• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson going to the Broncos

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of those guys were top tier QBs. Goff was a negative value QB when he was traded. Foles was a bad QB before and after a hot run with the Eagles. The Niners had some pretty terrible seasons.
You said pro bowl caliber……not top tier.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the same thing. Being a replacement for the Pro Bowl a few years ago doesn't really qualify.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, pro bowl caliber would mean they had made a pro bowl recently. Montana (2 years), Bledsoe (3 years), Goff (2 years) were all multiple season removed from playing pro bowl football - and Montana and Bledsoe were both traded after their replacements had already performed at a pro bowl level. It's been rare that a pro bowl QB is traded when there isn't even a plan in place for his replacement. You can say the Packers and Chiefs gambled and did alright with their heir apparents - but they at least had the replacement already in mind. This is a pretty unique situation where there isn't someone already planned to replace him.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so pissed right now I don't even know if I want to stay a Hawks fan.
Don't you think if he really wanted to stay in Seattle, he would've waived his no trade clause agreement? I'm thinking he was wanting out regardles so Seattle pulled the trigger now since they wouldn't had been able to extend him... Hard to be pissed and leave the Hawks over this if this is the case...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont disagree, I only said he would/could/should be traded
now everyone is shocked and unhappy
Not everyone... I was one saying I would be ok if we moved on from him.... But I am not going come in here and say, "I told you so"... It's a rough day for Hawk fans whether you wanted to see them trade RW or not...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, with the way we like to trade, I would be surprised if we're finished... I can't see Carroll at his age wanting to do a rebuild... It's no secret that Carroll has always spoke highly of Derek Carr... Just sayin'...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what'll happen to Lockett, Adams, Wagner, etc. now.

I mean you're basically blowing up the team at this point... keeping a couple guys.... but until you find a QB it's kind of bleh. I mean look at Denver, tons of talent but no QB.

So we're paying all this money to Lockett (who was resigned IMO to stay with Wilson) and then this massive trade for Adams to win with Wilson... which is now turning out to be a major bust of a trade and gave Adams all this money.... and now it's blown up?

Like do we trade Lockett/Adams? The annoying thing is we'd take HUGE dead cap, like WAY more than the savings we got from Wilson.

I kind of have no idea where our FO is going with these moves. Seems like they made some huge mistakes over the last couple years, and are now trying to fix it? But these are the exact same guys in the FO that are going to be making the new moves.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needed more in return.
Have ya seen Russ play the last 2 years? This is best they could get, teams are not stupid. We are not the only ones seeing a sharp decline in his play. Had to be done....

Reactions: MrS

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have ya seen Russ play the last 2 years? This is best they could get, teams are not stupid. We are not the only ones seeing a sharp decline in his play. Had to be done....
I suppose it was the best they could get, although Washington did offer more I hear and why not keep shopping him. Seahawks save if they had waited until June 1s or later.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose it was the best they could get, although Washington did offer more I hear and why not keep shopping him. Seahawks save if they had waited until June 1s or later.
with his no trade clause the market wasnt as big as it could have been, that had to have hurt the value we got in return. theres a good chance he said no to the commies.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with his no trade clause the market wasnt as big as it could have been, that had to have hurt the value we got in return. theres a good chance he said no to the commies.
Oh yeah I’m sure RW nixed that deal.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of have no idea where our FO is going with these moves. Seems like they made some huge mistakes over the last couple years, and are now trying to fix it? But these are the exact same guys in the FO that are going to be making the new moves.
they tried to go all in with the Adams trade, and it blew up on them.

now they are going to give it a 2-3 year rebuild and compete for a SB when Pete is 74-75.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they tried to go all in with the Adams trade, and it blew up on them.

now they are going to give it a 2-3 year rebuild and compete for a SB when Pete is 74-75.
Yes they went all in with Adams which was a fiasco and now have the draft capital to try for a quick rebuild.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they went all in with Adams which was a fiasco and now have the draft capital to try for a quick rebuild.
they have a proven formula that can win a SB and they have the ammo, they just have to not fuck it up.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just realized that the Broncos do come to Seattle next year. Will be tough to see Wilson in a different uniform. I hope Seattle fans have some class and don't boo him although I expect the stadium to be fairly empty next year unless we draft a QB with the 9th...

I've read Seattle likes Willis.... a lot of Willis' profile/game mirrors Wilson in a way. Likes the rollout, sideline throws, strong arm, can use athleticism to deal with the blitz. HOWEVER, like Wilson, takes unnecessary sacks, can struggle to read a defense and doesn't make the simple throws.

I mean I'm no expert and didn't watch every game the guy played (most highlights reading up on the draft) but he actually kind of has a lot of the same tendencies of Russell Wilson... he's just a younger/cheaper version of him.

But that said, you can read comparisons/watch footage all day. Just because there's similarities to Wilson does that mean he will be anything like him or develop into a HOF? No.... in fact it's a very rare chance he does.

All said, I think if they want any hope of keeping Lockett and Metcalf, they're going to need to draft a QB and fairly quick. If they do draft Willis, that clearly was part of the decision to move Wilson.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had 40 TD’s in 2020 and this year in his “worst” season was 25 TD’s to 6 picks and still had a QBR of 103. How is he declining?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had 40 TD’s in 2020 and this year in his “worst” season was 25 TD’s to 6 picks and still had a QBR of 103. How is he declining?
he has lost a lot of speed and athleticism and he struggles greatly to throw over the middle. his ability to escape is almost gone completely.
All said, I think if they want any hope of keeping Lockett and Metcalf, they're going to need to draft a QB and fairly quick. If they do draft Willis, that clearly was part of the decision to move Wilson.
seeing some mock drafts that have willis going top 3.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His mobility has went from great to mediocre