• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots News

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever wondered why all these evaluators work for someone other than a real football franchise? If these guys were one quarter as good and they think they are, they'd be doing evaluations for a team. When i read some of these guys, I can actually sense the bias that they have against certain players and the same for guys they like.

I watched a short film the other night showing or comparing , if you will, Bridgewater and Newton. Teddy always seems to have a grasp on where he is and what he wants to do. Cam has those moments where he seems to hesitate and sort of catch up. The film showed their best and worst passes and Cam really didn't have any passes that one could consider above average. Teddy had a couple, but nothing spectacular. They both had some some bad throws but Cam.s are the kind that make you grind your teeth because you know a high school QB would have completed it.

Again, if you don't like Teddy, you can find many faults. Cam has equally as many that you can overlook if you like his style of play. I have a problem with Cam's brain. There are times where it just hasn't worked correctly. two that really stick out are the final run against Seattle when he had 8 to 10 yards of open field if he takes one more step to his left. Instead he lowers his shoulder and trips over two guys prone on the ground. he falls a yard short. The second is the final run against the Bills instead of a quick pass to either Harry or Byrd, who was wide open and uncovered. That mental illness is doomsday. Again, that's my opinion . I swear I will not watch this team this year if Cam is under center. I'd rather have Hoyer back.
Maybe...which of course also means maybe not...he will be better.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem some people seem to be having with Patriots search for a QB this year"
They look at this need like there are franchise QB's laying around all over the place!
They bounce from "solution" to "solution" like a ping pong ball in a room full of mosetraps!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw and heard some very interesting information early this morning.

Outta nowhere. Doug Flutie commented on Cam Newton and said that he believes that Cam had problems that were never allowed to be discussed. He said that Cam "Did not look right at all in 2020." Flutie says that with a full camp, new receivers and a positive attitude and health, Cam will take the patriots deep into the playoffs.

Followed by an interview with Tom House. He worked with Cam after his shoulder injury and then said, that Cam had a serious foot problem through the entire 2020 season. House said that he never threw one pass correctly. Apparently House has seen Cam and either watched or worked with him. House said that the foot is healed and Cam is able to plant and throw. House stated, "I think that Cam will return to his 2018 form where he was under serious consideration for MVP until he tore his shoulder. 2020 was not Cam Newton."

House is certainly more qualified to give an opinion than I am. I wonder if Cam was working with House quietly and behind a huge tree?

If House isn't pulling my leg, then I'll be first to apologize to Cam and retract all of my vile comments.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I still feel he trades out or take best D player of need.
I see some really good slot candidates in middle rounds......
Elijah Moore

Shi Smith

Demetric Felton

DWayne Eskridge

Amaro Rodgers
(my pick) You can probably get him with a 5th or even later.....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see some really good slot candidates in middle rounds......
Elijah Moore

Shi Smith

Demetric Felton

DWayne Eskridge

Amaro Rodgers
(my pick) You can probably get him with a 5th or even later.....

I'll add Rondale Moore.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add Rondale Moore.
Rondale Moore is a top 10 WR prospect so out of context with my post. I think he will slide because of concerns with durability.
I don't picture Rondale out of the slot. I think he lacks the toughness to replace Julian.
I recognize most will but that is where this started as a replacement for Julian.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondale Moore is a top 10 WR prospect so out of context with my post. I think he will slide because of concerns with durability.
I don't picture Rondale out of the slot. I think he lacks the toughness to replace Julian.
I recognize most will but that is where this started as a replacement for Julian.....
If toughness was the key to Jules then Gunner is the logical heir.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 WR, but not a top 10 pick.

I still think he will be a later round pick. But, maybe mid round.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The slot receiver was created by Troy Brown and Tom Brady, It was further designed and used by Wes Welker and Tom Brady. It was perfected by Julian Edelman and Tom Brady. The slot was Tom Brady's safety valve and the NFL has tried to adapt it as a position.

The problem for the Patriots is that Can Newton doesn't have the mindset to utilize the position correctly. If he's back under center in 2021, the slot, James White and Nelson Agholar will all be misused or not used at all.

Cam is "read or run". If he doesn't "see" an open receiver, he's running the ball, I keep watching the games that I DVR'd last year trying to find anything about his game that I truly can say that I like. I just started re-watching the game against San Diego. Opening drive was pretty much all Harris both run and short pass up to the first and goal at the 5. At that point, it was Cam stepping out of bounds at the one and then almost losing the ball stretching over the goal line. It's 7-0 Patriots at the end of the first when I shut it down before going to bed last night.2. Cam likes to see Cam score and then flip the ball at the television camera, on the replay.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The slot receiver was created by Troy Brown and Tom Brady, It was further designed and used by Wes Welker and Tom Brady. It was perfected by Julian Edelman and Tom Brady. The slot was Tom Brady's safety valve and the NFL has tried to adapt it as a position.

The problem for the Patriots is that Can Newton doesn't have the mindset to utilize the position correctly. If he's back under center in 2021, the slot, James White and Nelson Agholar will all be misused or not used at all.

Cam is "read or run". If he doesn't "see" an open receiver, he's running the ball, I keep watching the games that I DVR'd last year trying to find anything about his game that I truly can say that I like. I just started re-watching the game against San Diego. Opening drive was pretty much all Harris both run and short pass up to the first and goal at the 5. At that point, it was Cam stepping out of bounds at the one and then almost losing the ball stretching over the goal line. It's 7-0 Patriots at the end of the first when I shut it down before going to bed last night.2. Cam likes to see Cam score and then flip the ball at the television camera, on the replay.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman had 44 receptions in his 1st 2 seasons
That was playing behind Wesley Welker

Gunner has 8 catches in his 1st 2 seasons playing behin N'Keal Harry
But comparing the guy throwing to them is like comparing apples to hot dogs... One is food, the other tastes like food.

in 2019 Brady didn't throw the ball to anyone he didn't choose. And Cam could barely complete those phony jet sweep passes, never mind beyond the LOS. He did have that great catch and run from Stid, but clearly that doesn't do much more than offer a sniff of promise.

I'm not going as far as predicting Gunner to be the next Jules. It was also foolish to predict Jules would be the next Welker, though he did become that.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going as far as predicting Gunner to be the next Jules. It was also foolish to predict Jules would be the next Welker, though he did become that.
I predicted that Jules would be the next Welker, thank you!
I also said he had better hands, thank you.
Now maybe I got lucky but I was watching Jules play when I made that prediction. ......
I'm wacthing Gunner play too. I'm not seeing it.
He was part of the group of receivers "who couldn't get seperation.
Nobody could cover Edelman!