• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NFL Draft - Early Comments and Mocks

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this and then it’s time to move to the rest of the team and 2021 season...

Mcvay has never had a 1st rounder (thank God) and he basically inherited Goff. Now he’s got Stafford and just made the WR group super deep with ALOT of talent. Tutu is going to shadow Desean. This offense could be stupid explosive. Not sure about the GSOT but dam... that WR group is loaded.

And now we are about to see the full playbook of mcvay. No more Goff

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this and then it’s time to move to the rest of the team and 2021 season...

Mcvay has never had a 1st rounder (thank God) and he basically inherited Goff. Now he’s got Stafford and just made the WR group super deep with ALOT of talent. Tutu is going to shadow Desean. This offense could be stupid explosive. Not sure about the GSOT but dam... that WR group is loaded.

And now we are about to see the full playbook of mcvay. No more Goff
But is a lot of talent at WR going to matter if our offensive line isn't exactly the greatest and we didn't really do anything to strengthen it during the draft?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But is a lot of talent at WR going to matter if our offensive line isn't exactly the greatest and we didn't really do anything to strengthen it during the draft?
Yeah, when the FO has faith in Allen being the starting center, something is terribly wrong with their evaluations.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol you guys all had the same reaction with the WR pick that I did with Seattle (Eskridge, right before your pick). Ethan Pocic (our center) is a decent pass blocker but a terrible run blocker and the guy has never played a full season. He's constantly injured and Aaron Donald blows through the fucker every time we face each other. There was two perfectly great starting caliber centers at the end of the 2nd.... and we take a tweener WR lol... Plenty of Hawks fans were happy about it because "OMG TYREEK HILL/PERCY HARVIN CLONE" but I'm not really happy about it lol.

Suffice to say I was baffled by your guys' pick as well. You've got Higbee, Kupp, and Woods... how many fuckin' receivers do ya need? Maybe both the Rams/Hawks were like, "OH NO U DIDN'T!" when the Cardinals took Moore and felt the need to say, "SEE WE GOT ONE TOO!" looool?

Oh boy, McVay gonna set off some fireworks. Tutu is a demon on jet sweeps, McVay is gonna heavily rotate guys keeping in fresh legs.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was PFF's evaluation of our second pick at 103 in Round 3.

R3 (103) LOS ANGELES RAMS: LB ERNEST JONES, SOUTH CAROLINA

Pick: Below Average

Jones was a good run defender at South Carolina, but he falls because we don’t know much about him in coverage. He needs to anticipate and react faster if he is to stick at the NFL level. He brings it in the run game, but his change of direction and coverage skills leave a lot to be desired.

This was a second selection that could have been obtained later as well.
I'm not worried about him at all, he will be a sponge, loves the game and student of the game. Like the analysis said, he is hardly out position, for a LB that one of the most important thing, with our secondary we don't need him to cover.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Funk

Bringing The Funk GIF - Funk Funky FunkDance - Discover & Share GIFs

Not reading it in his bio, but doesn't this dude just scream full back?

He can gain a roster spot on ST alone, dude is fast, can leap & jump, and has special testing to prove it.

We got the funk and Bobby Brown, it was McSnead's provocative to bring the Funk.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy, McVay gonna set off some fireworks. Tutu is a demon on jet sweeps, McVay is gonna heavily rotate guys keeping in fresh legs.

Yah, I know McVay likes his rotations at WR... and the Cards just love putting out a spread set...

Out of the 2nd round WRs between ARI/LA/SEA, it made the LEAST sense for Seattle unless Carroll is going to let Wilson throw 35+ times a game.

We're sticking with a center who is good at pass blocking but sucks at run blocking... and drafted a tackle who is a good pass blocker but terrible run blocker.... and then drafted a speedy WR...

So if we're going back to this run, run, pass... pound the rock style of offense, I give up.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our Oline was pretty good last year. According to PFF at least. Do you think losing Austin Blythe was a serious blow? Biggest need I saw from last year is up the middle on defense at ILB. And heck we had the #1 defense

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blythe wasn’t a true center at all and did ok. Corbett has experience at center and other guys are interchangeable as well just like Blythe.

This offense is going to be scary if healthy. Special teams is going to be very good too.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Oline was pretty good last year. According to PFF at least. Do you think losing Austin Blythe was a serious blow? Biggest need I saw from last year is up the middle on defense at ILB. And heck we had the #1 defense

Goff's inability to manipulate the pocket, read a defense, and lack of mobility made the line look worst than it was.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I equate offensive linemen to pitchers in baseball, you can never have too much depth. So when you have chances to get decent ones, you take it. I don’t think that we had enough of an issue with our wide receivers that we needed to draft three of them. And as for ILB, I’d like to know why we pass on a good one in Nick Bolton in round two for a guy we could’ve likely had later in Atwell.