• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft - Virtual This Year; Early Comments and Mocks

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with this. Be interesting to watch both and see how it works out

I’ll get to see a lot of Biadasz since the Boys are the local team.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it wouldn't have been instead of the Purdue TE, who was selected in the 4th Round with the 136th Pick RR. It would have been instead of the the FSU RB we selected with our first pick in the 2nd Round with the 56th pick.

Ezra Cleveland was selected in the 2nd Round with the 58th pick. I would have been happy with Boise State Tackle, even though he competed in the MWC, but I too am very happy with the FSU RB Akers who competed in the P5 ACC! Cam is a beast, he rushed LY for over 1K yards with one of the worst FSU OL's in a very, very long time. Dude just doesn't go down with contact and against P5 competition.

Now if there was a Guard or Center rated as high as Cleveland in Round 2, pick 56, I'd be right there with ya my brother! Still be hard knowing we had Cam at that spot and passed on him when our plan is developing those Offensive linemen we currently have on the team for the last year or two.

Losing just the threat of Todd in the backfield had to be addressed, and addressed early on in the draft...

I should not try to make a point about something on SportsHoopla when I am at work, Too much going on. What the article was attempting to communicate is that instead of selecting Jefferson at 57, the author claims we should have taken Cleveland at that selection and moved the Jefferson selection to the fourth round. Of course all this is 20/20 hindsight. I still like the better scenario which would have been to take Biadasz in the fourth instead of the TE from Purdue. McSnead still likes Blythe even though he routinely gets beat at the Center position and so they took the TE. If they go with him this season at Center (if we have a season), that decision is going to bite them in the ass.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should not try to make a point about something on SportsHoopla when I am at work, Too much going on. What the article was attempting to communicate is that instead of selecting Jefferson at 57, the author claims we should have taken Cleveland at that selection and moved the Jefferson selection to the fourth round. Of course all this is 20/20 hindsight. I still like the better scenario which would have been to take Biadasz in the fourth instead of the TE from Purdue. McSnead still likes Blythe even though he routinely gets beat at the Center position and so they took the TE. If they go with him this season at Center (if we have a season), that decision is going to bite them in the ass.

Good points, but maybe Biadasz slipped that far for a reason? He was at least a 2nd round pick early in the process (or I thought I had seen that anyway?). What caused him to fall so far? Cushenberry fell farther than I expected too...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems we’re getting Olineman that can play multiple positions. The UDFA from Az St played LT as well before getting moved to center.

I would guess that he probably isn't a pro LT in that case, better bet inside or maybe RT. Of course, UDFA might be a better sign of that.

Glad they grabbed Anchrum; he seemed the best OL prospect left at that point, and potentially undervalued. Saves competing for him as a UDFA.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another article has been released from Ramswire indicating we should have taken Ezra Cleveland in the fourth round instead if the Purdue TE. The author suggests our O-line crappiness was not addressed in the draft even with the Anchum selection and the Cabral kid in the UDFA list. This same author predicts we are going to regret not taking an available O-line talent because the Rams are xpecting different results from the same players. Well, we shall see and if the author is right, then we will both get to say " I told you so". If not than crow will be on the menu in huge portions.

Is it not fair to expect last year's drafted OL to improve this year? Or for injured players to return healthy and marginally better? I'm more worried about our ancient LT, who already needed a lot of chip help last season. Can Noteboom step in at LT if needed?

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it not fair to expect last year's drafted OL to improve this year? Or for injured players to return healthy and marginally better? I'm more worried about our ancient LT, who already needed a lot of chip help last season. Can Noteboom step in at LT if needed?

I honestly don't think Noteboom is the answer ..... once our fossilized LT retires we need a solid plan for the position.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think Noteboom is the answer ..... once our fossilized LT retires we need a solid plan for the position.

Hard to say, as I don't think he's had much of a chance there yet. He was doing pretty well at LG before his injury though, so they could move Corbett to center if he takes to the position.

I can't believe Whit got a 3 year deal. There better not be any money guaranteed beyond year 1...

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think if we find out the answer isn’t on this current squad, then next year you go find a FA LT like we did with Whitworth or you trade for one.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we find out the answer isn’t on this current squad, then next year you go find a FA LT like we did with Whitworth or you trade for one.

Will the cap situation be that much better next year?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the cap situation be that much better next year?

Depends I guess. If Whitworth is gone that’s more than $10 million. Floyd on a 1 year deal. A lot of moving parts to the equation

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are expected to be 65 million under the cap next year, and 150 million the following year. The cap will be the least of our worries.
At least we'll finally have the space to sign Ramsey to that long term extension then.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we'll finally have the space to sign Ramsey to that long term extension then.

Here's the list of expected LT UFAs this winter. Who would you target? (in order by 2020 contract value)

Trent Williams
Russell Okung
David Bakhtiari
Alejandro Villanueva
Taylor Decker
Cam Robinson
Dion Dawkins
Taylor Moton
Dakota Dozier
Julie'n Davenport

Your usual mix of aging vets and largely unproven younger guys. I doubt the Bills let Dawkins get away, as they seem to be saving space for that contract. Center has more guys in their late 20s in the mix of UFA becoming available:

Alex Mack
Mike Pouncey
Corey Linsley
David Andrews
Ted Karras
Greg Mancz
Ryan Kelly
Jonatthan Harrison
Joe Looney
Austin Reiter
Tyler Larson
Joey Hunt
Matt Skura
Ben Garland
Tyler Shatley
Brent Jones

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Watford was just released by the Saints. We can't afford him but he would be a big upgrade at guard for us if we could.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hated missing out on the draft thread due to my old computer crashing so a couple of post draft comments after getting a new computer:

1) Two days before the draft, McVay let it out that the Rams would be looking for "playmakers". McVay doesn't have it in him to smokescreen (lie). So the picks of Akers and Jefferson at 52 and 57 did not surprise me. Turns out that we were tempted to trade up to get Akers (Sean couldn't sweat it out much longer) but Snead held fast and we got him. Jefferson was our target at 57 and he luckily fell right to us. Green Bay wanted him with their 2nd round pick. I personally had Jefferson mocked to us in the 3rd round and Terrell Lewis to us in the 2nd! So I was very pleased after the 2nd and 3rd rounds were completed.

2) After hearing the "playmakers" comment, I looked at last year's draft for some insight on which positions had the most immediate impact at the NFL level in their first year. This was very revealing. RB Josh Jones - WR Deebo Samuel - WR A. J. Brown - WR Diontrae Johnson etc.

3) In the 4th round (our most controversial per the thread) their were a couple of guys we liked at 126. Snead hasn't revealed who they were. However, the Texans offer of two extra picks in the 7th was worth it to trade down just 10 spots to 136. I would argue that we made excellent use of those picks. The only guys I personally liked that went between 126 and 135 that were picked ahead of us were ILB Troy Dye and OG Kevin Doctson. Since we don't value ILB's in our defensive packages as much as cover safeties - Barron - Joyner - Burgess - Fuller - and the fact we drafted and signed offensive lineman the past two years they like and want to continue to develop, the move from my standpoint made sense. So we get to pick 136 and Hopkins is still on the board. According to Snead, he couldn't believe he was still there. So the decision was made to take him with Sean's full support of course! Another playmaker and weapon.

4) Like the board has already discussed, I am thrilled with the UDFA signings!

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hated missing out on the draft thread due to my old computer crashing so a couple of post draft comments after getting a new computer:

1) Two days before the draft, McVay let it out that the Rams would be looking for "playmakers". McVay doesn't have it in him to smokescreen (lie). So the picks of Akers and Jefferson at 52 and 57 did not surprise me. Turns out that we were tempted to trade up to get Akers (Sean couldn't sweat it out much longer) but Snead held fast and we got him. Jefferson was our target at 57 and he luckily fell right to us. Green Bay wanted him with their 2nd round pick. I personally had Jefferson mocked to us in the 3rd round and Terrell Lewis to us in the 2nd! So I was very pleased after the 2nd and 3rd rounds were completed.

2) After hearing the "playmakers" comment, I looked at last year's draft for some insight on which positions had the most immediate impact at the NFL level in their first year. This was very revealing. Aside from the first two picks - Kyler Murray and Nick Bosa - They were RB Josh Jones - WR Marquez "Hollywood" Brown - WR - Deebo Samuel - WR A. J. Brown - RB Miles Sanders - WR Mercole Hardman - WR D. K. Metcalf - WR Diontrae Johnson etc.

3) In the 4th round (our most controversial per the thread) their were a couple of guys we liked at 126. Snead hasn't revealed who they were. However, the Texans offer of two extra picks in the 7th was worth it to trade down just 10 spots to 136. I would argue that we made excellent use of those picks. The only guys I personally liked that went between 126 and 135 that were picked ahead of us were ILB Troy Dye and OG Kevin Doctson. Since we don't value ILB's in our defensive packages as much as cover safeties - Barron - Joyner - Burgess - Fuller - and the fact we drafted and signed offensive lineman the past two years they like and want to continue to develop, the move from my standpoint made sense. So we get to pick 136 and Hopkins is still on the board. According to Snead, he couldn't believe he was still there. So the decision was made to take him with Sean's full support of course! Another playmaker and weapon.

4) Like the board has already discussed, I am thrilled with the UDFA signings!

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual, my attempt to edit my original post has gone astray!