• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Vikings didn't overpay for Sam Bradford...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stupid football statements followed by name calling tends to jog my memory.

horrible is still a piss poor adjective to describe Bradford's play...was then and is now

My turn....besides Viking fans, who do you keep referring to when you post about lofty expectations?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is fair to say Bradford has not been horrible. He has been totally adequate. That said, they traded a first round pick for a guy who is no better than Teddy Bridgewater, and older. So if they don't win this year, it was a bad trade, bottom line.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 486.81
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...so with the aspirations of this team many of you think going into the season with Shaun Hill was a good idea?

Before you say they could go get somebody for less, how about letting us know who and for what...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...so with the aspirations of this team many of you think going into the season with Shaun Hill was a good idea?

Before you say they could go get somebody for less, how about letting us know who and for what...

Would Hill have been able to get the team to a win the last 4 weeks? No. But neither could Sam.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 486.81
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Hill have been able to get the team to a win the last 4 weeks? No. But neither could Sam.
That's easy to say, but go back to Sept 1 or whenever and then ask what would be the best course of action. It's easy to judge this now. Going back to then, I understand why they made this deal, it's not difficult to see why. They knew the price was steep...but their situation called for them to pay up...it is what it is

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's easy to say, but go back to Sept 1 or whenever and then ask what would be the best course of action. It's easy to judge this now. Going back to then, I understand why they made this deal, it's not difficult to see why. They knew the price was steep...but their situation called for them to pay up...it is what it is

Going back to then I wouldn't look at Bradford and say "we need to spend a 1st round pick to rent this guy for a year".

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 486.81
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going back to then I wouldn't look at Bradford and say "we need to spend a 1st round pick to rent this guy for a year".
So just playing with Hill was a good idea, in your opinion?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just playing with Hill was a good idea, in your opinion?

Didn't say that. I said they paid too much for Bradford.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stupid football statements followed by name calling tends to jog my memory.

horrible is still a piss poor adjective to describe Bradford's play...was then and is now

My turn....besides Viking fans, who do you keep referring to when you post about lofty expectations?

It was a hyperbolic statement in response to another hyperbolic statement. Move on with your life.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 486.81
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say that. I said they paid too much for Bradford.
I think they gave up too much also, but I understand why they did. They thought they were there and ready to take the next step. They needed a competent QB that could make a play when needed to get them over the top and felt he was the guy that could do that. We can say they paid too much now, that's easy. We now know their OL is in shambles, their D can't do it all by themselves, AD is on the shelf and they have no run game, and the list goes on. From their point of view back then, they paid the price they had to pay to get the QB they felt they needed, so they did it. Things don't always work out...and so far it hasn't...but that could change too

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 486.81
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing... If they're going to continue to spend 1st round pick after 1st round pick on a WR, then it doesn't make that price look all that bad... Harvin, Patterson, Rice, Treadwell, and I recall at least 1 other that didn't give them the Randy Moss production they've been trying to get since he left... in then end, the total deal is far from over and all of the production both sides get hasn't been weighed...or don't get for that matter

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they gave up too much also, but I understand why they did. They thought they were there and ready to take the next step. They needed a competent QB that could make a play when needed to get them over the top and felt he was the guy that could do that. We can say they paid too much now, that's easy. We now know their OL is in shambles, their D can't do it all by themselves, AD is on the shelf and they have no run game, and the list goes on. From their point of view back then, they paid the price they had to pay to get the QB they felt they needed, so they did it. Things don't always work out...and so far it hasn't...but that could change too

Very true. All along the question has been if they overpaid. I said that unless they win it all this year, then they did. There are any number of QB's out there that can lead them to a playoff miss.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings are lucky to be in what is now known as the new NFC east. Nobody is close to getting to a SB.