• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Vikings didn't overpay for Sam Bradford...

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
new NFC east? Am i missing something?

NFC East until Dallas's recent turnaround was the doorknob division winner in the playoffs except the year the giants won it. Everyone else was one and done since 09(and was one and done against the first non-divisional opponent that season).

While not a merry go round division, NFC North looks to go one and done in the playoffs if Minnesota wins division. If GB wins division then depends who they play. They can't beat the giants(the game this season was close) and maybe not the saints(their improved defense could give Rodgers problems) but don't think redskins, falcons, cardinals, or vikings themselves would do much against them in the tundra.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC East until Dallas's recent turnaround was the doorknob division winner in the playoffs except the year the giants won it. Everyone else was one and done since 09(and was one and done against the first non-divisional opponent that season).

While not a merry go round division, NFC North looks to go one and done in the playoffs if Minnesota wins division. If GB wins division then depends who they play. They can't beat the giants(the game this season was close) and maybe not the saints(their improved defense could give Rodgers problems) but don't think redskins, falcons, cardinals, or vikings themselves would do much against them in the tundra.

So you are 12.

got it.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I just see what I see. How does GB or Minnesota get to a SB anytime soon with their issues? Personally GB's defense is not ever gonna be better than someone else's in the NFC each year. If Atl or NO don't go to the sb(one of them is winning the south and could avoid Seattle in divisional), then the packers will have given up their turn for the NFC East. They screwed up this season and unless they are able to hold onto the third seed they could be having another west coast trip against a team with a first round bye which is a automatic elimination.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...so with the aspirations of this team many of you think going into the season with Shaun Hill was a good idea?

Before you say they could go get somebody for less, how about letting us know who and for what...
For starters they should have just stayed with Hill, rather that trade a 1ST for an injury prone Bradford.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For starters they should have just stayed with Hill, rather that trade a 1ST for an injury prone Bradford.

Thank you Captain Hindsight. Were you saying that when they were at 5-0? I certainly wasn't. Although I was against the trade at first because of how much we had to give up.

And Bradford has played well lately. He's 62 of 79 in his last two games, both losses. He's not the reason the Vikings are slumping.

If he does get hurt, which is entirely possible behind this O-Line, it's over, because Shawn F-ing Hill certainly isn't the answer.

Ok, done with my rant.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Captain Hindsight. Were you saying that when they were at 5-0? I certainly wasn't. Although I was against the trade at first because of how much we had to give up.

And Bradford has played well lately. He's 62 of 79 in his last two games, both losses. He's not the reason the Vikings are slumping.

If he does get hurt, which is entirely possible behind this O-Line, it's over, because Shawn F-ing Hill certainly isn't the answer.

Ok, done with my rant.
I said it when the trade was made.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings are going to miss the playoffs BECAUSE of Sam Bradford.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were desperate and they have a good defense. I give credit to the GM for making a move and at least trying to do the right thing. If this was the Packers we just go with our second stringer and suck ass even more.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were desperate and they have a good defense. I give credit to the GM for making a move and at least trying to do the right thing. If this was the Packers we just go with our second stringer and suck ass even more.

At the time of the trade they had a run game. They felt they just needed to get another good QB. And Bradford is good. Not great but good. You can't think about it like they were trading for a hall of famer. They were replacing another good not great QB in Bridgewater.
Looking at the team they have now it wasn't a good trade but at the time Bradford was a good replacement for Bridgewater. And they felt that with Bridgewater they had a chance at the SuperBowl.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Norv Turner's outdated offensive schemes
-2 picks on the entire year
-They lost AP
-The Vikings’ offensive line has been one of the poorer units in football over the past couple of seasons, particularly at the tackle spots

How is this losing streak Bradford's fault again?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does any quarterback get more excuses made for him than Bradford? Some gullible team will give this clown another undeserved big contract even though he never really earned anything besides being called fragile or lucky, and their fans will eat it up like hot cakes. But most important you have to make sure his feelings are not hurt by naming him the starter for life and emphasize that there is no quarterback competition

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Norv Turner's outdated offensive schemes
-2 picks on the entire year
-They lost AP
-The Vikings’ offensive line has been one of the poorer units in football over the past couple of seasons, particularly at the tackle spots

How is this losing streak Bradford's fault again?

5-0 didn't hear much, now the excuses come rolling in.

Bottom line is he cost today's game, he threw the clutch interception to lose the game