• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Preview 10-23

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm hoping it just this season

he has that one great season under his belt

and a half great season this year

maybe not fully healed now or his stamina isn't there

giving him a mulligan for this year

cards have a tougher time vs. lefties, overall, so maybe doubrount starting a game isn't the end of the world, and felix wouldn't go more than 6 innings either, most likely

or, based on Clays' postseason to this point, maybe use him as a middle reliever, his first four or five innings have been great

all speculation now

Looks to be more of a chronic thing to me. Hasn't ever made 30 starts, only gotten close twice.

He's a hell of a pitcher when he's on the mound, I won't argue that, but he's far from a lock to be on the mound.

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks to be more of a chronic thing to me. Hasn't ever made 30 starts, only gotten close twice.

He's a hell of a pitcher when he's on the mound, I won't argue that, but he's far from a lock to be on the mound.

yassir

finished Doc Sleep

just phenomenal

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buccholz might not be pitching game 3, might be Doubrount

that could be a disaster!! I haven't been able to read/listen to much sports talk but are you saying (or have you heard) that Clay is hurt?

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that could be a disaster!! I haven't been able to read/listen to much sports talk but are you saying (or have you heard) that Clay is hurt?

nothing yet, he's on the roster, but doubrount has been told to "be ready" and he pitched a simulated game yesterday

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing yet, he's on the roster, but doubrount has been told to "be ready" and he pitched a simulated game yesterday

offense be prepared to score a ton if he is pitching. Though he clearly has been more effective as a starter compared to a reliever

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
offense be prepared to score a ton if he is pitching. Though he clearly has been more effective as a starter compared to a reliever

doubrount was one of the best starters in the AL for a good stretch this season, better than Lester during that stretch

he has the stuff to be a consistent winner, but the command is lacking and durability is an issue

plus, he'd be on a short leash if he started.....as would clay

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doubrount was one of the best starters in the AL for a good stretch this season, better than Lester during that stretch

he has the stuff to be a consistent winner, but the command is lacking and durability is an issue

plus, he'd be on a short leash if he started.....as would clay

damn you World, why do you have to be so logical!

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm hoping it just this season

he has that one great season under his belt

and a half great season this year

maybe not fully healed now or his stamina isn't there

giving him a mulligan for this year

cards have a tougher time vs. lefties, overall, so maybe doubrount starting a game isn't the end of the world, and felix wouldn't go more than 6 innings either, most likely

or, based on Clays' postseason to this point, maybe use him as a middle reliever, his first four or five innings have been great

all speculation now

This benefits the Sox mainly if Craig can't play 1B in St. Louis. He is their best RH hitter. Otherwise, Matt Adams (lefty) starts at 1B. Carpenter is a lefty and hits "only" .294 as opposed to .329 vs. righties. We also switch Beltran around to his weaker side average-wise. Carpenter and Beltran are their table-setters. Shutting them down is key.

The question is whether Clay can pitch at all. If he can, he can piggy-back Doubront and come in in the 5th or 6th inning for about 2 innings.

Another interesting question is whether the Sox turn to Matt Thornton over Franklin Morales. Thornton was horrible for us, but Morales has a high tendency to walk batters. He needs to come in without men on base, and a safety net in the bullpen.

Expect Breslow to see a lot of Beltran in the later innings.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another interesting question is whether the Sox turn to Matt Thornton over Franklin Morales. Thornton was horrible for us, but Morales has a high tendency to walk batters. He needs to come in without men on base, and a safety net in the bullpen.

I read this morning that Thornton isn't on the roster.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read this morning that Thornton isn't on the roster.

Thanks. As of last night, the Sox had him throwing simulated games just in case. I just saw the update from Rotoworld.

I prefer Morales to Thornton, but Farrell has to use him carefully.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Yankees are planning on making a run at Shin-Soo Choo. This comes from the Yankees very secret organizational meetings.

If the Red Sox win the World Series, I woudn't be surprised if the Yankees abandon their "$189mm" plan and throw money at everybody again. They did it the last time they missed the playoffs, and actually won the world series, but there are no Sabathias and Teixeiras out there this time around.

"We're back, Mortimer!!"

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My pick tonight: Cardinals 3, Red Sox 1

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Yankees are planning on making a run at Shin-Soo Choo. This comes from the Yankees very secret organizational meetings.

If the Red Sox win the World Series, I woudn't be surprised if the Yankees abandon their "$189mm" plan and throw money at everybody again. They did it the last time they missed the playoffs, and actually won the world series, but there are no Sabathias and Teixeiras out there this time around.

"We're back, Mortimer!!"

The Yankees talk about EVERYONE every year, they do that so no one really knows who they're serious about. Remember when they "had dinner" with Carl Crawfords people?

Smokescreens, that's all it is.

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hush. the jury is still out on whether or not that was the source of his power.

oh, and really?? A BOSTON fan talking about HAIR?! Your crew needs a serious sit down with a razor. Or perhaps a friggin' lawn mower at this point!
:lol:

girls say the beard tickles. if lincecum could grow one, you'd know :yahoo: