• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NFL Draft - Early Comments and Mocks

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I equate offensive linemen to pitchers in baseball, you can never have too much depth. So when you have chances to get decent ones, you take it. I don’t think that we had enough of an issue with our wide receivers that we needed to draft three of them. And as for ILB, I’d like to know why we pass on a good one in Nick Bolton in round two for a guy we could’ve likely had later in Atwell.

Oh I didn’t like the draft a whole lot at all. But that WR group is deep now. Lol

And Stafford isn’t Goff so that should be good news. I do think our Oline is fairly deep. Noteboom, Evans, Anchrum and maybe even Shelton could all start somewhere else imo and right now they are backups

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 2 reasons not drafting OL may come back to bite them.

1) this was considered a very deep OL class where there were plenty of quality OL available throughout the draft that could’ve “redshirted” this season and possibly gained some game experience

2) the Rams could lose 4 players on the OL next offseason and will no longer have the depth they currently have and will be forced to draft OL that they may be forced to play right away

let’s hope the 2 UD OL players pan out and that will help.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McSnead may have redeemed themselves with the signing of those 9 UDFAs. Jordon Meredith will compete at the Center spot and I sure as hell hope Brian Allen is gone after OTAs. The dude is a complete bust, worse than Blythe.

Paris Ford, the S from Pissburgh was a good signing and Alaric Jackson was an excellent steal. DT George Silvani and S Troy Warner, whose brother Fred plays LB for the Whiners were solid signings and may make the team or PS. Why the Rams didn't include Dylan Moses, who signed with Bears is beyond me. That one makes no sense in light of who the Rams drafted at LB.

I simply do not understand McSnead's approach to drafting a Center or any LBs that are credible and could make the defense as dangerous as the offense is going to be.

And if you are going to waste draft picks, especially 6th rounders, here is a guy they let slip away to the Vikings in the 6th. The dude works-out with AD for cryin out loud and would have been a great addition to the D-Line.

Former Pitt defensive tackle Jaylen Twyman was selected by the Minnesota Vikings in the sixth round of the 2021 NFL draft with the 199th overall pick on Saturday

But for comparison, nobody in the experts world likes this draft class. Nobody.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Funk

Bringing The Funk GIF - Funk Funky FunkDance - Discover & Share GIFs

Not reading it in his bio, but doesn't this dude just scream full back?

He can gain a roster spot on ST alone, dude is fast, can leap & jump, and has special testing to prove it.

4.43 40, 38" vert, 10'2 broad, 22 reps. Pretty explosive athlete.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams UDFAs so far...

OT Aleric Jackson, Iowa
C Jordan Meredith, Western Kentucky
WR Landen Akers, Iowa State
WR/KR Jeremiah Haydel, Texas State
S Paris Ford, Pittsburgh
S Jovan Grant, Merrimack
S Troy Warner, BYU
also:
OLB Max Roberts, BC
DT George Silvanic, Air Force

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McSnead may have redeemed themselves with the signing of those 9 UDFAs. Jordon Meredith will compete at the Center spot and I sure as hell hope Brian Allen is gone after OTAs. The dude is a complete bust, worse than Blythe.

Paris Ford, the S from Pissburgh was a good signing and Alaric Jackson was an excellent steal. DT George Silvani and S Troy Warner, whose brother Fred plays LB for the Whiners were solid signings and may make the team or PS. Why the Rams didn't include Dylan Moses, who signed with Bears is beyond me. That one makes no sense in light of who the Rams drafted at LB.

I simply do not understand McSnead's approach to drafting a Center or any LBs that are credible and could make the defense as dangerous as the offense is going to be.

And if you are going to waste draft picks, especially 6th rounders, here is a guy they let slip away to the Vikings in the 6th. The dude works-out with AD for cryin out loud and would have been a great addition to the D-Line.

Former Pitt defensive tackle Jaylen Twyman was selected by the Minnesota Vikings in the sixth round of the 2021 NFL draft with the 199th overall pick on Saturday

But for comparison, nobody in the experts world likes this draft class. Nobody.

definitely agree, the 2nd round pick was just plain stupid, no possible valid explaination on why you make that selection when that kid would have been there later. You don't take a guy that high unless you plan to have him on the field for over half the snaps which i doubt given his size. A quality OL, or LB was there and they screwed the pooch because they were some damn geeked up over a micro midget WR. Mike Martz 2.0 in the making.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Jefferson barely played last season when there were more snaps available.

he’ll be lucky to see 10 snaps a game unless Jackson gets injured.

not the kind of production you need from a 2nd round pick.

should’ve taken a bona fide LB instead. They passed up on sooooo many quality players to draft the midget WR.

the least they could’ve done is traded down and gained extra pick(s) and then taken him. That would’ve at least made sense.

the highest mock I saw was him going to the Rams at #88 and they took him at #57.

Last edited:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Jefferson barely played last season when there were more snaps available.

he’ll be lucky to see 10 snaps a game unless Jackson gets injured.

not the kind of production you need from a 2nd round pick.

should’ve taken a bona fide LB instead. They passed up on sooooo many quality players to draft the midget WR.

the least they could’ve done is traded down and gained extra pick(s) and then taken him. That would’ve at least made sense.

the highest mock I saw was him going to the Rams at #88 and they took him at #57.
Agreed. We could’ve gotten Nick Bolton, Creed Humphrey or Jalen Mayfield at that pick and it would’ve satisfied more pressing needs.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. We could’ve gotten Nick Bolton, Creed Humphrey or Jalen Mayfield at that pick and it would’ve satisfied more pressing needs.

Obviously the Rams didn't think they needed to draft o-line. They did get decent o-line prospects as UDFAs. They didn't appear to be looking for a player like Bolton either, who is essentially a WOLB or MLB. They wanted more of a run stuffer, which Jones has a better knack for (but is definitely slower in terms of coverage ability). Run and chase vs plugger.