• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots News

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted that Jules would be the next Welker, thank you!
I also said he had better hands, thank you.
Now maybe I got lucky but I was watching Jules play when I made that prediction. ......
I'm wacthing Gunner play too. I'm not seeing it.
He was part of the group of receivers "who couldn't get seperation.
Nobody could cover Edelman!
So did I, and we both were blind squirrels who found our acorns. Edelman in 2010 was not getting the same separation as he did in 2016.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to NESN, the Patriots have opted out of OTAs. A number of players do not want to chance being exposed to Covid.
I'm going to start a new thread.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does JC fall as one of the guys that helps "improve" the Pats draft results? Is he 1st or 2nd round caliber.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does JC fall as one of the guys that helps "improve" the Pats draft results? Is he 1st or 2nd round caliber.
He signed a second round tender offer, so I will defer to Bill that he is a second round caliber?

He improves our draft results because we do not need to look at a CB in the second round?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He improves our draft results because we do not need to look at a CB in the second round?
I think it all depends on what happens with Gilmore.

In my opinion, BB should make a fair effort to resign Gilmore. Once that's done, then try to get JC to sign an extension and give him a signing bonus to bump his present pay to sweeten the pot. Then concentrate on finding a safety to take over for McCourty when he retires next year.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He signed a second round tender offer, so I will defer to Bill that he is a second round caliber?

He improves the draft results of 2018 because he is perceived as a round 1 or 2 haul that year instead a just a draft miss for selecting Sony Michel. Even if Michel improves he'll never earn the value he was selected at, however JC Jackson might well be a 1st round talent.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He improves the draft results of 2018 because he is perceived as a round 1 or 2 haul that year instead a just a draft miss for selecting Sony Michel. Even if Michel improves he'll never earn the value he was selected at, however JC Jackson might well be a 1st round talent.
Yes, he was projected early on to be at least a second round pick but fell because of character issues.
I will have to google it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Acquitted on all charges means he was not guilty. "no" character concerns.

I did not read because I personally have been charged and was innocent. Don't want people trashing my character.
Copy that.
I was looking for an article from a couple/few years ago that said that he was considered a 1st or 2nd round talent but fell because of the charges.
Got tired of looking so I posted that one.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it all depends on what happens with Gilmore.

In my opinion, BB should make a fair effort to resign Gilmore. Once that's done, then try to get JC to sign an extension and give him a signing bonus to bump his present pay to sweeten the pot. Then concentrate on finding a safety to take over for McCourty when he retires next year.
It is wheelin' and dealin' time. Clubs will be asking about Gilmore and Jackson.

Either could be had for a 10 and we'd give up our 15()and more) Just as an example.

We could extend either but why would we do that now? Draft time is dealing time.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woodard has been waived.
Deep on the depth chart, they're giving him an opportunity to try to make another team.
It was going to be difficult for him to make our team. Mercy cut.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only Pro=Day that Bill Belichick attended this year was Alabama's. That led to speculation that Bb was interested in QB Mac Jones. Dave Zeigler has been to nearly every pro-day across the country along with Eliot Wolfe. Oddly, Zeigler and Wolfe have been standing alongsidr John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan at almost every Pro-Day. Comparing notes?? Talking strategy??

Zig and Wolfe were taking copious notes at Trey Lance's 2nd Pro-Day and guess who else was in attendance? Yep, John Lynch. After the showcase was complete, Zig and Lynch were seen talking away from everyone and about twenty feet away, there appeared to be a wall of people to keep nosey media types away from them. It lasted about ten minutes and then a handshake and everyone left the field.

The two men speaking by themselves away from others only creates rumors and misinformation, especially a week before the NFL draft. Immediately, the Boston media has tried like hell to make more of it than anyone actually knows. Because they they have no information, you can expect to hear that JG is coming to the Patriots if the 49ers get their choice at #3. The Lynch/Shanahan tandem has been to every QB Pro-Day because they are in a position where they could swing hard and miss or hit a foul ball.

Some things to know. BB always attends the Alabama Pro-Day. Nick Saban is a long time and very close friend of Bill's and it's one of a few times that they can look at different Tide players and discuss them while watching them. BB rarely, if ever attends other pro days because he's generlly at the combine and can talk with as many potential draft picks as he can sit with. 2021 is different and no one knows what's going on in Foxboro. That's a fact. Anything being reported is pure speculation by the person speaking. Gillette has been completely shut down to outsiders.

So what does all of the mysterious stuff mean............?? N-O-T-H-I-N-G !!!!!! No one from the Boston media was at Fargo or Columbus or Tuscaloosa or Jacksonville. They certainly haven't been given anything more than they got at BB's press conference last week.

Because of the cost of trading up and the inherent risk of doing that, expect bb to trade out of 15 and pick up an extra second round or third round pick. remember two names.......................Mills Davis and Kyle Trask.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oddly, Zeigler and Wolfe have been standing alongsidr John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan at almost every Pro-Day.

Who's Oddly and why is he with Zeigler and Wolfe?
What's his role with the organization?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's Oddly and why is he with Zeigler and Wolfe?
What's his role with the organization?
Adding to this... If Zeigler is "Zig", is either Oddly or Wolfe the other guy "Zag", the two of which are always mentioned when discussing BB?