• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NFL Draft - Early Comments and Mocks

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Robert Rochell tooIII!!!

rochelle rochelle Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

The Rams historically have done well with the defensive back end, and Rob is a stud! Graded just the same as as BBIII

This dude has size and speed and likely makes leaps and bounds in his area of improvement with technique and finding the football playing with a mentor like Ramsey.

Brown and Rochell are good picks. But I was doing a lot of WTF this year. Reminded me some of the Fisher days

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d like to know why they felt the need to draft three wide receivers and zero offensive linemen. Did someone raid Snoop Dogg’s stash for three days worth of weed because I don’t understand some of these decisions at all.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what PFF had to say about the Rams pick at 57, Round 2.

R2 (57) LOS ANGELES RAMS: WR TUTU ATWELL, LOUISVILLE

Pick Grade: Below Average

The Rams grab the speedster they’ve been coveting in Tutu Atwell, though this is yet another reach on a smaller receiver with some issues. Atwell raised eyebrows by weighing in at the medical combine at 149 pounds, which would make him one of the lightest receivers ever to hit the NFL. His route tree was extremely limited, but there’s no doubting his playmaking ability, and his best PFF grades came against man coverage.

[Everyone agrees. This was a reach pick that the Rams could have obtained in Round 4 or later. The beginning of the Rams 2021 Draft was telling and it went downhill from there. The Rams covered all of their need areas except O-Line and this was a glaring mistake that falls at the feet of the dumbasses comprising McSnead.] [ ]=My comments.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacob Harris could be on the Rams board BPA at this point in the draft.

Here Are The Facts GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I believe he grades higher than Atwell, and is sort of the anti Atwell which comes across to me as an insurance pick at WR.
I like his size, and speed for his size.

So with rosters guys like like Higbee and Mundt he can learn to use his size on contested catches.

If he pans out, he could be a monster match up problem for teams with shorter back end talent.

Overall, I like the insurance pick, after all this is essentially a 5th round pick, right?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was PFF's evaluation of our second pick at 103 in Round 3.

R3 (103) LOS ANGELES RAMS: LB ERNEST JONES, SOUTH CAROLINA

Pick: Below Average

Jones was a good run defender at South Carolina, but he falls because we don’t know much about him in coverage. He needs to anticipate and react faster if he is to stick at the NFL level. He brings it in the run game, but his change of direction and coverage skills leave a lot to be desired.

This was a second selection that could have been obtained later as well.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earnest Brown IV is an interesting cat!

Ernest GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Aren't all Earnests'? :lol:

This dude has all the NFL size, body and length!

Can he learn from AD? This dude has raw talent and 2020 could have hurt him....

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a compilation of who we selected this draft. The only three picks that were above average were Bobby Brown III, Robert Rochelle who is an athletic freak in the mold of AD, and Earnest Brown IV. Everyone elses was a complete reach and the Rams didn't even bother to paick one O-Lineman, not one.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is becoming increasingly clear to me that both members of McSnead have now gotten so full of themselves that they effed-up this draft so bad as a result and they don't see what everyone else is seeing (and laughing about) that these two dumbasses believe they are untouchable and indestructible. They wasted essentially a whole bunch of picks by by-passing many good players that other teams like Denver and Dallas scooped-up. Three wide receivers and an undersized WR and RB? Seriously?!!

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this duo had any brains in their heads, they would place phone calls to UDFAs Drake Jackson, Charles Snowden, Tamorrion Terry, and Dylan Moses, and sign them to a FA contract for camp.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Funk

Bringing The Funk GIF - Funk Funky FunkDance - Discover & Share GIFs

Not reading it in his bio, but doesn't this dude just scream full back?

He can gain a roster spot on ST alone, dude is fast, can leap & jump, and has special testing to prove it.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Skowronek...

ISO: Trader in Alaska FT: IP trade Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau | TalkBeer  - Craft beer news, info, and discussion.

Gotta look at this pick as a TE folks, no?

Again ST maybe his ticket gaining a roster spot, but I don't see this dude as a WR and neither should you.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Garrett very interesting enough grades out in the high 5's just like the Rams' first overall pick of the 2021 draft in Tutu.

southern orders: THIS IS INTERESTING!

So what gives?

I'll start with Chris....

Garrett is a skinny edge who stared in D2 College ball. Raw, but a good fit for the 3-4. Has ST abilities and could find a roster spot.

So here is why both Tutu and Chris are similar, they are both team fits at their position and fill ST needs too.

As a matter of fact, it looks like 'team fits' are the primary consideration of every pick in this years draft, and likely the blueprint since McVay has arrived.

The difference is impact of potential to the team dynamic.

Tutu finds a home, and the impact to the Rams WR corp is so dynamic, that teams on play action may entirely forget about Cam Ackers.

Imagine that?

Chris finds a home, and the Rams likely have a ST player who is a project Edge.

Huge difference, near same grading.

So, while the league's teams are looking for BPA and stud talent, McSnead is building a team for fit!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should add don't confuse team fits with position needs, they have nothing to do with one another.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest head scratcher at face value in this one is the Rams 2nd overall pick.

In hindsight, I see they filled a position of need and they found the smartest guy they thought that could lead from that role.

With Staley gone, I ain't mad at them.

We need someone on the field that can think like a coach, amirite?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't mean to be a Debby downer... but I only like the DL pick (Bobby Brown).... the rest were complete head scratchers. I don't see the logic in picking a guy at Wr (5-9 150??) that would have been around in round 3. I don't see the logic in picking a LB with shitty coverage skills (jones), when we already have Reeder (who sucks btw). 2 wrs in which both have issues getting separation. No OL picks when they were clearly available. I guess Mcdufus thinks that sorry excuse for a lineman Brian Allen is the answer at C... We will see how Stafford feels when that bull rush up the middle is breaking down the pocket..

Corbett is expected to shift to center. Still would've liked another center (or at least a guard), meh. They did pick up C Jordan Meredith from Western Kentucky after the draft, along with G/T Aleric Jackson from Iowa.

How do the 2 early WRs have difficulty getting separation? Atwell is one of the fastest men in the draft, and Harris is a 6'5 WR/TE with 4.39 speed and a special teams maven. I don't get the need for Skowronek, but it's the 7th round I guess.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams UDFAs so far...

OT Aleric Jackson, Iowa
C Jordan Meredith, Western Kentucky
WR Landen Akers, Iowa State
WR/KR Jeremiah Haydel, Texas State
S Paris Ford, Pittsburgh