• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots News

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree he left in less than an ideal way, but since when do break ups end perfectly? He gave 20 years and wanted something else...
Agreed he wanted a shot at another SB doesn't every NFL player want that?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now you are trying to tell me you read the play better than TB12? You determined that " To many times he "WOULD" not throw to a wide open receiver" You get to make that call over the greatest QB ever? You also have to realize some of these plays are predetermined pre snap non audible calls.

I think it's also very important to remember all the great plays he made, all the years he did so much more with so much less. Honestly you coming off like a bitter prick does not make TB the bad person it makes you the bad person.

I think saying it on the Howard Stern shows limits who is going to hear it. I don't know of any mature adults that listen to him. And again you don't know the reasoning behind the comment. You just want to be an argumentative douche who is slighted because he didn't get what he wanted.

TB leaving NE has nothing to do with NE, nothing to do with TB owing NE anything and you feeling as if it or he does just shows how little a person / fan you truly are.
No, never said I could read a play better than anyone.
I do realize that Josh was pissed at him and they had a very heated discussion on the sidelines when he didn't throw to Dorsett. The same Dorsett that had the highest reception percentage on the team. Brady froze him out because he didn't like him.
I'm not bitter. At all. I am grateful for everything he did while on the team that I root for. I am disappointed that I believed the hype that he was a genuinely good person because his actions later in his career showed he was not the person he was when he was an unheralded youngster trying to prove he had talent.
And your constant name calling and insulting as a bait tactic shows how immature you really are and how little your opinions matter.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The above is the official cap number for every NFL team in 2021.

This is worth looking at because the Patriots will have $72M to spend. Only the Jets ($84M and Jags $86M have more.

10 teams will have to cut players to get under and even more to pay their draft picks.

The Saints are in a place that's worse than cap hell. They will be $96+M over the cap and the Eagles will be $64+M over.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The above is the official cap number for every NFL team in 2021.

This is worth looking at because the Patriots will have $72M to spend. Only the Jets ($84M and Jags $86M have more.

10 teams will have to cut players to get under and even more to pay their draft picks.

The Saints are in a place that's worse than cap hell. They will be $96+M over the cap and the Eagles will be $64+M over.
cap is not set yet they need to adjust the cba to determine it so wont be done till next year after the SB

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another thing........................these are the top 51 salaries on a 60 man team. Dumping the bottom of the roster does absolutely nothing for a cap position only the top 51 count.

When the 2021 Season officially opens in March, there will be teams doing a lot of phone calls, probably the day after the Super Bowl is more realistic. Wonder is Sean Peyton will give up QB Taysom Hill ($16M) for a sixth round pick? Or WR Michael Thomas ($18.8M) for a fifth round pick?
Spending $35M would solve a big problem and BB would still have $37M in his pocket. Peyton would only have to cut another $61M. Brees would take care of half..........$36.5M

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cap is not set yet they need to adjust the cba to determine it so wont be done till next year after the SB
The cap has been set at the 2020 level. They decided not to make the huge reductions as anticipated and the NFLPA agreed to allow the league to do it and the 2022, 2023, 2024 will have a spread reduction with the hope that league revenues rebound and the reduction will be minimized. If revenues are near normal they may agree to keep 2020 in place until the revenues have caught up with 2020 losses. The leaague normally increases the cap between 12-20% every year. Even if they held the level at 2020 for four years, the cap will be managable for all teams after 2021.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do realize that Josh was pissed at him and they had a very heated discussion on the sidelines when he didn't throw to Dorsett. The same Dorsett that had the highest reception percentage on the team. Brady froze him out because he didn't like him.
I'm not bitter. At all. I am grateful for everything he did while on the team that I root for. I am disappointed that I believed the hype that he was a genuinely good person because his actions later in his career showed he was not the person he was when he was an unheralded youngster trying to prove he had talent.
And your constant name calling and insulting as a bait tactic shows how immature you really are and how little your opinions matter.
Good person all the time is not a trait of an ultra-competitive personality. Good person when the game is over... well maybe way over, seems like it. He seemed to genuinely have fun interacting with fans through social media games... and it seemed more than just branding.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another thing........................these are the top 51 salaries on a 60 man team. Dumping the bottom of the roster does absolutely nothing for a cap position only the top 51 count.

When the 2021 Season officially opens in March, there will be teams doing a lot of phone calls, probably the day after the Super Bowl is more realistic. Wonder is Sean Peyton will give up QB Taysom Hill ($16M) for a sixth round pick? Or WR Michael Thomas ($18.8M) for a fifth round pick?
Spending $35M would solve a big problem and BB would still have $37M in his pocket. Peyton would only have to cut another $61M. Brees would take care of half..........$36.5M
If they could figure out how to pay everyone the same split (total cap/51), then they could spend almost 20% over the cap without repercussion. The top end guys will screw up that concept... The bottom end guys would overwhelming agree to that split and you'd have the best bottom of the roster talent by far...

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good person all the time is not a trait of an ultra-competitive personality. Good person when the game is over... well maybe way over, seems like it. He seemed to genuinely have fun interacting with fans through social media games... and it seemed more than just branding.
Greatest QB that ever lived and one of the greatest sports figures Boston/Mass/New England has ever had to root for.
The only thing he messed up to keep him from scoring a perfect 10.0 was the dismount.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You saying Brady froze him out b/c he did not like him is simply your opinion, that's part of the point. There is nothing to support that. What name calling?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You saying Brady froze him out b/c he did not like him is simply your opinion, that's part of the point. There is nothing to support that. What name calling?
So your saying You are allowed opinions, Stephan A. is allowed opinions, but I am not allowed to have opinions?
There is evidence to support it.
He said it.
He argued with his OC about it on the sidelines.
Other people have formed the same opinion.

And when those opinions do not align with yours...

bitter bitches
a bitter prick
argumentative douche
how little a person / fan you truly are.

My bad, maybe you are right, maybe he really loved Dorsett, and because Dorsett had the highest catch percentage on the team, when he angrily admitted to Skippy McD that of course he fucking saw that Dorsett was wide open when he threw the ball away, it was because he didn't think he could throw the ball where Dorsett could catch it! Yeah! That's it! He threw the ball and game away because he didn't want to mess with Dorsett's catch stats! Those TD stats don't really matter anyway.

Now that's some love right there.

Thanks for letting me see the value of not ever forming an opinion of my own. Whew, I feel so much more enlightened now.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your saying You are allowed opinions, Stephan A. is allowed opinions, but I am not allowed to have opinions?
There is evidence to support it.
He said it.
He argued with his OC about it on the sidelines.
Other people have formed the same opinion.

And when those opinions do not align with yours...

bitter bitches
a bitter prick
argumentative douche
how little a person / fan you truly are.

My bad, maybe you are right, maybe he really loved Dorsett, and because Dorsett had the highest catch percentage on the team, when he angrily admitted to Skippy McD that of course he fucking saw that Dorsett was wide open when he threw the ball away, it was because he didn't think he could throw the ball where Dorsett could catch it! Yeah! That's it! He threw the ball and game away because he didn't want to mess with Dorsett's catch stats! Those TD stats don't really matter anyway.

Now that's some love right there.

Thanks for letting me see the value of not ever forming an opinion of my own. Whew, I feel so much more enlightened now.
Where did i say or even imply you were not allowed an opinion? No one on this board has any idea what was said on the sideline that's simply someone grabbing on to something they think supports their arguments. The point of the post is to show many people think it was more BB not willing to pay Tom than it was Tom wanting to leave,. In the end IMO and the opinion of others it was BB that drove Brady out more than Brady wanting to leave. And again who can really blame him, he lived up to the terms of his agreed to contract, was the greatest attribute in the history of the franchise, re-worked deals on multiple occasions for the benefit of the team, and now you and others are bitter because he left? So yeah " Bitter Bitches, Bitter Prick, Argumentative Douche" isn't name calling, it's calling it like I see it.

I love how you are taking the one isolated play with Dorsett and associating it to the demise of his relationship with the Pats. Kind of funny! And when that happened and I vividly remember that it appeared to me Tom was more pissed at himself than he was anyone else. And if as you say Dorsett had the highest catch % it can also be said that must be true because the ball was being thrown his way.

I still boggles the mind how anyone can be upset with Brady when he lived up to all the expectations of his deal and chose to go elsewhere,. If you don't see that as being a bitter bitch then yes you needed to be enlightened

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the one that saw the article where Brady agreed that he "Froze out Dorsett, Meyers and Harry". I've looked everywhere to try to copy the URL or the article and I can't figure out where I read it. I do remember reading it and then posting it in here. I accept all responsibility for the initial post where I repeated the article and wrote that Brady was freezing out receivers. I also remember that it was during the active 2019 season that the article was written. The author stated that he spoken privately with Brady and that Brady did not like Dorsett and was very disappointed in N'Keal Harry's work ethic and lack of intensity.

Brady has always had favorites just as each of us do. When you have people that you work well with or have exceptional ability and they make you look good or feel good about yourself, you have a tendency to work closer with them. In 2019, Brady had JE11 as his only close working target and when he got hurt, TB's attitude was such that he had difficulty making adjustments. It's natural and not something that is fully in one's concious. When JE came back, Brady looked for him more often and admitted that he trusted JE in all circumstances and sometimes made bad throws. He never admitted to ignoring other receivers, but alluded to it after the fact.

If TB was unhappy with the receivers, then he had to blame someone other than himself. None of us take the blame if we think that we're doing our job to the best of our ability. If you think that your boss isn't giving you every thing that you need to do your job, you naturally will blame him. The problem was that things started to unravel in 2019 and BB was grasping at straws. he made a bad trade for Mohamed Sanu. Sanu could not grasp the offense and was lost and BB couldn't know that when he made the deal and wasted a second round pick. Then he picked up Antonio Brown who was exceptional but a had outside issues and a history of being a jerk. The league started moving and he was out of football until 2020. People forget the other receivers that BB went after, attempting to keep TB happy. Josh Gordon could stay straight. He brought guys who couldn't make it through camp like Marvin Harrison.

Personally, I think that TB and BB were at the ends of their ropes. BB had done what he could to provide TB with anything and everything he could afford. Tom was sick of taking discounts and trying to make do with less than quality receivers. Th split was inevitable but no one was privy to just how ugly it may have been and a lot of you will be alive when the final chapters are written . I doubt that I will be amongst you.

So we fast forward to today and we all have our personal feelings and beliefs about what happened and what is happening. TB is in Tampa Bay and they are trying to provide him with everything he asks for. He got Gronk, and AB and Fournett. About the only things that he hasn't been able to acquire are JE11 and James White. TB's biggest desire is to win a ring without BB's shadow. Personally, I don't think that the Bucs will make it to the game. I don't believe that they can beat the Saints or the Packers. BB on the other hand, is attempting to resurrect the patriots into another championship team without TB's name attached. The first year has been a disaster. Now he will get to show everyone just how good he is at rebuilding a broken toy and making it look and work like a new one.

No matter how any of us feel or what we think, we don't have 100% of the information or 100% of the truth. Like that old saying, "Don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining." Without all of the facts, we're expressing our emotions and we're all probably wrong.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you read and other read an article that no one can present. How mysterious!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you read and other read an article that no one can present. How mysterious!
Reb, I'm not going to get into a pissing contest. Apparently you are about to start your period and have PMS.

I accept full responsibility for the original "Freeze" post. I also accept full responsibility for not being able to locate it.

You can call me a liar if that makes you feel better about your undying love for Tom Brady. I know that it was not something I pulled out of thin air but came from a source and historically, I've given credit to the source whether it be a newspaper, magazine, online , radio or television.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just USE YOUR OWN EYES!!! If you couldn't see that Brady was "icing" out players you are blind!

it was known that Brady was not happy with his WR core and didn't want to throw to them because he didn't trust they would either run the right route or even catch the ball. There would be games where Harry, Byrd, Meyers, whoever would get one ball thrown to them and they'd drop it or run the wrong route and TB would be extremely upset at them and clearly yell at them... Then said player wouldn't get a ball thrown to them the rest of the game... You can't tell me it was because they were covered the rest of the game... No freaking way

I get it, TB is loved and you love him, rightfully so as we should but to sit there and say/think he didn't "ice out" wrs or players in general is nuts! Does that mean we hate Brady? Of course not but it doesn't mean we can't be a fan and still criticize him

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ask this as well -

"Did we ever see Brady walking over to the sidelines and sitting/standing with a WR other than Edelman after said player ran the wrong route or dropped a pass? Yes I know we don't have cameras everywhere but anytime the camera was on brady on the sidelines he wasn't with anyone other than BB,Mcdaniels/Gronk or Edelman...

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reb, I'm not going to get into a pissing contest. Apparently you are about to start your period and have PMS.

I accept full responsibility for the original "Freeze" post. I also accept full responsibility for not being able to locate it.

You can call me a liar if that makes you feel better about your undying love for Tom Brady. I know that it was not something I pulled out of thin air but came from a source and historically, I've given credit to the source whether it be a newspaper, magazine, online , radio or television.
Nowhere did I call you a liar so please don't get a knot in your New Year's Diaper. I simply stated it's a bit of a mystery. And when you first mentioned I asked because to often on this board and the media as a whole excerpts on a full article or comment are made to try and make a point.

My argument from the outset was the TB12 is infamous for quotes like "Whose your favorite receiver? The Open One" And he's been that way his whole career. QBs league wide are known for limiting attempts to targets they are not comfortable with. I posted where the stats from last year weren't that far off the mark from recent other years. I mentioned how the organization gave him a shit show for WR s last year and it was widely known they would do nothing to make it better this year. I posted opinions that BBs low ball tactics are in part why he left. I mentioned that he is a competitor and knew full well he could not endure another rebuild so he left for a chance to win one two more SBs.

I did this is support of a theory that it's asinine to be pissy at Brady because he left. He lived out his contract, knew this team was gonna suck he has all rights to leave this team. And that is what started all this. If people think he was pissy for one year and are willing to forgo all other years and choose to cut off their nose to spite their face then in all honesty fuck em, who needs douchebag fair weather fans?