• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Vikings didn't overpay for Sam Bradford...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you watch the game? his O line and overall protection was shit today.

I did watch the game. And yeah, the line played poorly, but Bradford didn't do them any favors by failing to recognize the blitz, pick up free rushers, work the count, etc. Good pass rushers is exactly what he'll see in the playoffs. He needs to compensate for bad Oline play, not compound it.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really weird how these people told us the first part of the season wasn't enough to say the Vikings are good but 1 loss tells the whole story.

No that's not weird. Double standards are the MO of message boards.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game doesn't tell the whole story of the Vikings. But it does speak volumes to how Bradford performs in adverse conditions.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game doesn't tell the whole story of the Vikings. But it does speak volumes to how Bradford performs in adverse conditions.

I'm not shocked to see people jump on Bradford after a poor game. I'm trying to think of a QB in league history that didn't have a single poor game... Nope can't think of one. This loss is more about the offensive line and terrible play calling by Norv...

We lost on the road to a decent defensive team, the defense didn't play great but still only let up 1 TD which happened after two obvious penalties that weren't called on said TD drive.

Bradford didn't play well and it's the oh I told ya he sucked but in the five wins when he he did play well somehow that didn't count.

It's one game, lets not get carried away.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to your position on small sample sizes?

Idk, you tell me. I don't remember talking about sample sizes in regards to Bradford. But I've seen years of what I saw today from him.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk, you tell me. I don't remember talking about sample sizes in regards to Bradford. But I've seen years of what I saw today from him.

I think he's confusing you with me.

And what you posted above was my point originally. Not that I hate Bradford, or have some axe to grind, just that I'd seen two games/year of him being... average at best.

We then went down a rabbit hole about sample sizes. Which don't matter if I bring them up, but do if cowboy does.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really weird how these people told us the first part of the season wasn't enough to say the Vikings are good but 1 loss tells the whole story.

No that's not weird. Double standards are the MO of message boards.

Its dumb to predict what any team will be until after week 10 or so

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's confusing you with me.

And what you posted above was my point originally. Not that I hate Bradford, or have some axe to grind, just that I'd seen two games/year of him being... average at best.

We then went down a rabbit hole about sample sizes. Which don't matter if I bring them up, but do if cowboy does.

I didn't tag anyone to the comment. I just posted it. Those who talked about sample size knows who it applies to.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bradford is a good QB and yesterdays performance does not change that. Even the best QB's will struggle against good defenses. The Eagles have a very good defense and have proven it week in and week out. The Redskins IMO was an anomoly. The very same gaps the Skins exposed were closed quite often agains the Vikes.

The true indicator is how Bradford performs in his next game. I think he will bounce back.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings should pay for some Oline. They aren't going anywhere with that mess up front.

Worse than the Colts Oline?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go.. Almost halfway through the season, finally Sam faces a stout defense and this is what he does. I will say he faced 3 stout defenses in the NFC West back in the day.. And he did make a few good throws yesterday.

But as you saw, nothing special.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings should pay for some Oline. They aren't going anywhere with that mess up front.

Worse than the Colts Oline?

They're missing two tackles (Kalil, Smith) due to injury (IR). How did Jake Long do yesterday?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam struggled a bit but he's not at all to blame for yesterday IMO. The offensive line and Norv Turner are who you all should be talking about, the line gave him no shot and Norv at one point called 4 shotgun draws in a row, I understand trying to get a running game going but let's mix it up a little, throw a damn screen pass, bring in an extra blocker play max protect and get the ball down the field, nope instead it was 2 yard passes with the secondary playing right on top of the receivers and these were the plays that were called the entire game, not Bradford's fault at all. Vikes need to call Cleveland and see what it would take to get Joe Thomas...