• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson going to the Broncos

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The goal is to win the SB, agreed. Here is the list of SB winners since our victory in SB48:
  1. Matt Stafford
  2. Tom Brady
  3. Patrick Mahomes
  4. Tom Brady
  5. Nick Foles (Carson Wentz played most of the season and was an MVP candidate until injury)
  6. Tom Brady
  7. Peyton Manning
  8. Tom Brady
So you have the GOAT and other guys who were either #1 overall picks and/or league MVP (exception with Eagles, but again Wentz was the #1 overall pick and MVP candidate that year).

Speaking of Wentz, he's being traded to the football team formerly known as the football team, news breaking as I type.
Now look at it this way......you have the goat x4, two hired guns after the team was built (Manning and Stafford), Mahomes on a rookie deal and the outlier in Foles.

It's almost like you should build a team first and then bring in a QB to top it off.......or have the GOAT, which Wilson isn't.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now look at it this way......you have the goat x4, two hired guns after the team was built (Manning and Stafford), Mahomes on a rookie deal and the outlier in Foles.

It's almost like you should build a team first and then bring in a QB to top it off.......or have the GOAT, which Wilson isn't.

That's is true. It is possible to build a roster and then slip a QB in, but the Seahawks will have to hit on nearly everything they do this coming season - and then hit on the QB as well if they do this. It is possible. We'll just have to see if they do it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been plenty of really good QBs that ended up on organizations that were not that great so never had the success in the playoffs. QBs get to much credit for success and to much blame for failure. I'm going to be optimist about the Seahawks future and truely feel excited about the possibilities.

That's fine. I can respect that some fans will be optimistic. I prefer to be optimstic whenever I can be. Honestly I would be a lot more optimistic about our future if we got rid of PC and Russ. But I just don't see why there is any reason to expect better results with Pete still behind the wheel.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Part of the problem is that Super Bowl champion is a small sample size. QB is the most important position on the field, by far, but the other 45 guys matter as well.

The Packers SHOULD have at least 2 or 3 more SB appearances. 2012 when they were 15-1 and lost because they had 3 lost fumbles. 2014 when they lost because of an onside kick recovery. They have been the 1 seed for the past 2 years as well.

Winning in the playoffs is hard. The margin of separation is tiny between the top teams.

Having a top tier QB gives you a chance. You still need other things to go right as well. But not having a top tier QB makes it much much harder.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the problem is that Super Bowl champion is a small sample size. QB is the most important position on the field, by far, but the other 45 guys matter as well.

The Packers SHOULD have at least 2 or 3 more SB appearances. 2012 when they were 15-1 and lost because they had 3 lost fumbles. 2014 when they lost because of an onside kick recovery. They have been the 1 seed for the past 2 years as well.

Winning in the playoffs is hard. The margin of separation is tiny between the top teams.

Having a top tier QB gives you a chance. You still need other things to go right as well. But not having a top tier QB makes it much much harder.
It's also difficult to win without a top tier defense.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really know what to say about the trade, honestly. I think the return was fine, but what direction are the Seahawks going in?

On the one hand they look like they're rebuilding, but are they rebuilding with a 71 year old head coach? What's the point in that? You know Carroll wants no part of a rebuild. I have to assume they must think they can land Deshaun Watson or something, I can't really imagine starting a rebuild with Carroll running the show.

But even if we landed Deshaun Watson, we're back at square one with a younger QB and a roster littered with holes.

Right now after trading Wilson, I honestly think their best course of action would be trading everyone we can get a pick for, starting Lock at QB, tanking for a high pick in 2022 and then drafting a new franchise QB.

I'm probably not the only one who feels this way right now, but imagine if we hadn't traded for Jamal Adams. It's hard to look at the two first rounders we received for Wilson and not compare it to what we gave up for Jamal Adams.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks looking at trading for deshaun watson
This just puts us back at square one with a younger QB.

We'd have to sacrifice what we received for Wilson + more, we'd have Watson and a roster with more holes than swiss cheese.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really know what to say about the trade, honestly. I think the return was fine, but what direction are the Seahawks going in?

On the one hand they look like they're rebuilding, but are they rebuilding with a 71 year old head coach? What's the point in that? You know Carroll wants no part of a rebuild. I have to assume they must think they can land Deshaun Watson or something, I can't really imagine starting a rebuild with Carroll running the show.

But even if we landed Deshaun Watson, we're back at square one with a younger QB and a roster littered with holes.

Right now after trading Wilson, I honestly think their best course of action would be trading everyone we can get a pick for, starting Lock at QB, tanking for a high pick in 2022 and then drafting a new franchise QB.

I'm probably not the only one who feels this way right now, but imagine if we hadn't traded for Jamal Adams. It's hard to look at the two first rounders we received for Wilson and not compare it to what we gave up for Jamal Adams.

Very much with you and seems like what they're doing... but why the hell is Carroll rebuilding? And everything is now driven around offensive coaches.

Wilson gone, Wagner gone, I would not be shocked at all if we see a trade for Lockett (and eat the dead cap) or Jamal Adams for that point (and eat that as well). They gave Adams and Lockett big contracts... (not to mention draft picks for Adams) and then the plan was to BLOW it all up anyway?

So to me that screams the plan failed or they didn't have a plan, so not putting a lot of faith into them rebuilding a successful one now.

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh sure. It can happen. But it's like the guy using the lottery for his retirement strategy.
A 90 year old man won a million off a 10 dollar scratcher the other day in my town, this is not to say you’re wrong but damn some people are lucky.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the one hand they look like they're rebuilding, but are they rebuilding with a 71 year old head coach? What's the point in that? You know Carroll wants no part of a rebuild
Some are obsessed with Carroll age, but he's not a athlete where age matters and he's not senile. Listening to him speak and he seems sharp as ever. Yeah I'm sure doing a rebuild wasn't what he wanted but just running out the same collection and watching groundhog day again just wasn't desirable either. I think a rebuild just needed to happen, would of been nice if a rebuild could be done while keeping RW but just wasn't any viable trade chip other then RW to start a rebuild. Now the rebuild is off with some actual ammo to make it work.

• Round 1 (ninth overall, from Denver)
  • Round 2 (41st overall)
  • Round 2 (64th overall, from Denver)
  • Round 3 (74th overall)
  • Round 4 (106th overall)
  • Round 5 (151st overall)
  • Round 5 (from Denver)
  • Round 7 (227th overall)

2 first round picks ( and the Seahawk pick should be a early one)
2 second round picks ( again the Seahawks pick will be a early one)

Fant and Harris fit a rebuilding roster.

142 million in cap space in 2023

Yes the team has to make good choices with picks and cap space, but I for one believe having early picks make that more likely to happen. This is how you rebuild properly.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some are obsessed with Carroll age, but he's not a athlete where age matters and he's not senile. Listening to him speak and he seems sharp as ever. Yeah I'm sure doing a rebuild wasn't what he wanted but just running out the same collection and watching groundhog day again just wasn't desirable either. I think a rebuild just needed to happen, would of been nice if a rebuild could be done while keeping RW but just wasn't any viable trade chip other then RW to start a rebuild. Now the rebuild is off with some actual ammo to make it work.

• Round 1 (ninth overall, from Denver)
  • Round 2 (41st overall)
  • Round 2 (64th overall, from Denver)
  • Round 3 (74th overall)
  • Round 4 (106th overall)
  • Round 5 (151st overall)
  • Round 5 (from Denver)
  • Round 7 (227th overall)

2 first round picks ( and the Seahawk pick should be a early one)
2 second round picks ( again the Seahawks pick will be a early one)

Fant and Harris fit a rebuilding roster.

142 million in cap space in 2023

Yes the team has to make good choices with picks and cap space, but I for one believe having early picks make that more likely to happen. This is how you rebuild properly.

Pretty sure it's pick #40 not #64

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be clear, my biggest issue with Carroll's age isn't that he's not capable of doing the job. It's that he's not capable of adapting philosophies to the game today.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear, my biggest issue with Carroll's age isn't that he's not capable of doing the job. It's that he's not capable of adapting philosophies to the game today.
I know some want a offense more like the Chiefs and less like the Titans or 49ers or Ravens but they all can be effective. I personally favor a run heavy offense but that's not for everyone.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some want a offense more like the Chiefs and less like the Titans or 49ers or Ravens but they all can be effective. I personally favor a run heavy offense but that's not for everyone.

Honestly, I don't really care what offense we run. Just as long as it fits the personnel. That goes doubly for the defense.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't really care what offense we run. Just as long as it fits the personnel. That goes doubly for the defense.
I think we go back to our roots, power running game, stout defense, play action deep passing game.
A lot of people are going to complain about it.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we go back to our roots, power running game, stout defense, play action deep passing game.
A lot of people are going to complain about it.

That would be you, since you were the one who complained about the offense constantly when we ran that offense.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be you, since you were the one who complained about the offense constantly when we ran that offense.

I complained about bad play calls, like going i formation and handing off to the FB right before the end of the half.

Or throwing on 2nd and goal with 2 time outs and 35 seconds left to end the SB

Or generally any of the retarded shit bevell did

I never complained about the fundamentals of the offense.