• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson rated by the so called experts

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Seattle was down 20 in the playoffs to Atlanta, Russell Wilson was under pressure. He had to score every possession. And guess what? He was pretty good, was he not?

He's under no pressure because his defense is good? Really? What about the fact that he was the most pressured QB in the league by opposing defenses? Does that pressure count?

And what about all the other players with great defenses? Did Jim McMahon have the second highest QB rating in NFL history? Trent Dilfer? How about 2005 Kyle Orton?

No. Of course not. Over the years we've heard every excuse in the book. At some point, can't you people just admit defeat and confess that Russell Wilson is really fucking good? Is it that hard?

Smart... I copied and pasted this on the main page where the article is... Powerful points... :10:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillip Rivers numbers last yr was off the chart.....VERY UNDERRATED

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivers finished 5th in yards, 5th in yds per attempt, 1st in completion %, 4th in TDs, 4th in QB Rating, and 6th in yards per game

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another thing people are forgetting is for 10-11 weeks last season Seattle had the #2 scoring offense in the NFL. The only reason it dropped was because in the last 6 weeks they played some of the best defenses in the NFL ( AZ, SF, NO ) and still finished #8 at 26.1 per game ( lucks offense was 24.4 )

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's beyond me how little love Rivers gets. :noidea:

He is not a leader of men. He is the biggest crybaby in the NFL, and is like the John McEnroe Of football. His team mates will get tired of it sooner or later.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A quarter of the season is not just a few games

Then let's cherry pick 4 games.

Peyton Manning.... Lost to NE...150 passing yds/2 TD's/1 Int
Lost to SD...289 passing yds/2 TD's/1 Int
Win against Wash...354 passing yds/4 TD's/3int's
Win against Jax......295 passing yds/2TD's/1Int

Tom Brady..Win against Jets.....185 passing yds/1 TD/0 Int
Win against Saints..269 passing yds/1 TD/1 Int
Lost to Bengals..197 passing yds/0 Td's/1 Int
Lost to Jets.......228 passing yds/0 Td's/1Int

The point is all QB's have a few bad games, just wanted to throw a couple of guys names at you.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what i find funny is how many people still believe Luck is better than Wilson. Not!

Its based on potential and how its assumed he be the next Peyton Manning blah blah. He definitely could be better and but I wouldnt say he is better right now. Other then passing yards Russell has better numbers far, especially in playoff games.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well it was suck for Luck, now its suck on Luck by the media lol.

this might shock some people but i would have a hard time taking Luck over Keap.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well it was suck for Luck, now its suck on Luck by the media lol.

this might shock some people but i would have a hard time taking Luck over Keap.

:laugh3: There trying there best to get him to Canton as quickly as possible...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: There trying there best to get him to Canton as quickly as possible...

it almost feels like they feel sorry for the Colts losing the FoH Manning so they want to make them feel good by gushing over Luck more than he deserves or has earned :laugh3:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a long write up but a really good one ......

Here's a fun & interesting comparison: 2013 Russell Wilson vs 1984 Joe Montana {SB season}. This was Montana's 5th season BTW.

Wilson: 101.2 Rating, 8.25 Y/A, 26 TDs [6.4%], 8 INTs [2.2%], 3896 total yards, 407 pass attempts, 4 4th qtr comebacks.

Montana: 102.9 Rating, 8.40 Y/A, 28 TDs [6.5%], 10 INT [2.3%], 3748 total yards, 432 pass attempts, 2 4th qtr comebacks.

It's a fun comparison b/c both QBs had the NFL's #1 D {Seattle: 14.4 ppg; San Fran: 14.1}. Interestingly enough, heading into the Super Bowl, Montana tossed 5 INTs in both playoff games with a 71.8 Passer Rating, meanwhile the Niner D allowed 10 points and 260 yards to the Giants and then 0 points and 186 yards to Chicago in the NFC Champ game. Montana wouldn't have even won a ring in '84 if not for his defense, meanwhile Wilson did nothing to jeopardize his team in the playoffs... but did in fact have a 4th quarter comeback against San Fran to win the NFC... and had three 4th quarter comebacks during the regular season, without which there'd have been no Seattle home field playoff advantage.

It's also a fun comparison b/c Montana was aided by a better ground game and significantly better pass protection. Niners boasted the #3 overall rushing offense: #3 in yards [2464], #2 Y/A [4.6], #2 TDs [21], 138 1st Downs. Meanwhile Seattle was roughly average last year: #4 in yards [2188], #12 Y/A [4.3], #13 TDs [14], #12 in 1st Down% [115 1st Downs], and #32 in short yardage (that's the success rate on 3rd down, 4th down, and goal line with 2 or less yards to go). Montana's offensive line featured 3 Pro Bowlers that year, as he was sacked just 22 times. Meanwhile Wilson had the NFL's worst protection and was sacked twice as much. Montana had a slightly better group of targets with Dwight Clark, Freddie Solomon, and Roger Craig.

I hear all this nonsensical whining that WIlson is overrated simply b/c his team had a great defense and decent ground game, so I guess that means we should denigrate Joe Montana while we're at it, as well as strip every other QB of their HOF honors who won SBs with the support of a top defense like Young, Aikman, Kelly, Bradshaw, Tarkenton, Griese, Dawson, and Starr.... and soon to be included Tom Brady who needed a great defense to win his 3 SBs. Favre won his lone SB with the #1 D, as did Theismann. Namath only went to the playoffs with a top 4 scoring & yardage D. Kurt Warner's lone SB title was with the #4 scoring D. Aaron Rodgers won his with the #2 D. People talk firmly about how Roethlisberger should be ahead of Wilson yet ignore the fact he won two SBs with the #1 & #3 D, lost a SB with the #1 D, and couldn't break .500 last year without a top defense [ranked 14th in scoring].

Hell, during Peyton Manning's lone SB season, Indy's defense bailed him out allowing 8 and 6 points in their opening two playoff games while Manning farted his way through 5 INTs and just 1 TD.... and then in the Super Bowl he accounted for just 7 of Indy's 29 points while his defense and special teams allowed 17. Five times did the great Dan Marino have a defense ranked 20th or worse; all five times did he fail to make the playoffs. Respectfully, some of you really have a fundamental problem understanding the dynamic of the game. Show me a great QB, a SB winning one at that, who wasn't aided by a great defense and I'll show you the exception, not the norm. Show me one who did it with terrible pass protection and a mediocre receiving cast and I'll show you possibly the second time it's occurred in the NFL, in company with none other than Russell Wilson.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's a fun & interesting comparison: 2013 Russell Wilson vs 1984 Joe Montana {SB season}. This was Montana's 5th season BTW.

Wilson: 101.2 Rating, 8.25 Y/A, 26 TDs [6.4%], 8 INTs [2.2%], 3896 total yards, 407 pass attempts, 4 4th qtr comebacks.

Montana: 102.9 Rating, 8.40 Y/A, 28 TDs [6.5%], 10 INT [2.3%], 3748 total yards, 432 pass attempts, 2 4th qtr comebacks.

It's a fun comparison b/c both QBs had the NFL's #1 D {Seattle: 14.4 ppg; San Fran: 14.1}. Interestingly enough, heading into the Super Bowl, Montana tossed 5 INTs in both playoff games with a 71.8 Passer Rating, meanwhile the Niner D allowed 10 points and 260 yards to the Giants and then 0 points and 186 yards to Chicago in the NFC Champ game. Montana wouldn't have even won a ring in '84 if not for his defense, meanwhile Wilson did nothing to jeopardize his team in the playoffs... but did in fact have a 4th quarter comeback against San Fran to win the NFC... and had three 4th quarter comebacks during the regular season, without which there'd have been no Seattle home field playoff advantage.

It's also a fun comparison b/c Montana was aided by a better ground game and significantly better pass protection. Niners boasted the #3 overall rushing offense: #3 in yards [2464], #2 Y/A [4.6], #2 TDs [21], 138 1st Downs. Meanwhile Seattle was roughly average last year: #4 in yards [2188], #12 Y/A [4.3], #13 TDs [14], #12 in 1st Down% [115 1st Downs], and #32 in short yardage (that's the success rate on 3rd down, 4th down, and goal line with 2 or less yards to go). Montana's offensive line featured 3 Pro Bowlers that year, as he was sacked just 22 times. Meanwhile Wilson had the NFL's worst protection and was sacked twice as much. Montana had a slightly better group of targets with Dwight Clark, Freddie Solomon, and Roger Craig.

I hear all this nonsensical whining that WIlson is overrated simply b/c his team had a great defense and decent ground game, so I guess that means we should denigrate Joe Montana while we're at it, as well as strip every other QB of their HOF honors who won SBs with the support of a top defense like Young, Aikman, Kelly, Bradshaw, Tarkenton, Griese, Dawson, and Starr.... and soon to be included Tom Brady who needed a great defense to win his 3 SBs. Favre won his lone SB with the #1 D, as did Theismann. Namath only went to the playoffs with a top 4 scoring & yardage D. Kurt Warner's lone SB title was with the #4 scoring D. Aaron Rodgers won his with the #2 D. People talk firmly about how Roethlisberger should be ahead of Wilson yet ignore the fact he won two SBs with the #1 & #3 D, lost a SB with the #1 D, and couldn't break .500 last year without a top defense [ranked 14th in scoring].

Hell, during Peyton Manning's lone SB season, Indy's defense bailed him out allowing 8 and 6 points in their opening two playoff games while Manning farted his way through 5 INTs and just 1 TD.... and then in the Super Bowl he accounted for just 7 of Indy's 29 points while his defense and special teams allowed 17. Five times did the great Dan Marino have a defense ranked 20th or worse; all five times did he fail to make the playoffs. Respectfully, some of you really have a fundamental problem understanding the dynamic of the game. Show me a great QB, a SB winning one at that, who wasn't aided by a great defense and I'll show you the exception, not the norm. Show me one who did it with terrible pass protection and a mediocre receiving cast and I'll show you possibly the second time it's occurred in the NFL, in company with none other than Russell Wilson.

:agree:

this post just bitch slapped so many "so called experts" that its just off the charts funny :laugh3:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell is Stafford considered so good by so many?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:10: I love it. Good find

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that Russell Wilson is ranked #20 on the NFL top 100, and people seem to dislike that, yet I don't recall (now it could be just me missing it a year later) this much ire toward the Joe Flacco at #19 last year.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAwks fans.

CHILL

It's is obivoius these "experts" no nothing.

I believe other than the top 4"We all know those are"; #5-15 are a jumble of good Qb's (flacco, Stafford, Dalton. cutler etc.). They see him as that. We see him as something different (honestly #6 on my list as Rivers is 5.)

But remember the last dynasty that was known for defense and people thought about there QB????