• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Vikings didn't overpay for Sam Bradford...

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it. I GIVE UP.
latest

VikingsAD28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look how low Aaron Rodgers is on this list...Matt Schaub, Alex Smith, and Andy Dalton are ahead of him, among others.

damn, yeah. That's like averaging 1 per year. I mean I guess if you are always scoring then you can't really come back, maybe? No idea.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, yeah. That's like averaging 1 per year. I mean I guess if you are always scoring then you can't really come back, maybe? No idea.

That makes a lot of sense. Peyton always had to deal with shitty defenses so he was always coming back.

Might have something to do with having to play lots of good teams too.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Vitamike hates me so much he spends half of his day negging my posts.

latest
Never negged a single post of yours Cowboy.

Now I have rated some of your posts with either a positive or neutral rating. :nod:

You really do get facts mixed up a lot now don't you Cowboy.

kobesgame

Fucking C**t Lawyer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that depends on how you look at...if someone said you would be 11-5 Labor Day weekend, you'd probably take it and run...but I get after the great start it might not look as good.

They have about 7 games that will most likely decide the finally tally. The games to date, I'm not that high on CAR OFC this yr, but I've been most impressed with the win at CAR.

I'm not even saying I'd be disappointed with 11-5. I'm just saying that to finish the regular season going 6-5, they'd have to have a real regression in the way they are playing. I certainly don't expect 11-0 or anything close to that, but with the way the defense is playing this year I just don't see them finishing 6-5. Unless, of course, the injury bug spreads to the defense.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even saying I'd be disappointed with 11-5. I'm just saying that to finish the regular season going 6-5, they'd have to have a real regression in the way they are playing. I certainly don't expect 11-0 or anything close to that, but with the way the defense is playing this year I just don't see them finishing 6-5. Unless, of course, the injury bug spreads to the defense.

Gotcha. They could very well do better than 11-5.

I'm not trying to take anything away from a great start, (TN Vol fan, actually happy to see Patterson contributing finally) but from afar, the reality is GB and @ CAR are two quality wins at the time played. We know CAR is not looking great now but that was a quality win in my book.

HOU w/o their best player and a young QB, TN, and a NYG team that has talent, but maybe not enough to challenge for the DIV. Granted they've handle those teams, so they are playing well. 11 games remaining and 6 of those are fairly tough and I wouldn't ink a sweep over DET.

It would not be a pretty finish but I wouldn't call 6-5 a "real" regression either, just playing better teams down the stretch.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always found it better to play um one at a time and not assume NFL W's

kobesgame

Fucking C**t Lawyer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. They could very well do better than 11-5.

I'm not trying to take anything away from a great start, (TN Vol fan, actually happy to see Patterson contributing finally) but from afar, the reality is GB and @ CAR are two quality wins at the time played. We know CAR is not looking great now but that was a quality win in my book.

HOU w/o their best player and a young QB, TN, and a NYG team that has talent, but maybe not enough to challenge for the DIV. Granted they've handle those teams, so they are playing well. 11 games remaining and 6 of those are fairly tough and I wouldn't ink a sweep over DET.

It would not be a pretty finish but I wouldn't call 6-5 a "real" regression either, just playing better teams down the stretch.

Absolutely. I don't see Zimmer letting them get ahead of themselves. And I don't think anyone at Winter Park is patting themselves on the back at this point. A number of tough games left, including 5 division games. Maybe they'll lose 5+ games down the stretch, but I'd be very surprised by that. I didn't expect this type of season before it started, but I've adjusted my expectations after the first 5 games.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is my "STRAWMAN" arguments are simply refuting your strawman arguments. From the get go you've tried to cherry pick game and stats to prop up your soggy stance, while I prefer to look at the full career to make my stance from.
Please don't forget that Bradford is ranked 27th in 4th qtr comebacks (among current active Qb's).

kobesgame

Fucking C**t Lawyer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to each his own

Besides, it's the bye week. What the fuck else are fans supposed to do other than talk about the state of the team and the rest of the season?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. I don't see Zimmer letting them get ahead of themselves. And I don't think anyone at Winter Park is patting themselves on the back at this point. A number of tough games left, including 5 division games. Maybe they'll lose 5+ games down the stretch, but I'd be very surprised by that. I didn't expect this type of season before it started, but I've adjusted my expectations after the first 5 games.

My retort to that in bold...a great start always helps, but the NFL is a long season. When we reach week 8-10...then you really know what kind of team you have for the closing stretch.

kobesgame

Fucking C**t Lawyer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My retort to that in bold...a great start always helps, but the NFL is a long season. When we reach week 8-10...then you really know what kind of team you have for the closing stretch.

I definitely agree with that. I definitely don't think we know exactly what the Vikings are (or any other team for that matter). Bradford's start could be a mirage. They just put another o-lineman on IR and signed someone off the scrapheap to step in and start immediately. More injuries can happen. But you don't have to wait to modify expectations regarding the defense. They were very good last year and have the exact same starters as last year. So this isn't just 5 games with them....this is 20+ games in with them. I know what they have there. And that defense is why I don't see them losing 5+ games the rest of the season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely agree with that. I definitely don't think we know exactly what the Vikings are (or any other team for that matter). Bradford's start could be a mirage. They just put another o-lineman on IR and signed someone off the scrapheap to step in and start immediately. More injuries can happen. But you don't have to wait to modify expectations regarding the defense. They were very good last year and have the exact same starters as last year. So this isn't just 5 games with them....this is 20+ games in with them. I know what they have there. And that defense is why I don't see them losing 5+ games the rest of the season.

Yep...I think I can count on the Steelers OFC to be in the 24-28 range game in, game out, but the DEF is a work in progress...young, getting better, but not as established as the top DEFs in the league right now. The 1st few games the DC was playing a soft zone to protect the young guys...lately he's been more aggressive after the beat down in Philly. Injuries...got 2 keys guys on IR to rtn, but other guys have been going on and off the injured list every week.

You reach the 8-10 game mark, you've probably played everybody in the DIV at least once and maybe a playoff caliber team or two...good luck the rest of the way!

kobesgame

Fucking C**t Lawyer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...I think I can count on the Steelers OFC to be in the 24-28 range game in, game out, but the DEF is a work in progress...young, getting better, but not as established as the top DEFs in the league right now. The 1st few games the DC was playing a soft zone to protect the young guys...lately he's been more aggressive after the beat down in Philly. Injuries...got 2 keys guys on IR to rtn, but other guys have been going on and off the injured list every week.

You reach the 8-10 game mark, you've probably played everybody in the DIV at least once and maybe a playoff caliber team or two...good luck the rest of the way!

To your team as well. They were my preseason AFC representative in the SB.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably 10-1 and a loss to the Eagles.