• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Preview 10-23

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yankees very interested in carlos beltran

st louis can say goodbye in a few days.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is where we are in the baseball world today. When I guy can put together 3 losing seasons in a row, have an e.r.a around 4.50, and a WHIP over 1.30, and that is worth $ 17.5 mil per year.

Mmmmmmmmk.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is where we are in the baseball world today. When I guy can put together 3 losing seasons in a row, have an e.r.a around 4.50, and a WHIP over 1.30, and that is worth $ 17.5 mil per year.

Mmmmmmmmk.

resume and players union bigD. in the real world, unions keep dumb people employed. in the entertainment world, they help with end of contract raises.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mmmmmmmmk.

one more thing, you can thank guys like josh beckett for this inflation.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm surprised.

tell us again how you predicted the ALCS :laugh3:

The is no method to my predictions, no research, no analysis, nor any real deep thought.

I just hate the Red Sox.

:suds:

Go Cardinals!

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure Oscar Taveras will make the Cardinals and their fans forget all about Carlos Beltran real fast.

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn you World, why do you have to be so logical!

because there is something about this team

you feel it, dont ya?

if there is any question about buchholz, err on the side of caution

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This benefits the Sox mainly if Craig can't play 1B in St. Louis. He is their best RH hitter. Otherwise, Matt Adams (lefty) starts at 1B. Carpenter is a lefty and hits "only" .294 as opposed to .329 vs. righties. We also switch Beltran around to his weaker side average-wise. Carpenter and Beltran are their table-setters. Shutting them down is key.

The question is whether Clay can pitch at all. If he can, he can piggy-back Doubront and come in in the 5th or 6th inning for about 2 innings.

Another interesting question is whether the Sox turn to Matt Thornton over Franklin Morales. Thornton was horrible for us, but Morales has a high tendency to walk batters. He needs to come in without men on base, and a safety net in the bullpen.

Expect Breslow to see a lot of Beltran in the later innings.

no change in Sox roster, so Morales sticks

dumb,my opinion

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
resume and players union bigD. in the real world, unions keep dumb people employed. in the entertainment world, they help with end of contract raises.

You need not school me on unions Brock. I pay about $ 60.00 to mo to be in mine, and, I get nothing for it. Why? I am the wrong skin color, my name does not end in the right consonant, and, as they only want to help those whos jobs are on the line.

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Yankees are planning on making a run at Shin-Soo Choo. This comes from the Yankees very secret organizational meetings.

If the Red Sox win the World Series, I woudn't be surprised if the Yankees abandon their "$189mm" plan and throw money at everybody again. They did it the last time they missed the playoffs, and actually won the world series, but there are no Sabathias and Teixeiras out there this time around.

"We're back, Mortimer!!"

no chance of that happening, they arent a "reactionary" franchise anymore

neither are the Sox

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody is going to have Beltran too long. He probably only has a year or 2 left. I'm sure stl will offer him something but I doubt we'll overpay for him

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mmmmmmmmk.

Dodgers would have offered $50mm.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no change in Sox roster, so Morales sticks

dumb,my opinion

tough decision either way. Thornton was a nightmare in the regular season and Morales in the playoffs.

Thornton gives up the hits and Morales just walks em. Let's hope we get at least 6 strong from all of our starters, and we reduce the pen to Breslow, Tazawa, and Uehara. I trust Workman much more than Morales.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need not school me on unions Brock. I pay about $ 60.00 to mo to be in mine, and, I get nothing for it. Why? I am the wrong skin color, my name does not end in the right consonant, and, as they only want to help those whos jobs are on the line.

someday, white caucasians will realize they really fucked themselves and their future offspring.:L