• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Vikings didn't overpay for Sam Bradford...

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford looked better in overtime yesterday than he has all year.

Such a ringing endorsement being on the sidelines watching the Lions game winning drive being better than he has played all year :noidea:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put the post game fan call in radio show from KFAN on my phone to listen to see how the loss was being talked about.

The idea was brought up several times by those with knowledge of the Viking team that Bridgewater will never play for the Vikings again and that Bradford is the guy for the next 5 years or so
Well thats good news for the rest of the NFCN

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put the post game fan call in radio show from KFAN on my phone to listen to see how the loss was being talked about.

The idea was brought up several times by those with knowledge of the Viking team that Bridgewater will never play for the Vikings again and that Bradford is the guy for the next 5 years or so

I think it's more likely that the Vikings draft a QB and Sam gets maybe one more year to bridge to that QB (or a returning Bridgewater). He's going to want more money on his next contract than I would assume the Vikings would pay.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing well and leading a team to wins are two very different things. When Bradford was traded for, his supporters said that they'd win BECAUSE of Bradford. Now that they look as if the wheels are coming off... Well, thats BECAUSE of everyone else.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe the Bridgewater part

Impossible to say on Bradford right now..

Id actually be very surprised if after the Vikings draft an Olineman, that they don't draft a QB with one of their higher picks

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing well and leading a team to wins are two very different things. When Bradford was traded for, his supporters said that they'd win BECAUSE of Bradford. Now that they look as if the wheels are coming off... Well, thats BECAUSE of everyone else.

LOL

Well said

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the Bridgewater part

Impossible to say on Bradford right now..

Id actually be very surprised if after the Vikings draft an Olineman, that they don't draft a QB with one of their higher picks
Realistically they're going to need a RB too. AP at that cap number is impossibly stupid with his age.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is I don't see Bradford as a climb on my back, and I'll carry you player.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically they're going to need a RB too. AP at that cap number is impossibly stupid with his age.

In todays' NFL, I think if you don't have a shot at the special back, like a Zeke, you either wait, or suffer without a great one

Even the Rams may already be paying for drafting Gurley so high

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About time. Did you see what Case Keenum did to the Lions in Detroit? 27/32 for 321 yards 3 TDs and 1 costly INT and 1 rushing TD.

I guess since Sam went 31/40 for 273 and 1 TD, this makes Keenum a BEAST!
:L

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which IMO is why they went all in this year. The conversation was "Well we finally have a defense but we suck at QB, WR, RB, and OL now with injuries. Let see if we can go all in and limp to a SB win with this defense".

This was an all in move, and it's not working. That's why I am thinking they overpaid, just as I said from the beginning. If they win it all, the price is worth it. If they lose this year but he leads them to a win next year, it was worth it.

Otherwise it is an overpay.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which IMO is why they went all in this year. The conversation was "Well we finally have a defense but we suck at QB, WR, RB, and OL now with injuries. Let see if we can go all in and limp to a SB win with this defense".

This was an all in move, and it's not working. That's why I am thinking they overpaid, just as I said from the beginning. If they win it all, the price is worth it. If they lose this year but he leads them to a win next year, it was worth it.

Didn't AP go down after the trade?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

funny the play this topic has received and you're right. The missed kick last year from playoff advancement, their belief in the defense, and AP in your backfield made it an all in move. I think teams still play for the coming season and will do such things when they think their right there as a team. It now appears they totally misevaluated their oline personal. Hindsight remains 20/20. All I knew then and know now is Bradford is not a horrible QB. He's not necessarily good but Vince Young, Tim Tebow horrible he's not. The guy as NFL passer skills and like most all QB's I've seen, needs time to set his feet and throw the football.

Timing is everything!! Philly was in the right situation at the right time.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just surprised he hasn't been hurt yet.

sam-bradford-stunned-press-conference.png

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade is looking so good for us right now.