• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots News

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Zeigler has informed the Broncos that he is withdrawing his name from consideration for General Manager. He has decided that his future is with the New England Patriots.

Scouting and draft positioning are in excellent hands. I just exhaled a huge breath of relief.

Z has been Caserio's heart when it comes to determining college to NFL ability. He's also been the eyes that have seen the guy who've been signed as undrafted free agents for the past seven years.

Personnel is in good hands.
Let me see if I got this right. This guy is responsible for all the good picks and signing over the last few years and BB is responsible for all the bad ones?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daily stuff from Patriots.Com

The Patriots have a lot of decisions to make in the coming weeks, whether it's with the quarterback position, re-signing their own free agents or targeting big-money free agents from other teams.
That process has already begun in Foxborough, and there's been no shortage of suggestions coming in from the media. One area that will be crucial is identifying which players are worth investing in for the future. In that vein, ESPN.com believes Bill Belichick's assessment of the team’s young linebackers is critical to the Patriots future.

The Boston Globe provides an overview of some quarterbacks who might be available for the Patriots in 2021. The next step in the Boston Herald's rebuilding plan involves reloading the defensive front.

The Boston Globe wonders why Josh McDaniels isn’t getting any head coaching interviews.

WEEI.com explains why Jerod Mayo would make a lot of sense of the Eagles.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Belichick was paraphrased but not quoted....He apparently got a bit tweaked when someone asked 'if he might be interested in Dak Prescott.?
Typical BB immediately responded that Dak Prescott is the QB of the Dallas Cowboys until 4:00 PM on March 3, 2021. To even mention his name in regards to anything else is a violation of league rules. This may be where the "leak" got it's birth. Then another idiot asked if any agents had been in contact with him because the Patriots have so much cap space? Again, BB said that he is forbid by league rules to discuss player who are under contract to other teams until they are declared free agents by the league.

Straight answers with no other indication but the media is so starved for news that they, THEY, interpret what Bill says to suit their need to get everyone else talking and the get everyone calling everyone else that they know and begin to pick at little scabs and see if they cab draw blood.

The Boston media took those comments as Bill saying "yes" without actually saying "yes" because he didn't say "No".

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marquise Lee WR who opted out because of Covid has stated that he will be back to the Patriots in 2021.

He will be aan immediaate improvement to the existing group.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marquise Lee WR who opted out because of Covid has stated that he will be back to the Patriots in 2021.

Still need a QB that can get him the ball.

Everyone worried about NEs WRs. It's not a bad group assuming JE11 has something left. QB and TE were/are the issue.

If NE doesn't go QB in the first I hope Pitts slips to them and BB grabs him. Instant impact.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STFU Boston Globe on "Why isn't McDaniels getting any shots at a HC job.."

Him taking job than at last second backing out has ruined his chances for a while

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Completely forgot he was on the team

WR # 1 on this current roster

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd probably sign a three year $3M contract and upgrade the staff.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBC Sports Boston has turned brutal against Bill Belichick now that TB12 is in the Super Bowl.

They're running a poll with four answers and of course they're saying that 38% of pats fans are now saying that allowing TB to leave was the worst decision in NFL history. 20% say it's unforgivable, 27% say it is what it is and 3% say it will all work out. Tom Curran had Brady's father on Quick Slant and it's playing every other hlf hour. Brady Sr. is playing it close to the vest and won't say anything negative not matter how hard Tom Curran tried to get him to do it. He praised the Krafts and Curran had to change the subject.

It's amazing how easily these guys have turned on the Pats. Look at how great TB is playing and the patriots could have had him because he wanted to stay. EXCUSE ME?? If he had wanted to stay, he'd still be here. No one mentions that the Patriots would have had to cut players to pay Brady because they only had $20M total in cap space and had to set aside $7M for the draft. They had $13M and would have had to find $12M more. 13 starters left in free agency and the WR corps and TEs were depleted. Gronk had retired and wasn't coming back to NE. No one mentions that the Bucs had a stellar cast in 2019 and Jameis Winston and Bruce Arians wasted it. After the loss to Kansas City, the Bucs Owers told Arians to let Brady handle the offense with Leftowich and to stay the hell away from it.

I can't even imagine what they'll be like after Brady wins his 7th ring next week.

If I was Belichick, I wouldn't give the Boston media anything from here on. I wouldn't allow them access like they've had for the past 20 years and I'd warn players that they were not to give anything either. Let the well run dry and not offer a drop of water. I'd be the most billigerent, bullhead MF on earth but be accomadating and friendly to all other media outside Boston. During those weekly press conferences, every time a Boston person asked a question I'd say, "Next."

I had to delete Early Edition, Quick Slants and Boston Sports Tonight this morning. I'm pretty tolerant, but this is unforgivable.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBC Sports Boston has turned brutal against Bill Belichick now that TB12 is in the Super Bowl.

They're running a poll with four answers and of course they're saying that 38% of pats fans are now saying that allowing TB to leave was the worst decision in NFL history. 20% say it's unforgivable, 27% say it is what it is and 3% say it will all work out. Tom Curran had Brady's father on Quick Slant and it's playing every other hlf hour. Brady Sr. is playing it close to the vest and won't say anything negative not matter how hard Tom Curran tried to get him to do it. He praised the Krafts and Curran had to change the subject.

It's amazing how easily these guys have turned on the Pats. Look at how great TB is playing and the patriots could have had him because he wanted to stay. EXCUSE ME?? If he had wanted to stay, he'd still be here. No one mentions that the Patriots would have had to cut players to pay Brady because they only had $20M total in cap space and had to set aside $7M for the draft. They had $13M and would have had to find $12M more. 13 starters left in free agency and the WR corps and TEs were depleted. Gronk had retired and wasn't coming back to NE. No one mentions that the Bucs had a stellar cast in 2019 and Jameis Winston and Bruce Arians wasted it. After the loss to Kansas City, the Bucs Owers told Arians to let Brady handle the offense with Leftowich and to stay the hell away from it.

I can't even imagine what they'll be like after Brady wins his 7th ring next week.

If I was Belichick, I wouldn't give the Boston media anything from here on. I wouldn't allow them access like they've had for the past 20 years and I'd warn players that they were not to give anything either. Let the well run dry and not offer a drop of water. I'd be the most billigerent, bullhead MF on earth but be accomadating and friendly to all other media outside Boston. During those weekly press conferences, every time a Boston person asked a question I'd say, "Next."

I had to delete Early Edition, Quick Slants and Boston Sports Tonight this morning. I'm pretty tolerant, but this is unforgivable.
Brady wasn't going to do anything more with the Pats in 2020 than he did in 2019.
Weapons were not there and no money to get weapons.
Brady had one bad year and didn't want two. He also had the enviable position of being able to pick the most loaded team to go to.
He probably could have gotten $100 mil per year out of the Jets, but he cherry picked the Buc's because of the roster and right now ability to win over money.
Not Bill's fault and Bill will have the Pats back in the game.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady wasn't going to do anything more with the Pats in 2020 than he did in 2019.
Brady had one bad year and didn't want two. He also had the enviable position of being able to pick the most loaded team to go to.
He probably could have gotten $100 mil per year out of the Jets, but he cherry picked the Buc's because of the roster and right now ability to win over money.
It's a dumb discussion since the hurt of letting him go can only last a couple more years. It's not like trading Babe fucking Ruth just before the prime of his career.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a dumb discussion since the hurt of letting him go can only last a couple more years. It's not like trading Babe fucking Ruth just before the prime of his career.
Or never giving Ruth a chance to bat other than when he pitched even though he killed the ball.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

F EM!

Listen even though the Patriots sucks this year and even WITH Newton under center he still threw it (albeit very poorly" to wrs that Brady wouldn't even consider handing the ball off too.. It's just a ridiculous over reaction now that Brady is IN the Super Bowl and the Patriots didn't make the play-offs.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this completely. I see all kinds of Pats fans crying that we never should have let Brady go as if the Pats would've somehow been contenders this season with Brady. No fucking chance. The Pats roster just didn't have it. Yes, Cam made it worse but the Pats just didn't have it.

Brady made the right choice for his legacy and I believe that Kraft and Belichick supported him.

I also believe the Pats will bounce back. Hopefully, this coming season but if not soon after.

And fuck Tom Curran and the rest of Boston sports media. Other than Mike Reiss and a few others they all suck balls.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this completely. I see all kinds of Pats fans crying that we never should have let Brady go as if the Pats would've somehow been contenders this season with Brady. No fucking chance. The Pats roster just didn't have it. Yes, Cam made it worse but the Pats just didn't have it.

Brady made the right choice for his legacy and I believe that Kraft and Belichick supported him.

I also believe the Pats will bounce back. Hopefully, this coming season but if not soon after.

And fuck Tom Curran and the rest of Boston sports media. Other than Mike Reiss and a few others they all suck balls.
Never fall in love with the media. They're all a bunch of hos

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Southieinnc I was saying "F EM!" to the media not to Brady....

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got that.
Just adding my "F EM!" to the discussion.....

They shouldn't really get any credit. They just stir the pot. I don't trust a word they say, they flip flop more than a hamburger flipper at McDonald's