• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson rated by the so called experts

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks' Russell Wilson not yet a top-five NFL quarterback - NFL.com

Check out this Charlie Casserly and his ridiculous comment.... He'd take 12 qb's over Wilson right now... God that's just pure hating right there... You go right ahead Charlie... We'll keep Wilson... It's funny how these clowns totally ignore whether a qb panics or handles pressure well... THAT is a big deal when you have a leader out there...

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Hmmm... Rodgers, Brady, Peyton & Rivers are my top 4 (not necessarily in that order).

I think Wilson has surpassed Drew Brees at this point; at least I'd go w/ Wilson if I had to choose right now. But it'd be hard for me to put Wilson over a healthy Roethlisberger. Both are very different QBs, but both show up big in big moments (unlike a QB who will remain nameless).

And if Nick Foles proves his season wasn't a fluke, he could be an up-and-comer.

I think Wilson deserves top 7 status at worst. 5 at best IMO. Just an objective opinion from your friendly, neighbourhood Seahawk hater.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm... Rodgers, Brady, Peyton & Rivers are my top 4 (not necessarily in that order).

I think Wilson has surpassed Drew Brees at this point; at least I'd go w/ Wilson if I had to choose right now. But it'd be hard for me to put Wilson over a healthy Roethlisberger. Both are very different QBs, but both show up big in big moments (unlike a QB who will remain nameless).

And if Nick Foles proves his season wasn't a fluke, he could be an up-and-comer.

I think Wilson deserves top 7 status at worst. 5 at best IMO. Just an objective opinion from your friendly, neighbourhood Seahawk hater.

I have no argument putting him around that spot especially considering he's only going into his 3rd year.... I was just annoyed by dude saying he'd take 12 qb's ahead of Wilson right now.... To me that's not and opinion it's a hating remark .. These analysts just can't let go of the height thing... In there mind Wilson isn't the reason Seattle had any success... These clowns absolutely would a had Matt Flynn starting since day 1 ...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing too me is that these guys don't look at the overall body of work. It's just not about stats, it's about how well the offense is managed. Wilson will never have the stats of a Manning, Brees, or a Rodgers because of the heavy run game Pete Carroll has established. Yes, the defense plays a big part of our team, but Wilson has to guide the offense to score points. Lack of points equals lack of wins and obviously Wilson hasn't had to much trouble in that department.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say give us some more of the non believer stuff. Lot's more please. It's just a little more coal for the fire.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the haters hate..... I am still riding on the high of our team winning the Super Bowl. Seriously, there are going to be pundits out there that despise our team. Who's the super star? Wilson? Lynch? Sherman, Cam?

Yes, the names above have notched attention to the national media. However, from a fantasy football standpoint (which all the experts are concerned about) do any of our players rock the stats?

We as Seahawk fans know how much all our players contribute to the TEAM. F$^K all the haters out there.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On of those "experts" even said RW was behind Kaep on his list :lol:

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The moment I read he'd take Tony Romo before Wilson is when his whole argument fails to be worthy of discussion which is most likely why he had it last. I'm not going to disagree about Brady, Manning (Den), Brees or Rodgers only because they have done it for years if not a decade.

But there is no way I'd take Manning (NY), Flacco both turnover machines and have already proved they can't be reliable QB's. Great sure but week in week out like Wilson never. Matt Ryan and Luck fall into the same group of too many turnovers however I'm willing to wait and see for luck and Ryan can't seem to win the big game when needed.

I think the best part is how everyone says its early in Wilson career lets wait, defense are going to figure him out lets wait before calling him the best ever. (which I agree with but don't feel he's going to fall much if at all) yet nothing about Foles falling now that D's have had an entire off-season to watch him. I'd take Wilson who has proven more than Foles.

Anyways its clear he's never watch Seattle before the SuperBowl and like everyone else can't get over the D. (but if you watched the SB you'd see tight pass where only are WR could get. Clearly underrated for the game)

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all Charlie Casserly took David Carr No. 1 overall when he wa with the Texans. That alone makes me not care about how he rates QB's.

Second of all rating guys like Foles, Stafford and Eli Manning over him is laughable. I would hesitate to put him in the Top 5 but there is no way he isn't at least in the top 10. People say the defense wins the games but he has won games when he has needed to. I am thinking specifically of games such as (vs. New England @ Chicago, @ Washington and almost @ Atlanta in year 1) and (@Houston, Tampa Bay, vs. San Fran in year 2) where we would have lost if not for his play. And that's just off the top of my head, there's probably more.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson's rep as a quarterback gets hurt by the type of offense the Seahawks run. You'll notice that the quarterbacks who typically get listed among the best in the league are quarterbacks who get to throw the ball a lot and accumulate big stats in the process. The Seahawks threw the ball less than every other team except San Francisco, so Wilson didn't have the opportunity to put up the big numbers that guys like Manning, Brady and Brees routinely do. I get ranking those guys higher, though. They've been doing what they do for a decade or more and are clearly among the best quarterbacks to ever play. The guy benefiting the most from the affinity these list compilers have for high-volume passers is Andrew Luck. Luck and Wilson came into the league at the same time and Luck has more passing yards in that span, but that's about the only major stat where Luck has been better and you can directly correlate that to the disparity in pass attempts between the two. Luck has thrown 400 more passes than Wilson has, but Wilson has the better completion percentage, yards per attempt, touchdown passes and passer rating.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The moment I read he'd take Tony Romo before Wilson is when his whole argument fails to be worthy of discussion which is most likely why he had it last.

LOL! Very true. What is it with him choking on a consistant basis during the month of December? A CB playing in a Pop Warner league could pick him off.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russel Wilson has only played a couple of years and in a run first offense, so it doesn't surprise me to see folks doubt him.. They will end up being wrong of course, but give it a bit more time. They'll come a round.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russel Wilson has only played a couple of years and in a run first offense, so it doesn't surprise me to see folks doubt him.. They will end up being wrong of course, but give it a bit more time. They'll come a round.

This is why he's 12th on top of playing with the best defense in the league. He is a game manager and is job is to not lose the game for his team

12th sounds about right

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why he's 12th on top of playing with the best defense in the league. He is a game manager and is job is to not lose the game for his team

12th sounds about right

What a load of crap. In every way, Russell Wilson has been as good or better than anyone in the NFL. Not only has he had MASSIVE holes on his offense on the line and at WR, but he has 8 career 4th quarter comebacks and 10 game winning drives (2 of each in the playoffs as well). The biggest fallacy about Wilson's career is that he is asked to not lose the game, but really he's asked to win the game more than nearly anyone over the last 2 season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a load of crap. In every way, Russell Wilson has been as good or better than anyone in the NFL. Not only has he had MASSIVE holes on his offense on the line and at WR, but he has 8 career 4th quarter comebacks and 10 game winning drives (2 of each in the playoffs as well). The biggest fallacy about Wilson's career is that he is asked to not lose the game, but really he's asked to win the game more than nearly anyone over the last 2 season.

Seattle allowed 14 PPG which means all you need usually is 17 PPG to win which is nothing.

I would love to see how great Russel Wilson is if he didn't operate in a run first offense and if he played on a team that allowed 24 PPG instead of 14.

Say what you want but it's much easier to play on a team where you have a defense you can depend on. Other Qbs are under so much pressure because the defense is so bad that they feel like they must score points on every possesion

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle allowed 14 PPG which means all you need usually is 17 PPG to win which is nothing.

I would love to see how great Russel Wilson is if he didn't operate in a run first offense and if he played on a team that allowed 24 PPG instead of 14.

Say what you want but it's much easier to play on a team where you have a defense you can depend on. Other Qbs are under so much pressure because the defense is so bad that they feel like they must score points on every possesion

Different, yes, easier, no.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another talentless hack of a "journalist" going for sensationalism over substantive analysis

sadly, it almost always works

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When Seattle was down 20 in the playoffs to Atlanta, Russell Wilson was under pressure. He had to score every possession. And guess what? He was pretty good, was he not?

He's under no pressure because his defense is good? Really? What about the fact that he was the most pressured QB in the league by opposing defenses? Does that pressure count?

And what about all the other players with great defenses? Did Jim McMahon have the second highest QB rating in NFL history? Trent Dilfer? How about 2005 Kyle Orton?

No. Of course not. Over the years we've heard every excuse in the book. At some point, can't you people just admit defeat and confess that Russell Wilson is really fucking good? Is it that hard?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW can someone list the 12 QBs ahead of him? Haven't seen the list yet