• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NFL Coaches Dead Pool

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking about the NFCE. It is entirely possible although maybe not likely that all 4 teams have a different HC going into 2020 than they did in 2019. Has anything like that ever occurred before?

I'm going to guess no.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones was very close to firing Jason Garrett last night.
No way Garrett gets an extension.

Kris Richard's D isn't working. I think he's gone, also.

Looking at Ron Rivera, Jim Harbaugh as next Cowboys' coach.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gone:

Jay Gruden
Ron Rivera

Soon to be gone:

Dan Quinn
Matt Nagy
Vic Fangio
Matt Patricia
Adam Gase
Doug Marrone

Maybe gone:

Doug Peterson
Matt Patricia will get another year to prove his worth.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of those two, Harbaugh would probably be my choice.

Rivera I like in a DEF role...as a HC, he's 100% dependent on the OC, and maybe he does, but he just doesn't seem have the peer group to attract a top notch OC...never been impressed with Mike Shula. Norv knows OFC, but imo his schemes are dated.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gone:

Jay Gruden
Ron Rivera

Gone in 1 week:

Jason Garrett
Dan Quinn
Matt Nagy
Vic Fangio
Adam Gase
Doug Marrone
Frank Reich
Zac Taylor
Freddie Kitchens

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gone:

Jay Gruden
Ron Rivera

Gone in 1 week:

Jason Garrett
Dan Quinn
Matt Nagy
Vic Fangio
Adam Gase
Doug Marrone
Frank Reich
Zac Taylor
Freddie Kitchens

ATL...We might need to back up on Quinn...local slant...there's a lot of chatter here locally on sportstalk radio and the mainstream media.

Local fan polls are still heavily weighted on firing DQ...70/30 on a morning news poll I saw this morning.

But there is a growing softer stance on firing him after beating NO and SF on the road when both teams had a lot to play for. If they beat Tampa this week he will be 6-2 after the bye....but the 16 record is what counts.

IDK about DQ just yet....it wouldn't shock me to see him get another year.

CLE...I expected BAL to even the score for the year, but the Browns OFC looked weak in that game and that's where Kitchens butters his bread and a lot of the cap was invested...assured of a worse record than LY, I'm thinking he's one and done.

DAL, JAX...yep

CIN...they should give him his QB and a couple of years with him...he should be there next yr.
DEN...has to be all kinds of heat on Elway, anything could happen if Elway gets canned.
IND...they wilted out of the race about week during a 4 game losing streak, a team in the summer thought to be a SB contender with Luck...started solid behind Brissett but the OFC hit the skid during that streak as well...kinda doubt it
NYJ...got the GM fired this year...he's not going anywhere...yet.
CHI...really depends on how much Trubisky was "his" guy, or the GM's guy.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATL...We might need to back up on Quinn...local slant...there's a lot of chatter here locally on sportstalk radio and the mainstream media.

Local fan polls are still heavily weighted on firing DQ...70/30 on a morning news poll I saw this morning.

But there is a growing softer stance on firing him after beating NO and SF on the road when both teams had a lot to play for. If they beat Tampa this week he will be 6-2 after the bye....but the 16 record is what counts.

IDK about DQ just yet....it wouldn't shock me to see him get another year.

CLE...I expected BAL to even the score for the year, but the Browns OFC looked weak in that game and that's where Kitchens butters his bread and a lot of the cap was invested...assured of a worse record than LY, I'm thinking he's one and done.

DAL, JAX...yep

CIN...they should give him his QB and a couple of years with him...he should be there next yr.
DEN...has to be all kinds of heat on Elway, anything could happen if Elway gets canned.
IND...they wilted out of the race about week during a 4 game losing streak, a team in the summer thought to be a SB contender with Luck...started solid behind Brissett but the OFC hit the skid during that streak as well...kinda doubt it
NYJ...got the GM fired this year...he's not going anywhere...yet.
CHI...really depends on how much Trubisky was "his" guy, or the GM's guy.
I wonder about Quinn now as well. The team has really rallied around him lately. Really disappointing season overall though.

The other one and done that should be considered is Gase. The guy is just flat out not a good coach but the Jets being who they are will likely retain him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder about Quinn now as well. The team has really rallied around him lately. Really disappointing season overall though.

The other one and done that should be considered is Gase. The guy is just flat out not a good coach but the Jets being who they are will likely retain him.

I'm pretty sure Gase was behind the GM getting canned with the Jets...if so that owner gave him enough power to last a couple of years I think.

DQ...what's weird...the DEF has played much better since he gave up DC playcalling. So that was a mistake to take over the DC role. I also think the way he handled the losing streak with class...week after week could weigh on Blank a little...right now I would say it's shifted from 70% out, to 50% right now.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gone:

Jay Gruden
Ron Rivera

Gone in 1 week:

Jason Garrett
Dan Quinn
Matt Nagy
Vic Fangio
Adam Gase
Doug Marrone
Frank Reich
Zac Taylor
Freddie Kitchens

What is your obsession with Fangio getting fired? Should they beat the Raiders, they'll have finished the season with 4 wins in their last 5 games, including a victory in Hoston against a playoff bound Texans. Hard to fire a guy that has his team trending that far upward to close the season.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your obsession with Fangio getting fired? Should they beat the Raiders, they'll have finished the season with 4 wins in their last 5 games, including a victory in Hoston against a playoff bound Texans. Hard to fire a guy that has his team trending that far upward to close the season.

If Elway is still there, I don't see Fangio getting canned at all. A bit premature for his first year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure Harbaugh wants to leave Michigan yet. I also wonder how long a Jim Harbaugh/Jerry Jones pairing would last.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure Harbaugh wants to leave Michigan yet. I also wonder how long a Jim Harbaugh/Jerry Jones pairing would last.

My guess is that it wouldn't last half as along as the Harbaugh/Baalke relationship.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gone:

Jay Gruden
Ron Rivera

Gone in 1 week:

Jason Garrett
Dan Quinn
Matt Nagy
Vic Fangio
Adam Gase
Doug Marrone
Frank Reich
Zac Taylor
Freddie Kitchens

Marrone and Garrett for sure. A lot of those guys are in their first year and Typically get a 2nd year

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that it wouldn't last half as along as the Harbaugh/Baalke relationship.

I was thinking the same thing. I've read some of the behind the scenes stuff that went on with Harbaugh when he was in SF. He was borderline maniacal at times with the FO. Not sure how that would work with Jerry Jones.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing. I've read some of the behind the scenes stuff that went on with Harbaugh when he was in SF. He was borderline maniacal at times with the FO. Not sure how that would work with Jerry Jones.

This is pointing toward JJ not picking a strong leader as a coach.

Maybe he'll hire Dennis Allen away from the Saints.

What about (guffaw) Lane Kiffen?

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gone:

Jay Gruden
Ron Rivera

Gone in 1 week:

Jason Garrett
Dan Quinn
Matt Nagy
Vic Fangio
Adam Gase
Doug Marrone
Frank Reich
Zac Taylor
Freddie Kitchens

I think Matt Nagy gets the chance to see if he can right the ship in Chicago next season; it wouldn't surprise me if he "volunteers" to hand off his play-calling responsibilities to have that opportunity. If he can't at the very least get them to a winning record, then he's likely to be cleaning out his office a year from now. Having stated that, if Chicago has a repeat of this season in 2020, then GM Ryan Pace might be cleaning out his office, too.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way the Bears are bringing back both Nagy and Trubisky next year. One of them has to go.

They are one of the most lifeless teams in the NFL right now.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way the Bears are bringing back both Nagy and Trubisky next year. One of them has to go.

They are one of the most lifeless teams in the NFL right now.
You would think something needs to change. I think it will be Nagy most likely. Another of those hyped innovated coaching minds you hear about that don't actual know how to win games. NFL is littered with useless innovative coaching hires who love slinging the football and handicaps the running game with their play calling.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Quinn and Thomas Dimitroff to return in 2020 for the Falcons.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Quinn and Thomas Dimitroff to return in 2020 for the Falcons.

Good for Quinn. Hes a good guy and solid coach and it was cool to see that team come together the last 6 or so weeks for him.

Regardless that team has too much talent to start 1-7 or whatever they did so the leash should be short next year