• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots News

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nowhere did I call you a liar so please don't get a knot in your New Year's Diaper. I simply stated it's a bit of a mystery. And when you first mentioned I asked because to often on this board and the media as a whole excerpts on a full article or comment are made to try and make a point.

My argument from the outset was the TB12 is infamous for quotes like "Whose your favorite receiver? The Open One" And he's been that way his whole career. QBs league wide are known for limiting attempts to targets they are not comfortable with. I posted where the stats from last year weren't that far off the mark from recent other years. I mentioned how the organization gave him a shit show for WR s last year and it was widely known they would do nothing to make it better this year. I posted opinions that BBs low ball tactics are in part why he left. I mentioned that he is a competitor and knew full well he could not endure another rebuild so he left for a chance to win one two more SBs.

I did this is support of a theory that it's asinine to be pissy at Brady because he left. He lived out his contract, knew this team was gonna suck he has all rights to leave this team. And that is what started all this. If people think he was pissy for one year and are willing to forgo all other years and choose to cut off their nose to spite their face then in all honesty fuck em, who needs douchebag fair weather fans?
I agree with most of this and practically your entire perspective about Brady leaving, but how does holding a resentment to Brady make anyone a fair weather fan? I'd say the opposite, in that some choose to support the team to the extreme point of holding resentments to players who make choices that are in their personal interests instead of exclusively the teams.

If you are calling folks fair weather Brady fans I'd add this: Team loyalist are separating the loyalty of NEP - Tom Brady, versus any other Tom Brady affiliation.

For the record, I do think you can find fault in someone for being too loyal... However the comment stands alone and isn't being pointed at anyone.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nowhere did I call you a liar so please don't get a knot in your New Year's Diaper. I simply stated it's a bit of a mystery. And when you first mentioned I asked because to often on this board and the media as a whole excerpts on a full article or comment are made to try and make a point.

My argument from the outset was the TB12 is infamous for quotes like "Whose your favorite receiver? The Open One" And he's been that way his whole career. QBs league wide are known for limiting attempts to targets they are not comfortable with. I posted where the stats from last year weren't that far off the mark from recent other years. I mentioned how the organization gave him a shit show for WR s last year and it was widely known they would do nothing to make it better this year. I posted opinions that BBs low ball tactics are in part why he left. I mentioned that he is a competitor and knew full well he could not endure another rebuild so he left for a chance to win one two more SBs.

I did this is support of a theory that it's asinine to be pissy at Brady because he left. He lived out his contract, knew this team was gonna suck he has all rights to leave this team. And that is what started all this. If people think he was pissy for one year and are willing to forgo all other years and choose to cut off their nose to spite their face then in all honesty fuck em, who needs douchebag fair weather fans?
There's my point. You want to cherry pick certain details that fits your story line and ignore the rest.

the organization gave him a shit show for WR s last year

Brought in Josh Gordon and Antonio Brown, selected a WR in the 1st for the first time, mortgaged the future for another after that didn't work out, all were who Brady wanted except for Harry. They TRIED.

BBs low ball tactics are in part why he left

They gave him a 2 year $70 million contract. There is only so much to go around. Top tier OL deserves more money, Top tier WR deserves more money, top tier TE deserves more money, RB's don't count but top tier defenses that keep the offense on the field do. But pay them... pay them all, don't lowball anyone.

Yes. He had every right to leave. He declined the second year of that 2 year $70 and they made him another offer. He admittedly never looked at it, yet waited all through the negotiation period to give his good bye. Bill had mortgaged the future for SB trophies, of which they were fortunate to win three of 5 in a row. If...IF... Bill had not been win now at all costs, would they, would the great Tom Brady, have won 3 of 5? Was Marty B the player who made the difference that kept them in the game against Seattle? Hypothetically, maybe without Marty B there is no Butler save and TB is a 3 ring QB that doesn't have the leverage to pack up and go to Tampa. But Bill went out and got Marty B even though we had Gronk.
He left because there was no cash left after they spent the future to win now and he didn't appreciate it. Because his ego would not let him. Goes both ways.

He was and is the greatest QB ever. But he didn't get there on his own. He did not carry New England through the greatest years in the history of sports, he was an integral part, even a crucial one.
He just fucked up the exit.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of this and practically your entire perspective about Brady leaving, but how does holding a resentment to Brady make anyone a fair weather fan? I'd say the opposite, in that some choose to support the team to the extreme point of holding resentments to players who make choices that are in their personal interests instead of exclusively the teams.

If you are calling folks fair weather Brady fans I'd add this: Team loyalist are separating the loyalty of NEP - Tom Brady, versus any other Tom Brady affiliation.

For the record, I do think you can find fault in someone for being too loyal... However the comment stands alone and isn't being pointed at anyone.
Yeah I meant fair weather fan more as it related to the Brady love fest for 20 years to now holding ill will toward him because he made a decision that was best for him.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's my point. You want to cherry pick certain details that fits your story line and ignore the rest.

the organization gave him a shit show for WR s last year

Brought in Josh Gordon and Antonio Brown, selected a WR in the 1st for the first time, mortgaged the future for another after that didn't work out, all were who Brady wanted except for Harry. They TRIED.

BBs low ball tactics are in part why he left

They gave him a 2 year $70 million contract. There is only so much to go around. Top tier OL deserves more money, Top tier WR deserves more money, top tier TE deserves more money, RB's don't count but top tier defenses that keep the offense on the field do. But pay them... pay them all, don't lowball anyone.

Yes. He had every right to leave. He declined the second year of that 2 year $70 and they made him another offer. He admittedly never looked at it, yet waited all through the negotiation period to give his good bye. Bill had mortgaged the future for SB trophies, of which they were fortunate to win three of 5 in a row. If...IF... Bill had not been win now at all costs, would they, would the great Tom Brady, have won 3 of 5? Was Marty B the player who made the difference that kept them in the game against Seattle? Hypothetically, maybe without Marty B there is no Butler save and TB is a 3 ring QB that doesn't have the leverage to pack up and go to Tampa. But Bill went out and got Marty B even though we had Gronk.
He left because there was no cash left after they spent the future to win now and he didn't appreciate it. Because his ego would not let him. Goes both ways.

He was and is the greatest QB ever. But he didn't get there on his own. He did not carry New England through the greatest years in the history of sports, he was an integral part, even a crucial one.
He just fucked up the exit.
And Gordon lasted how long? How long did Brown last? And Harry has been trash. So yeah it's still a shit show was it not? Not Cherry Picking anything that's how it happened. TB stated last year he knew he was leaving he was aware of the shit show and opted out he was well within his right to do so.

Look here is the bottom line and I really don't give a hoot if you are anyone else does not like it. Brady gave this team more than any other player in franchise history that's not debatable IMO. Any any person here or anywhere else that holds disdain toward Brady because he left for greener pastures is IMO a fucking douche, if that comment bothers you again I don't care. I you and others choose to act like quivering vaginas then enjoy the douche.

I am not going to banter back and forth on this anymore. TB new he was leaving, Kraft knew he was leaving, BB knew he was leaving before last year so why look at an offer when all parties involved were already aware. He wanted out and had every right to leave;\

Here From Your Boy:

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady gave this team more than any other player in franchise history that's not debatable IMO.
It's established you and I are on the same page and paragraph on this topic. But I see Brady's giving as equal parts giving and getting. First, BB gave him an opportunity early (no I don't credit Mo Lewis the way others do) then early on tailored the offense for Brady's strengths. Most other coaches may have be more concerned with Brady's flaws to completely buy into him... Without the complete buy in, Brady isn't on his way to GOATdom by 2005.

Later when it became about the money, Brady gave back to help build a better team which sealed his fate in the GOATdom. It may have ticked him off when he gave up money and it wasn't spent to make Randy and Wes content. Does anyone look back now and say Brady's money spent on those two would have yielded better results than what BB accomplished.. You need to factor in that JE may not develop the way he did if Wes stayed 3 more years.

My point is this: The giving was a career strategy and not a gift from his heart. But back to your point, he had a choice and easily could have taken money elsewhere instead and he did not. He chose the strategy that gave us fans a lot of enjoyment.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Brady more than almost any Patriots player ever. But while he is playing for another team.... FUCK TOM BRADY. I will like him again when he retires. If that makes me a doucher... so be it.

Fuck Brady... Fuck Gronk... Fuck the Bucs and the biggest Fuck of all.... Fuck you @YankeeRebel the biggest Twat on the Hoop.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Gordon lasted how long? How long did Brown last? And Harry has been trash. So yeah it's still a shit show was it not? Not Cherry Picking anything that's how it happened. TB stated last year he knew he was leaving he was aware of the shit show and opted out he was well within his right to do so.

Look here is the bottom line and I really don't give a hoot if you are anyone else does not like it. Brady gave this team more than any other player in franchise history that's not debatable IMO. Any any person here or anywhere else that holds disdain toward Brady because he left for greener pastures is IMO a fucking douche, if that comment bothers you again I don't care. I you and others choose to act like quivering vaginas then enjoy the douche.

I am not going to banter back and forth on this anymore. TB new he was leaving, Kraft knew he was leaving, BB knew he was leaving before last year so why look at an offer when all parties involved were already aware. He wanted out and had every right to leave;\

Here From Your Boy:
Blah blah blah...and anyone who doesn't agree with me is a fucking douche...blah blah blah

And that can't be a valid statement about when he knew and when every one knew, that was on Howard Stern.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"There were a lot of circumstances that went into this year's team, this years roster, and so froth, and I would say there are a lot of things that will be different next year relative to this year"

- Bill Belichick

Found on FB page (New England Patriots Nation) that I follow

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good discussion on Boston Sports Tonight last night (Which I just finished watching almost 24 hours later). Bert Breer made a great point and I have to agree with it.

"Bill Belichick has several tough decisions to make. Does he sit back in the draft and see what quarterbacks drop to the fifteenth spot and take the best of the lot? Or does he look at all of the players and take the best player available regardless of the position?" Breer then said, "Or does he take a huge gamble and try to move up and get a Lance, Trask or Wilson? If he does that, will he get another Haskins or will he get a Russell Wilson??Washington spent a lot of draft capital to get Haskins and cut him this week." Great point. He went on, "Maybe Bill just does the thing that he has done in the past and deals the 15th pick and moves down six to ten picks and picks up another 3rd and 5th round pick. There are some people who ready to retire and there is a huge group of young players. Wouldn't it be smarter to draft several young, bright wide receivers, a couple of offensive and defensive linemen and a late round QB and use the cap money to bring in a veteran that can also help coach the Stidham and new guy?" He sort of dropped it back on DJ Bean and Andy Giles when he finished, "Maybe 2021 will be a bridge year where all of the young guys get a year unfer their belts and the Patriots finish 8-8 or 9-7 and mold the team that will be in the playoffs from 2022 through 2028."

Basically, don't expect the Patriots to challenge for the Super Bowl in 2021. Set your sights a bit lower and hope that all of new personnel and most likely, new coaches can meld.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a tiny note. If the Cowboys, Vikings and Chargers all win this weekend and the Patriots lose................the Patriots will pick 11th in the 2021 Draft.

I know as a 60 year Patriots fan, I want to see them win and stay at #14 where they are right now at 6-9. But the best draft draft position fan in me says that I hope they lose and the other three win. Even if BB traded the pick, the windfall could be huge. The value of that pick is only redeemable for a 1st, 2nd and 4th at worst. The further down a team is, the more that they will have to give up. If he moved down to the mid twenties, it would be a 1,2,3 and a 5th. The bigger option might be that Fields or Wilson will be available.

As we sit here right now, Mac Jones will be available for BB in Round 2. If Alabama wins the National Title, he'll probably move up past Justin Fields and possibly Trevor Lawrence. If he does move up that far, then the Bengals might be open to trade the #3 and the Patriots could possibly move up and take Fields.

Lots of interesting stuff going on.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah blah blah...and anyone who doesn't agree with me is a fucking douche...blah blah blah

And that can't be a valid statement about when he knew and when every one knew, that was on Howard Stern.
Oyyy the douchery continues! You have a happy New Year

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors are picking up steam and the Bpston evening shows are talking about two things.

1. Adam Gase as OC or QB Coach
2. Jets may be willing to trade Darnold to the Patriots.

A third rumor that no one can confirm is that BB and Bill O'Brien have had several conversations since O'Brien was fired from the Texans. That's starting to get the media wondering if OB might be coming back as OC and Gase will be his Ass't and QB Coach.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the Planets are lining up.

Chargers v Chiefs. >>> Chiefs announced that Patrick Mahomes will not play Sunday and will be held out. Chargers win??
Vikings v Lions >>> Vikings should win.
Cowboys v Giants >>> If the Washington Football Team loses on MNF against the Eagles, the winner of this game wins the division. Cowboys??

If Bill starts Cam, you know he's looking to get that 11th pick. The Broncos are playing the raiders and if they win, the Pats get #10.

I think I'll be rooting for the Jets.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors are picking up steam and the Bpston evening shows are talking about two things.

1. Adam Gase as OC or QB Coach
2. Jets may be willing to trade Darnold to the Patriots.

A third rumor that no one can confirm is that BB and Bill O'Brien have had several conversations since O'Brien was fired from the Texans. That's starting to get the media wondering if OB might be coming back as OC and Gase will be his Ass't and QB Coach.
no to gase worst coach in league
no to darnold dont need another project
no to obrien lost worst coach when he got fired
its a 3 peat :suds:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Bolden says he wants to play again next year for the Patriots per NFLRumors.com.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami's offense was schizophrenic with Gase as coach
o'brian? LOL
Sam Darnold? maybe.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit I think Darnold is not a project I think the Jets are a project

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a tiny note. If the Cowboys, Vikings and Chargers all win this weekend and the Patriots lose................the Patriots will pick 11th in the 2021 Draft.

I know as a 60 year Patriots fan, I want to see them win and stay at #14 where they are right now at 6-9. But the best draft draft position fan in me says that I hope they lose and the other three win. Even if BB traded the pick, the windfall could be huge. The value of that pick is only redeemable for a 1st, 2nd and 4th at worst. The further down a team is, the more that they will have to give up. If he moved down to the mid twenties, it would be a 1,2,3 and a 5th. The bigger option might be that Fields or Wilson will be available.

As we sit here right now, Mac Jones will be available for BB in Round 2. If Alabama wins the National Title, he'll probably move up past Justin Fields and possibly Trevor Lawrence. If he does move up that far, then the Bengals might be open to trade the #3 and the Patriots could possibly move up and take Fields.

Lots of interesting stuff going on.
I'm no expert, but we've been hearing Trevor Lawrence #1 for 3 years now. I don't see Mac Jones moving past him unless Lawrence breaks his neck.