• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2018 Season NFL Coaches Dead Pool

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Mike 'I prefer Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers' McCarthy.

Good luck!
First... Link
Second... If you don’t think he would be a good hire for the Cardinals, you really don’t understand football.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His record as a head coach is not bad. He does pretty good with young quarterbacks. If you have a better hire, feel free to share.

Aaron Rodgers and his God complex distract people from reality.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First... Link
Second... If you don’t think he would be a good hire for the Cardinals, you really don’t understand football.

First, I don't have a link or a direct quote from McCarthy, but it is known that before the draft, he was all in on Smith over Rodgers. The final decision was Mike Nolan's, and he apparently didn't like Rodgers' attitude - too cocky - but MM definitely had his preference....and it's also been noted that Rodgers had let MM know from time to time that he preferred Smith over himself.

Second, you had better explain how he'd be a good hire. When you try to start off that reasoning with his record, or tell me about how terrible Wilks was....that ain't gonna cut it. Tell me about his game planning or his in-game management or personnel decisions. I know that his offense is predicated on receivers simply beating one-on-one coverages, (instead of scheming his guys open like the great offensive-minded coaches do) and when they don't and Rodgers has to buy more time and scrambles...they ain't coming back to help much. I know he kept Capers on far too long.

So help me understand football?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His record as a head coach is not bad. He does pretty good with young quarterbacks. If you have a better hire, feel free to share.

Aaron Rodgers and his God complex distract people from reality.
You might have it backwards, the reason they fired him was his record and only Rodgers kept him from being fired years and years ago.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I don't have a link or a direct quote from McCarthy, but it is known that before the draft, he was all in on Smith over Rodgers. The final decision was Mike Nolan's, and he apparently didn't like Rodgers' attitude - too cocky - but MM definitely had his preference....and it's also been noted that Rodgers had let MM know from time to time that he preferred Smith over himself.

Second, you had better explain how he'd be a good hire. When you try to start off that reasoning with his record, or tell me about how terrible Wilks was....that ain't gonna cut it. Tell me about his game planning or his in-game management or personnel decisions. I know that his offense is predicated on receivers simply beating one-on-one coverages, (instead of scheming his guys open like the great offensive-minded coaches do) and when they don't and Rodgers has to buy more time and scrambles...they ain't coming back to help much. I know he kept Capers on far too long.

So help me understand football?
You never mentioned pre-draft. A lot of coaches liked Smith over Rodgers pre-draft. In fact, I would say most did.

McCarthy is a proven, offensive minded head coach. He grew stale in GB which happens to many head coaches. A young team with a young QB like the Cards can benefit from someone with his experience. If you have a better option, fire away.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might have it backwards, the reason they fired him was his record and only Rodgers kept him from being fired years and years ago.
Nothing is a given. I like the idea of McCarthy and a young Josh Rosen. Who knows if it will even happen.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never mentioned pre-draft. A lot of coaches liked Smith over Rodgers pre-draft. In fact, I would say most did.

McCarthy is a proven, offensive minded head coach. He grew stale in GB which happens to many head coaches. A young team with a young QB like the Cards can benefit from someone with his experience. If you have a better option, fire away.

A lot of those coaches were wrong. I would say most of those guys who liked Smith more were defensive-oriented in nature, and therefore it's one of the knocks against McCarthy - given his so-called offensive background. I don't really hold that against him, because everybody makes mistakes when it comes to personel, and it still came down to Nolan.

I would say McCarthy WAS a proven (debatable), offensive minded guy and grew stale. It's not really whether the Cards have a better option....it's more that if McCarthy is the best option, then the cupboard is dry in the first place. If you think he can make a difference with Rosen (whom I'm actually questioning now), then good luck.

As sad as it's to say, I think Rosen may be better off with Josh McDaniels - even after all that bullshit. John DeFillipo was a hot name, but his firing reset his clock I imagine. Lincoln Riley? I dunno.....

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy would be better than Wilks. That hire was a head scratcher to me. Still not a big McCarthy fan to me. Other than the Super Bowl year, his teams underachieved and Rogers carried him for years.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of those coaches were wrong. I would say most of those guys who liked Smith more were defensive-oriented in nature, and therefore it's one of the knocks against McCarthy - given his so-called offensive background. I don't really hold that against him, because everybody makes mistakes when it comes to personel, and it still came down to Nolan.

I would say McCarthy WAS a proven (debatable), offensive minded guy and grew stale. It's not really whether the Cards have a better option....it's more that if McCarthy is the best option, then the cupboard is dry in the first place. If you think he can make a difference with Rosen (whom I'm actually questioning now), then good luck.

As sad as it's to say, I think Rosen may be better off with Josh McDaniels - even after all that bullshit. John DeFillipo was a hot name, but his firing reset his clock I imagine. Lincoln Riley? I dunno.....

I think the best argument for McCarthy is probably to point to Andy Reid, another offensive-minded guy who seemed to go stale his last two years in Philly and who has taken over a Chiefs team that was 2-14 the year before he took over and has made the playoffs 5 out of 6 years.

The flip side to that is that I think Reid is a better coach than McCarthy and Reid would probably have a super bowl win if his top two quarterbacks were Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers. And Reid’s declines in Philly didn’t happen until after McNabb had declined and left. McCarthy still has Rodgers in the prime of his career and wasted it.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the best argument for McCarthy is probably to point to Andy Reid, another offensive-minded guy who seemed to go stale his last two years in Philly and who has taken over a Chiefs team that was 2-14 the year before he took over and has made the playoffs 5 out of 6 years.

The flip side to that is that I think Reid is a better coach than McCarthy and Reid would probably have a super bowl win if his top two quarterbacks were Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers. And Reid’s declines in Philly didn’t happen until after McNabb had declined and left. McCarthy still has Rodgers in the prime of his career and wasted it.

I think you answered your own question....Reid's final years in Philly were with Mike Vick....and that is a far cry from Aaron Rodgers. I don't hold McCarthy at fault for really wasting Rodgers - his game planning and in-game coaching regardless - that's on Ted Thompson and the drafting/free agency periods they've had.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk Koetter, Tampa Bay Buccaneers fired.

They didn't even give him the courtesy of doing it tomorrow.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tally so far:

Hue Jackson, Cleveland Browns
Mike McCarthy
, Green Bay Packers
Dirk Koetter, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Vance Joseph, Denver Broncos
Marvin Lewis Cincinnati Bengals FINALLY !!!
Adam Gase, Miami Dolphins
Todd Bowles, New York Jets
Steve Wilks, Arizona Cardinals