them?
No.

Maryota in his best years still sucked. Fuck that shit. Just fucking no. And I don't mean typical Boston fan you suck, I mean he fucking sucked for a team that had a lot of suck. Just fucking no. Keep Hoyer or go Stiddy. No Maryota.

Rather have Brissett. By a long shot.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love this. But I'm not holding my breath. He said...

"...and you won't catch me dead living in the Northeast anymore."
and
"I'm never going back to cold weather,"

so...there's that.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Fitz really never played on a great/good team. And if he joined the Patriots, he still wouldn't. We are an average team at best. The Patriots need to get the QB of the future. If its through the draft and we need to try and trade up, do it. If its for an Established veteran, do it. Be aggressive and get the QB we need. This was the first year we sucked in a very long time and i fucking hated it. We have the $. We have a few vets we can trade and we have a decent draft slot for once. Be aggressive, not dumb and get that QB.