• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots News

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every once in a while, even Bobby Fischer would lose a pawn or two.
But Bobby Fisher never made deals getting him extra pawns before a match... BB swings and misses on a lot of draft picks for the same reason a dog licks his balls... Because he can!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it was Pre Season but someone please tell me how Camella has a better more accurate arm the Stidham

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it was Pre Season but someone please tell me how Camella has a better more accurate arm the Stidham

This is easy... Tie down Stids arm so he has only half his range of motion.... that will give them about even accuracy. Tie Stid's arm just a little further back and Cam will have greater accuracy.

or did I misunderstand the question?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Reiss says that the Patriots may be one of teams in play for Teddy Bridgewater. Carolina gave him permission to contact as many teams as he wants to begin trade talks.

"RUMORS" are the Pats, Saints, Broncos, Bears are all in the mix.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tom Curran reported that the P atriots told John Lynch that they are not interested in JG for a first round draft pick. The Sam Darnold trade to Carolina might have dropped the value on JG league wide.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Reiss says that the Patriots may be one of teams in play for Teddy Bridgewater. Carolina gave him permission to contact as many teams as he wants to begin trade talks.

"RUMORS" are the Pats, Saints, Broncos, Bears are all in the mix.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tom Curran reported that the P atriots told John Lynch that they are not interested in JG for a first round draft pick. The Sam Darnold trade to Carolina might have dropped the value on JG league wide.
I can't get an honest pulse on Bridgewater not sure TB would be a legit replacement for TB.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't get an honest pulse on Bridgewater not sure TB would be a legit replacement for TB.

I agree. Not even sure he's even an upgrade over Cam. No idea actually.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Not even sure he's even an upgrade over Cam. No idea actually.
He had 15 TD passes and 5 Rushing TDs in 2020. For a guy who nearly lost his leg, he's still mobile and much more accurate. Much more accurate than Cam and he has the arm to throw downfield. I think he'd be an upgrade as far as the passing game is concerned.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had 15 TD passes and 5 Rushing TDs in 2020. For a guy who nearly lost his leg, he's still mobile and much more accurate. Much more accurate than Cam and he has the arm to throw downfield. I think he'd be an upgrade as far as the passing game is concerned.
When he was in his prime the only knock on him was he could not throw downfield......

"Bridgewater has a decent skill set, but not a great one, according to NFL evaluators. He is not the athlete or passer that other top picks have been like Cam Newton, Andrew Luck or Matthew Stafford. Bridgewater has an above-average arm, but not a powerful arm ".

"Bridgewater was average at best as he didn't throw all that well. Bridgewater had some issues with ball placement, accuracy and footwork. Sources with teams picking in the top five that attended Bridgewater's pro day told WalterFootball.com that the signal-caller didn't help himself. After passing on working out at the Combine, Bridgewater needed a good pro day, and he didn't deliver."

Last edited:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he was in his prime the only knock on him was he could not throw downfield......

"Bridgewater has a decent skill set, but not a great one, according to NFL evaluators. He is not the athlete or passer that other top picks have been like Cam Newton, Andrew Luck or Matthew Stafford. Bridgewater has an above-average arm, but not a powerful arm ".

"Bridgewater was average at best as he didn't throw all that well. Bridgewater had some issues with ball placement, accuracy and footwork. Sources with teams picking in the top five that attended Bridgewater's pro day told WalterFootball.com that the signal-caller didn't help himself. After passing on working out at the Combine, Bridgewater needed a good pro day, and he didn't deliver."
Have you ever wondered why all these evaluators work for someone other than a real football franchise? If these guys were one quarter as good and they think they are, they'd be doing evaluations for a team. When i read some of these guys, I can actually sense the bias that they have against certain players and the same for guys they like.

I watched a short film the other night showing or comparing , if you will, Bridgewater and Newton. Teddy always seems to have a grasp on where he is and what he wants to do. Cam has those moments where he seems to hesitate and sort of catch up. The film showed their best and worst passes and Cam really didn't have any passes that one could consider above average. Teddy had a couple, but nothing spectacular. They both had some some bad throws but Cam.s are the kind that make you grind your teeth because you know a high school QB would have completed it.

Again, if you don't like Teddy, you can find many faults. Cam has equally as many that you can overlook if you like his style of play. I have a problem with Cam's brain. There are times where it just hasn't worked correctly. two that really stick out are the final run against Seattle when he had 8 to 10 yards of open field if he takes one more step to his left. Instead he lowers his shoulder and trips over two guys prone on the ground. he falls a yard short. The second is the final run against the Bills instead of a quick pass to either Harry or Byrd, who was wide open and uncovered. That mental illness is doomsday. Again, that's my opinion . I swear I will not watch this team this year if Cam is under center. I'd rather have Hoyer back.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever wondered why all these evaluators work for someone other than a real football franchise? If these guys were one quarter as good and they think they are, they'd be doing evaluations for a team. When i read some of these guys, I can actually sense the bias that they have against certain players and the same for guys they like.

I watched a short film the other night showing or comparing , if you will, Bridgewater and Newton. Teddy always seems to have a grasp on where he is and what he wants to do. Cam has those moments where he seems to hesitate and sort of catch up. The film showed their best and worst passes and Cam really didn't have any passes that one could consider above average. Teddy had a couple, but nothing spectacular. They both had some some bad throws but Cam.s are the kind that make you grind your teeth because you know a high school QB would have completed it.

Again, if you don't like Teddy, you can find many faults. Cam has equally as many that you can overlook if you like his style of play. I have a problem with Cam's brain. There are times where it just hasn't worked correctly. two that really stick out are the final run against Seattle when he had 8 to 10 yards of open field if he takes one more step to his left. Instead he lowers his shoulder and trips over two guys prone on the ground. he falls a yard short. The second is the final run against the Bills instead of a quick pass to either Harry or Byrd, who was wide open and uncovered. That mental illness is doomsday. Again, that's my opinion . I swear I will not watch this team this year if Cam is under center. I'd rather have Hoyer back.
I have no problem with you liking Bridgewater. He is a good guy and play's his best with what he has.
I have no problem with you not wanting Cam.
My opinion is that Bridgwater is being let go by a team that desperately needs a QB - the same team that let Cam go!
He is not the answer.....

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About Edelman being a factor this year:

With one year left on his contract, Julian Edelman wants to give it another run with a revamped Patriots offense in 2021 after spending most of last year on injured reserve.

But his balky knee might not let him do it, which could make his future in Foxborough murky.

The Boston Herald’s Karen Guregian reported Thursday that the three-time champion and Super Bowl LIII MVP will likely not be able to play the entire 2021 season, according to what a source told her about the extent of Edelman’s lingering knee troubles.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with you liking Bridgewater. He is a good guy and play's his best with what he has.
I have no problem with you not wanting Cam.
My opinion is that Bridgwater is being let go by a team that desperately needs a QB - the same team that let Cam go!
He is not the answer.....
I see them as equally bad for different reasons.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About Edelman being a factor this year:

With one year left on his contract, Julian Edelman wants to give it another run with a revamped Patriots offense in 2021 after spending most of last year on injured reserve.

But his balky knee might not let him do it, which could make his future in Foxborough murky.

The Boston Herald’s Karen Guregian reported Thursday that the three-time champion and Super Bowl LIII MVP will likely not be able to play the entire 2021 season, according to what a source told her about the extent of Edelman’s lingering knee troubles.
A shame but dam I'll miss him.