• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots News

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots resigned QB Brian Hoyer on Monday.

Mike Reiss said that this is competition for the 3rd QB spot. According to him, Cam and Mac are locks.

I told you that Stidham will be back to haunt the Patriots for years. Mark my words, he'll be another Phillip Rivers.

As an aside.........................Flip Cam and he's Mac. Flip Mac and he's Cam. I don't believe in hocuspocus, but I really hate this 'anastrophe'.
I think signing Hoyer was stupid.

I guess we'll never no about Stidham his path sure seems odd to me.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that probably means they really have no confidence in Stidham. Either that or they think he will be a better teacher to Mac as compared to Stidham and Cam
If he's smart he'll demand to be cut immediately and get the hell out of Foxboro. He'll get a fair chance to show his stuff in New Orleans or Houston if he gets away. He will not get a fair shot with this organization.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Stidham leaves I hope he goes somewhere, becomes a starter and toasts BB and the Pats for 42 points

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible pieces moving as part a post 1 June trade?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots resigned QB Brian Hoyer on Monday.

Mike Reiss said that this is competition for the 3rd QB spot. According to him, Cam and Mac are locks.

I told you that Stidham will be back to haunt the Patriots for years. Mark my words, he'll be another Phillip Rivers.

As an aside.........................Flip Cam and he's Mac. Flip Mac and he's Cam. I don't believe in hocuspocus, but I really hate this 'anastrophe'.

No comprende senor....wtf does this mean?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw some film this morning of Mac jones at the Rookie OTAs. Someone has been in the gym. He's gone from an 'H' body to a 'V'. If I had to guess, he's lost about 15 lbs and all of it came off his belly. Watching him for the 20 or seconds and the still photos have impressed me. It took Brady more than a year to get rid of his Michigan body that we've seen a thousand times and Mac looks like he's been working to get into NFL Football shape. I'm impressed to say the least.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this??????

Cam signed a Thirteen million dollar contract with the majority of it incentives. He's getting $2M until June 1 when he gets another $3M. If he's n the roster when the season starts he gets $3M more. He gets a bobus for games played and other stuff.

What if there are four quarterbacks until September and then there are three??? The three QBs on the roster are Mac Jones, Jarrett Stidham and Brian Hoyer. Patriots save a potential $8M and have the best Monday through Saturday QB in the league to be the opposing QB that the team will face each Sunday, Monday or Thursday. They also have an experienced QB who can answer questions and be guide as to how things work.

#1 will be Mac Jones and his back up will be Stidham. The Patriots will have two young QBs for the present and the future and they'll have money to spend if they need it.

Just seems to make the most sense.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we couldn't possibly know that now, could we?
If he goes to another team and excels we'll know he was good all along. If he goes to another team and gets cut we'll know he sucked all along. We don't know anything right now. Wasn't that the point of your post stating you hope he gives BB a smack down? or is it that you just have a Stid-crush?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw some film this morning of Mac jones at the Rookie OTAs. Someone has been in the gym. He's gone from an 'H' body to a 'V'. If I had to guess, he's lost about 15 lbs and all of it came off his belly. Watching him for the 20 or seconds and the still photos have impressed me. It took Brady more than a year to get rid of his Michigan body that we've seen a thousand times and Mac looks like he's been working to get into NFL Football shape. I'm impressed to say the least.
Well in Bama they tend to fry all their seafood in New England we tend to Broil it

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he goes to another team and excels we'll know he was good all along. If he goes to another team and gets cut we'll know he sucked all along. We don't know anything right now. Wasn't that the point of your post stating you hope he gives BB a smack down? or is it that you just have a Stid-crush?
My point we don't know now because BB is to much of a narcissistic prick to admit he fucked up and rather than admit that he stuck with that POS Cam all year. BB already looked bad because TB12 left, looked worse when he brought in Camella and went that went to shit could still not say, hey I made a bad call. Right now it feels more about BBs ego than it does Stidham skill set.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam and Mac are locks. Stidham show's or walks.
Hoyer should be attending camp, practicing, teaching all 3 other QB's, and potentially backing up if someone is hurt or doesn't cut it.
If all goes well, Hoyer should get out at 53 man roster but have a full camp and preseason to come bak if needed.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this??????

Cam signed a Thirteen million dollar contract with the majority of it incentives. He's getting $2M until June 1 when he gets another $3M. If he's n the roster when the season starts he gets $3M more. He gets a bobus for games played and other stuff.

What if there are four quarterbacks until September and then there are three??? The three QBs on the roster are Mac Jones, Jarrett Stidham and Brian Hoyer. Patriots save a potential $8M and have the best Monday through Saturday QB in the league to be the opposing QB that the team will face each Sunday, Monday or Thursday. They also have an experienced QB who can answer questions and be guide as to how things work.

#1 will be Mac Jones and his back up will be Stidham. The Patriots will have two young QBs for the present and the future and they'll have money to spend if they need it.

Just seems to make the most sense.
I have no issues letting Camella walk. Not sure Jones would get the nod over anybody else.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam and Mac are locks. Stidham show's or walks.
Hoyer should be attending camp, practicing, teaching all 3 other QB's, and potentially backing up if someone is hurt or doesn't cut it.
If all goes well, Hoyer should get out at 53 man roster but have a full camp and preseason to come bak if needed.....
Why would Camella be a lock? What did he show us last year that would make him a lock? What he's a great locker room guy? Well shit let's just bring Tebow back then.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Camella be a lock? What did he show us last year that would make him a lock? What he's a great locker room guy? Well shit let's just bring Tebow back then.
Cam has excuses for last year. Not so much by me but the team seems to think he can be better
Stid, we know little about. Camp and preseason and practice with Giants should tell us more.
Jones is not likely ready. Camp and preseason and practice with Giants should tell us more.
Hoyer is what he is.
Looking at our other 3 QB's will tell you that Cam is unlikely to be cut - even if another QB knocks him out of starting position.......

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point we don't know now because BB is to much of a narcissistic prick to admit he fucked up and rather than admit that he stuck with that POS Cam all year. BB already looked bad because TB12 left, looked worse when he brought in Camella and went that went to shit could still not say, hey I made a bad call. Right now it feels more about BBs ego than it does Stidham skill set.
We know BB is a prick - check
We know BB is a control hound - check
We know BB is a narcissist - uncheck though we see what looks like narcissism, maybe he just doesn't share his reasons
We know Stid is being screwed - uncheck we don't have enough information...

I'm not saying you are wrong. The word you missed here is PARANOID and BB's actions may be more about keeping secrets over paranoia instead of be secretive because the goddamn narcissist wants to be unaccountable.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Phillip Rivers is 3 - 4 in the playoff's and to the best of my memory has never won a truly meaningful game. He's 1 - 7 against the Patriots.

Not very haunting statistics.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam has excuses for last year. Not so much by me but the team seems to think he can be better
Stid, we know little about. Camp and preseason and practice with Giants should tell us more.
Jones is not likely ready. Camp and preseason and practice with Giants should tell us more.
Hoyer is what he is.
Looking at our other 3 QB's will tell you that Cam is unlikely to be cut - even if another QB knocks him out of starting position.......
I don't agree 100%. Yes Cam had excuses for last year but he was flat our horrible. And a lot of it was crappy decision making. I honestly have to question if Camella has the gray matter to run this offense. His success in Carolina was based on his ability to be mobile, that is not our system.

Jones get a nod because he we just drafted at 15 no way BB let's him walk. I said all along he is the most NFL ready QB that does not mean he is ready for the NFL. I think it's in the Pats best interest to hand him a clipboard for a year.

Hoyer has the gray matter and can run this offense I feel in the end he may be the odd man out. Perhaps BB wants to run two sets of scrimmage in camps so a 4th QB was needed. He may be nothing more that camp competition but I would take him over Camella.

Stidham is an absolute unknown and I feel for the reasons I stated. He may suck, he may be a bad pick but we just don't know. He has the smarts, is not a high cap hit, it's been reported he's done a lot of off season work, I would really like to see what he can do.

If we keep three: Jones, Stidham and Camella would be my guess.

If we keep two; I would hope for Stidham and Jones.