• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NFL College Draft- 2022-2023 Los Angeles Rams

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, what the Rams needed was a big back that can go get that 1-2 yards on 3rd and 4th down.

What they didn’t need was another receiving back as both Akers and Henderson are already good receiving backs themselves.

What they don’t have is that bowling ball the pushes a pile and gets those hard 1-2 yards.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE have no running backs in the 6'0 and above, 220-240lb range, Shopson. We have not had one since Steven Jackson (who was a legit 6'2, 236lbs. Even ED was 6'3, 220lbs when he played). Midget backs are under 5'11, 210lbs. Akers ain't that big (LAst year he played most of the season at 209lbs) and Michel might be that size but AT THE TIME, he was our biggest back. Is that accurate enough for ya?? Man, sometimes I wonder what you are seeing and then your comebacks are just flippin' unbelievable.

Michel was one inch taller and slightly lighter than Akers. Running style, sure he was a more direct runner for the Rams rb committee, but to call Akers a midget back in comparison is simply inaccurate. Power runners aren't exactly in vogue in the league, especially for teams that specialize in the passing game. Maybe RDFA Roger Carter (listed as a TE, but has a FB build) could fit that role in a pinch (if he makes the 53). You tend to fixate on size and power, but the Rams are a speed and finesse team offensively from the OL to the RB to the WR and TE.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea whatever Shopson. Once again, you can't seem to understand the real issue with being a finesse team. So I am done trying to explain it to ya. You been this way ever since I have known you here on the SportsHoopla and that ain't going to change.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea whatever Shopson. Once again, you can't seem to understand the real issue with being a finesse team. So I am done trying to explain it to ya. You been this way ever since I have known you here on the SportsHoopla and that ain't going to change.

The Rams are coming off 4 playoff appearances, 2 SB appearances and 1 championship in the past 4 years without a power runner. Expecting McVay to go power offense is to ignore his tendencies thus far. Would a power back be useful? Of course, but it clearly is not a need in the minds of McVay and Snead.

And yes, why would I change? I'm here to voice my opinion and discuss sports.