• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots News

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I do not see any high quality WRs on the roster. Meyers is a fan fave but hardly a great WR, Bourne is unproven and more a ST guy, Agholor had a nice season but again not a top tier WR in the NFL. Harry has bust written on him, if he can't prove his worth this year then I suspect the Pats are done with him.

We still lack a true #1
Meyers is still unproven thanks to TB not wanting to ?throw to him. But the kid catches everything thrown his way. No idea how good of a season who could've had last year had Cam not been throwing grounders to him and the other receivers.

I like having a bunch of mid tier guys. Difficult for a D to scheme against. Besides that's been a Pat thing. Few superstars just a bunch of guys doing their job.

Hopefully, Stid or Jones shows us just how effective this group, along with the TEs and RBs can be.

With the D we have on paper, I see a lot of opportunities.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they could get J. Jones for a 5th Round pick, and extending his contract with a big signing bonus spread out over the extensions would be a plus.. Right now he's about a $17M a year hit. That's way too rich. The harder I look, the less I like his baggage.

Two guys That I'd bring in and make them compete for a spot would be Golden Tate and Alshon Jeffries. Give them each a one year deal and make them compete hard for a spot on the roster. If it's between them and a rookie or a low level guy then just say farewell and keep the money.

I don't want to trade anybody for Jones' contract.

Julio Jones signed a 3 year, $66,000,000 contract with the Atlanta Falcons, including a $25,000,000 signing bonus, $64,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $22,000,000. In 2021, Jones will earn a base salary of $15,300,000, while carrying a cap hit of $23,050,000 and a dead cap value of $40,550,000.
CONTRACT TERMS:3 yr(s) / $66,000,000SIGNING BONUS$25,000,000AVERAGE SALARY$22,000,000GTD AT SIGN:$64,000,000TOTAL GTD:$64,000,000

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I do not see any high quality WRs on the roster. Meyers is a fan fave but hardly a great WR, Bourne is unproven and more a ST guy, Agholor had a nice season but again not a top tier WR in the NFL. Harry has bust written on him, if he can't prove his worth this year then I suspect the Pats are done with him.

We still lack a true #1
On any other team...
Nelson Agholor - #2,
Jakobi Meyers - #3 ? growth to a #2 possible
Kendrick Bourne - #2
N’Keal Harry - #2 given draft position and playing time and circumstances, but maybe a #3.

Any body disagree? Harry is probable actually a #3 with possible growth to #2?

So a WR of 2's possible, but closer to a couple 2's and a couple 3's.
No one that strikes fear in opposing DB's.
We need a true #1 and another that could step into the #1 if injury or game plan dictates.
2007 style WR corps would be nice, but I agree with YR, don't waste another dime or draft position until we know we have a QB that can use them.

On the positive side, we also have two really decent pass catching TE's.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On any other team...
Nelson Agholor - #2,
Jakobi Meyers - #3 ? growth to a #2 possible
Kendrick Bourne - #2
N’Keal Harry - #2 given draft position and playing time and circumstances, but maybe a #3.

Any body disagree? Harry is probable actually a #3 with possible growth to #2?

So a WR of 2's possible, but closer to a couple 2's and a couple 3's.
No one that strikes fear in opposing DB's.
We need a true #1 and another that could step into the #1 if injury or game plan dictates.
2007 style WR corps would be nice, but I agree with YR, don't waste another dime or draft position until we know we have a QB that can use them.

On the positive side, we also have two really decent pass catching TE's.
Mostly agree but Harry is a #3 that will probably grow to a #5

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolphins signed DB Jason McCourty, formerly of the Patriots, to a one-year contract.​

McCourty played for Dolphins coach Brian Flores in 2018. Going on 34, McCourty had a down 2020 along with the rest of the Patriots' opt-out ravaged defense, but he can play all over the secondary. That includes outside, the slot, and perhaps safety. His addition comes the same day the Dolphins waived S Bobby McCain. Regardless of where he plays, McCourty will enhance what is already one of the league's better groups of defensive backs, provided 2020 wasn't the start of his age cliff. It would not be surprising with a mid-30s DB.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comments are being made about nearly player drafted and where the draft has changed some teams. Other comment on how the power rankings have changed and where they expect certain teams to be in 2021.

A comment was made by one of the the New York media guys and it's picking up some steam. "The Patriots may have one of the slowest teams in the NFL.. The discussions have started and of course the local guys are defending everything but the WRs. There's no question that the Patriots don't have burners, but then again, they've never really had burners at WR. Moss was fast but nt a burner. Bethel Johnson was an elite burner but couldn't catch the ball. The n came a comment from New Orleans and the guys said, "How fast do you want to run into a stone wall?" Following that, "The Patriots will be the 'bullies' of the NFL in 2021. Bill Belichick's defense will beat teams into submission and his offense will force teams to tackle for sixty minutes."

I've been watching the NFL Network's Replays today and their all Patriots games from 2010. Minnesota, Indy nd Detroit. Aaron Hernandez's rookie year along with Gronk. Gronk was the sixth OL while Hernandez was big and fast. I look at them and wonder if Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry will be anything like that with the Patriots? No question that the Patriots have the OL and the RB to just beat the hell out of the front seven of a defense and wear them out especially if they don't have good tacklers.

As far as the defense is concerned, most of these guys are pretty young and pretty nimble. Considering that the biggest fault with the team in 2020 was the offense, I think that the defense might actually be improved with the mix of veterans and the newer guys who got a ton of playing time last year. This defense could be the head of the spear. Like the old saying goes..."Defense win Championships."

Back to the gams.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comments are being made about nearly player drafted and where the draft has changed some teams. Other comment on how the power rankings have changed and where they expect certain teams to be in 2021.

A comment was made by one of the the New York media guys and it's picking up some steam. "The Patriots may have one of the slowest teams in the NFL.. The discussions have started and of course the local guys are defending everything but the WRs. There's no question that the Patriots don't have burners, but then again, they've never really had burners at WR. Moss was fast but nt a burner. Bethel Johnson was an elite burner but couldn't catch the ball. The n came a comment from New Orleans and the guys said, "How fast do you want to run into a stone wall?" Following that, "The Patriots will be the 'bullies' of the NFL in 2021. Bill Belichick's defense will beat teams into submission and his offense will force teams to tackle for sixty minutes."

I've been watching the NFL Network's Replays today and their all Patriots games from 2010. Minnesota, Indy nd Detroit. Aaron Hernandez's rookie year along with Gronk. Gronk was the sixth OL while Hernandez was big and fast. I look at them and wonder if Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry will be anything like that with the Patriots? No question that the Patriots have the OL and the RB to just beat the hell out of the front seven of a defense and wear them out especially if they don't have good tacklers.

As far as the defense is concerned, most of these guys are pretty young and pretty nimble. Considering that the biggest fault with the team in 2020 was the offense, I think that the defense might actually be improved with the mix of veterans and the newer guys who got a ton of playing time last year. This defense could be the head of the spear. Like the old saying goes..."Defense win Championships."

Back to the gams.
Dante Stallworth was acquired to be a deep threat burner in 2007.
4.22 - 40 is a burner.

Then Moss Became available.
4.25 - 40 is still a burner.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A comment was made by one of the the New York media guys and it's picking up some steam. "The Patriots may have one of the slowest teams in the NFL..
Never forget that most sports reporting comes out of New York.
Expecting Patriots getting good comments is like expecting rave reviews for your barbecue at a vegan festival!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never forget that most sports reporting comes out of New York.
Expecting Patriots getting good comments is like expecting rave reviews for your barbecue at a vegan festival!
I really hope the Yets do really well game 1, just so we can appreciate the yets fans celebrating their upcoming super bowl win.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are being 'leaked' that BB has been assigning tasks to people that he has has done himself for the past twenty years. One scout spoke about being allowed to have input in the War Room and having that input discussed openly and BB accepting a group conclusion and not listening and then walking in the opposite direction.

Matt Patricia has re=organized the entire scouting department and several other areas that affect personnel. He's basically the Vice President of Football Personnel. He and BB are re-organizing the coaching staff.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Camp bodies only. Doubt we ever see Ferentz on a NE active roster again. Bill has plenty of depth already.

Things would really need to get bad before Ferentz is snapping again. But BB leaves no stone unturned.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots resigned QB Brian Hoyer on Monday.

Mike Reiss said that this is competition for the 3rd QB spot. According to him, Cam and Mac are locks.

I told you that Stidham will be back to haunt the Patriots for years. Mark my words, he'll be another Phillip Rivers.

As an aside.........................Flip Cam and he's Mac. Flip Mac and he's Cam. I don't believe in hocuspocus, but I really hate this 'anastrophe'.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots resigned QB Brian Hoyer on Monday.

Mike Reiss said that this is competition for the 3rd QB spot. According to him, Cam and Mac are locks.

I told you that Stidham will be back to haunt the Patriots for years. Mark my words, he'll be another Phillip Rivers.

As an aside.........................Flip Cam and he's Mac. Flip Mac and he's Cam. I don't believe in hocuspocus, but I really hate this 'anastrophe'.

So that probably means they really have no confidence in Stidham. Either that or they think he will be a better teacher to Mac as compared to Stidham and Cam