• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson going to the Broncos

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We went from hasselbeck to wilson, the drama queens here act like we are going to be right back to the behring era.

No, we didn't.

Hasselbeck -> Seneca Wallace -> Charlie Whitehurst -> Tarvaris Jackson -> (Matt Flynn) -> Russell Wilson

Convenient that you left out all the garbage in between.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on this is this trade can work really well if they don't pick a QB in this years draft. Build up the core team with this years picks, start Lock because he sucks ass and tank. Go after the top of the 2023 draft and go get Young out of Bama or Stroud from OSU. I hate losing Russ cause I still believe he has a lot of football left in him but it is what it is.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, we didn't.

Hasselbeck -> Seneca Wallace -> Charlie Whitehurst -> Tarvaris Jackson -> (Matt Flynn) -> Russell Wilson

Convenient that you left out all the garbage in between.
are you on crack? we went from Hasselbeck in 2010 (won a playoff game), one freaking year of Turdvaris in 2011, to Wilson in 2012.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on this is this trade can work really well if they don't pick a QB in this years draft. Build up the core team with this years picks, start Lock because he sucks ass and tank. Go after the top of the 2023 draft and go get Young out of Bama or Stroud from OSU. I hate losing Russ cause I still believe he has a lot of football left in him but it is what it is.

I haven't predicted many Seattle draft picks in recent years, but I wouldn't be surprised if they go Malik Willis from Liberty, at this point.

Apparently Seattle really liked him and to some degree he's almost a spitting image of Wilson. Elusiveness with legs, strong arm, likes the sideline throws against safeties, strong/larger hands, can improvise/sustain drives that breakdown... has a lot of the weaknesses though. Doesn't operate well in the pocket (likes roll outs/playaction), some accuracy issues, doesn't read defenses great and lacks some vision (prob. due to 6'0 height), and takes unnecessary sacks.

So yah... if Seattle is looking to replace Wilson with the closest thing, Willis would be the answer at least right now. Obviously Willis is a) much cheaper, and b) more athletic than Wilson just given age so there's some upside there... but a LOT of unknowns.

That said, if we end up drafting him I'd have to assume that was part of the consideration. I mean is Willis going to do what Wilson did earlier in his career or end up as a HOFer? Probably not. If it were that easy to pick a QB with Wilson's success everyone would do it. Wilson also walked into a pretty incredible defense and running game that worked 10 years ago. So yah.

Eh we'll see in a month and a half. Lock/Smith are probably going to be kept around as 'competition' if they do draft Willis, and then one will be cut.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you on crack? we went from Hasselbeck in 2010 (won a playoff game), one freaking year of Turdvaris in 2011, to Wilson in 2012.
Apparently.

Point is though even after drafting Wilson, there was no general thought that he was any more of the next franchise QB than anyone I listed. You make it seem like it's easy to just get an all time great QB anytime you want. Reality says otherwise.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard seeing Russ get traded, but I don't see this as an intentional rebuild. Pete is too old to make that play, there's more to this move and see Pete going back to what got him to the SB. I would expect investing heavily for Clint Hurt and this defense, Penny is brought back with the plan to pound the rock, and obtain a game manager at QB. When Russ was allowed to Cook he burned down the kitchen, he was perfect for the way Pete wants the QB to play but Russ isn't interested. Plus a massive contract looms for him next year that the Hawks just weren't willing to pay, the writing was on the wall. I don't expect this to be the last of the moves, especially at QB. My guess is we make a push for Tyler Huntley, that's who I want; kid can ball.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had 40 TD’s in 2020 and this year in his “worst” season was 25 TD’s to 6 picks and still had a QBR of 103. How is he declining?

I suppose it was the best they could get, although Washington did offer more I hear and why not keep shopping him. Seahawks save if they had waited until June 1s or later.
I was hoping for 3 number ones.....

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't predicted many Seattle draft picks in recent years, but I wouldn't be surprised if they go Malik Willis from Liberty, at this point.

Apparently Seattle really liked him and to some degree he's almost a spitting image of Wilson. Elusiveness with legs, strong arm, likes the sideline throws against safeties, strong/larger hands, can improvise/sustain drives that breakdown... has a lot of the weaknesses though. Doesn't operate well in the pocket (likes roll outs/playaction), some accuracy issues, doesn't read defenses great and lacks some vision (prob. due to 6'0 height), and takes unnecessary sacks.

So yah... if Seattle is looking to replace Wilson with the closest thing, Willis would be the answer at least right now. Obviously Willis is a) much cheaper, and b) more athletic than Wilson just given age so there's some upside there... but a LOT of unknowns.

That said, if we end up drafting him I'd have to assume that was part of the consideration. I mean is Willis going to do what Wilson did earlier in his career or end up as a HOFer? Probably not. If it were that easy to pick a QB with Wilson's success everyone would do it. Wilson also walked into a pretty incredible defense and running game that worked 10 years ago. So yah.

Eh we'll see in a month and a half. Lock/Smith are probably going to be kept around as 'competition' if they do draft Willis, and then one will be cut.
Unable to read defenses with his inaccurate passing too me spells doom. Russ had all that but his only knock was his size. Now combine those issues plus lack of size I feel is a disaster waiting to happen. Just pass on Willis and the rest and lets have 1 throw away year for a brighter future.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me right now

Sad Sterling K Brown GIF by This Is Us

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard seeing Russ get traded, but I don't see this as an intentional rebuild. Pete is too old to make that play, there's more to this move and see Pete going back to what got him to the SB. I would expect investing heavily for Clint Hurt and this defense, Penny is brought back with the plan to pound the rock, and obtain a game manager at QB. When Russ was allowed to Cook he burned down the kitchen, he was perfect for the way Pete wants the QB to play but Russ isn't interested. Plus a massive contract looms for him next year that the Hawks just weren't willing to pay, the writing was on the wall. I don't expect this to be the last of the moves, especially at QB. My guess is we make a push for Tyler Huntley, that's who I want; kid can ball.

I think it is entirely possible that PC has convinced himself that he can win with any QB and that he made Russ.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is entirely possible that PC has convinced himself that he can win with any QB and that he made Russ.
More like Pete has done a full on rebuilt once successfully and feels he can do it again. No he doesn't think he can do it with any QB, knows he needs a good one.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like Pete has done a full on rebuilt once successfully and feels he can do it again. No he doesn't think he can do it with any QB, knows he needs a good one.

We'll see.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unable to read defenses with his inaccurate passing too me spells doom. Russ had all that but his only knock was his size. Now combine those issues plus lack of size I feel is a disaster waiting to happen. Just pass on Willis and the rest and lets have 1 throw away year for a brighter future.

I mean yah, dunno. I think Ridder could also be a possibility (out of Cincy). Likely a 2nd day prospect but will probably go in the 2nd round. He's got more size than Willis.

Either way, I think they have someone in the draft they like because the trigger was pulled on this after all the combine/interviewing was done. I think there's someone specific they want.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, I think they have someone in the draft they like because the trigger was pulled on this after all the combine/interviewing was done. I think there's someone specific they want.

Today is the last day of the 2021 NFL season. That's most likely the cause of the timing.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean yah, dunno. I think Ridder could also be a possibility (out of Cincy). Likely a 2nd day prospect but will probably go in the 2nd round. He's got more size than Willis.

You might be right they like someone in the draft but I think the bigger issue was Rodger's mega contract that the Hawks know they couldn't afford to give Russ.