• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Vikings didn't overpay for Sam Bradford...

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford has never been a good QB but he just takes the easy dink donks that the defense gives him in screens and check downs.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford has never been a good QB but he just takes the easy dink donks that the defense gives him in screens and check downs.

This always makes me laugh when people say this about Bradford. He really has never had a WR in his career to stretch the field? one exception was Chris Givens in STL and I believe Bradford set a record with 5 straight games with a 50 yard or longer pass play connecting with him. NFL Teams respect his arm strength and accuracy so they give him the short stuff because they don't want to get burned deep which you are seeing now in Minnesota because he has a couple weapons he can go too. Also the Dink Dunk people want to talk like its some kinda comp out. The truth is you have to be very accurate passer to be successful at it. Hitting WR's in stride and location. A lot of QB's are not capable of doing it on a consistent basises and they force the ball downfield and get picked. A 5 yard pass counts the same as a 5 yard run the last time I checked.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am sorry but this is just stupid. For the record a good QB will always takes what the defense gives you. A QB that always forces the ball will eventually be unemployed QB. I am not a fan of dink and dunk but it is the staple playbook for any offense built on the WCO system. Offensively the Vikes are not a powerhouse without AP. The Vikes success is predicated on how well the defense does.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, do the Vikings trade TB for a 2nd rounder to make up for the lost pick? Miami on Line 1...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, do the Vikings trade TB for a 2nd rounder to make up for the lost pick? Miami on Line 1...

I find this will be a fascinating story in the offseason. Say Bradford wins a couple playoff games this year maybe loses in the NFCCG what do the Vikes do? from what they are saying now TB won't be ready till after camp next year. My guess is Bradford will be the QB next year while TB gets healthy. then the Vikes will be able to trade one of them. which one will be the question. Bradford is still only 28. It will cost you more then a 2nd round pick though.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This always makes me laugh when people say this about Bradford. He really has never had a WR in his career to stretch the field? one exception was Chris Givens in STL and I believe Bradford set a record with 5 straight games with a 50 yard or longer pass play connecting with him. NFL Teams respect his arm strength and accuracy so they give him the short stuff because they don't want to get burned deep which you are seeing now in Minnesota because he has a couple weapons he can go too. Also the Dink Dunk people want to talk like its some kinda comp out. The truth is you have to be very accurate passer to be successful at it. Hitting WR's in stride and location. A lot of QB's are not capable of doing it on a consistent basises and they force the ball downfield and get picked. A 5 yard pass counts the same as a 5 yard run the last time I checked.

Because that style (dink and dunk) means that you have to be perfect to win. Matt Hasselbeck was a really good short to medium QB. He SUCKED throwing deep, so next to no big chunk plays, even when sometimes the WR's would be wide open.

That can get you to a Superbowl even, but sadly, not win one (unless everything goes PERFECTLY).

Now I'll admit that my perception of Bradford may be skewed, since almost all the games I watched him play were vs the Seahawks, who usually got decent pressure, but I don't remember him hitting chunk plays either.

Maybe the Viking will get to the Superbowl like Hass did in '05.

Certainly their D is better than that Seattle teams was.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because that style (dink and dunk) means that you have to be perfect to win. Matt Hasselbeck was a really good short to medium QB. He SUCKED throwing deep, so next to no big chunk plays, even when sometimes the WR's would be wide open.

That can get you to a Superbowl even, but sadly, not win one (unless everything goes PERFECTLY).

Now I'll admit that my perception of Bradford may be skewed, since almost all the games I watched him play were vs the Seahawks, who usually got decent pressure, but I don't remember him hitting chunk plays either.

Maybe the Viking will get to the Superbowl like Hass did in '05.

Certainly their D is better than that Seattle teams was.

Bradford throws a great deep ball when he has time. He can make any throw. That is why teams have no problem giving up picks to get him.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford throws a great deep ball when he has time. He can make any throw. That is why teams have no problem giving up picks to get him.

Right, and that's a pretty big condition. Because the thing I remember about him a LOT vs the Hawks was happy feet, and not being willing to stand in and deliver if the rush was around him. And not even really needing to blast him, but just get NEAR him to make him nervous.

Given the Vikes lack of a running game, as they play stronger squads, playoffs particularly, he's going to have to take some abuse, and stand in there.

Maybe he'll do it.

I didn't see it in 2 games every year for years.

Admittedly, I saw few Rams games vs other teams, and haven't yet watched a Vikes game this season.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, and that's a pretty big condition. Because the thing I remember about him a LOT vs the Hawks was happy feet, and not being willing to stand in and deliver if the rush was around him. And not even really needing to blast him, but just get NEAR him to make him nervous.

Given the Vikes lack of a running game, as they play stronger squads, playoffs particularly, he's going to have to take some abuse, and stand in there.

Maybe he'll do it.

I didn't see it in 2 games every year for years.

Admittedly, I saw few Rams games vs other teams, and haven't yet watched a Vikes game this season.

The Vikes have the 3rd worst Oline in the NFL. He has taken some massive shots this season already. Ironically the only two teams with worst Olines are the Rams and Seahawks. Watch the video you will see him stand in there and take a big time shot as he delivers a perfect pass for a TD.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he got absolutely lit up by Mercelus sp? of Houston, slammed to the turf with a wicked head snap , but not before standing in and delivering an on target throw to J Wright on 3rd down for a 1st down, got right back up

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe its just that Bradford cant play in Philly? :noidea:

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he didn't well but the Eagles D showed up and gave the Vikes protection fits

Yea and me being the homer played the Packer D this week against the Bears thinking that may be better than using my other team the Eagles against the Vikes

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea and me being the homer played the Packer D this week against the Bears thinking that may be better than using my other team the Eagles against the Vikes

Benched my Eagles D this week... But for the Giants D. So not bad. lol

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was expected to shoulder the load against a good defense and he couldn't rise to the occasion. It's why he won't do squat come January

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same ol' Sammy as far as i could tell.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was expected to shoulder the load against a good defense and he couldn't rise to the occasion. It's why he won't do squat come January

did you watch the game? his O line and overall protection was shit today.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 445.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you watch the game? his O line and overall protection was shit today.
...and that will change in Jan, how?