• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Vikings didn't overpay for Sam Bradford...

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Vitamike hates me so much he spends half of his day negging my posts.

latest

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. It is a logical deduction from the words used. It's simple contextual intelligence. I am not by any means intending to be condescending, but let me ask you this.

If I say it was the first time I have ever tried shrimp in my whole life, what is the one and only thing you can imply I have never eaten in my life before that moment?

Him not using "for a full season" was his fault for leaving his argument wide open was his fault.

his statement was vague enough that perhaps it could warrant a retort asking if he means a single game or a season. A reasonable deduction wouldn't be to hear "first time he has looked good in his career" and think he is talking about a game by game basis. I mean, he isn't even referencing a single game this year so it is a large jump to make that assumption.

We are talking about sports here. No one is ever going to not have a good game or not have a bad game. "michael jordan was the greatest NBA player ever" doesn't mean that no one ever outscored him in a game.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the statement. While the word never was never used, it is certainly implied.
But there are days where bad QB's look like HOF's and days great QB's look shitty. To even to pretend otherwise is asinine. Again you are trying to take one word to literally.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But there are days where bad QB's look like HOF's and days great QB's look shitty. To even to pretend otherwise is asinine. Again you are trying to take one word to literally.

One word that was never said

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his statement was vague enough that perhaps it could warrant a retort asking if he means a single game or a season. A reasonable deduction wouldn't be to hear "first time he has looked good in his career" and think he is talking about a game by game basis. I mean, he isn't even referencing a single game this year so it is a large jump to make that assumption.

We are talking about sports here. No one is ever going to not have a good game or not have a bad game. "michael jordan was the greatest NBA player ever" doesn't mean that no one ever outscored him in a game.

I could see how you would see this but 98% of the people hating on Bradford are hating on him because he hasn't done it for a full season..so in reality I am making a very fair comparison and use of his words. Since him saying it right now is a partial season I should only have to compare him to partial seasons.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Airplanes have the ability to fly and traffic can be very frustrating. To even to pretend otherwise is asinine.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see how you would see this but 98% of the people hating on Bradford are hating on him because he hasn't done it for a full season..so in reality I am making a very fair comparison and use of his words. Since him saying it right now is a partial season I should only have to compare him to partial seasons.

Then perhaps compare him to partial season, not 28 cherry picked games throughout his career

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then perhaps compare him to partial season, not 28 cherry picked games throughout his career

That would be all of last year he played, sir. I did that. However, people continued to argue so I pulled out additional examples of Bradford playing good. Also, those good games he had in his rookie year didn't count either..

I am not the one to attack. When I have been wrong I admitted it and stood corrected. These clowns are just unintentional trolls. The worst of their kind. Stupidity so sever it's like being trolled.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be all of last year he played, sir. I did that. However, people continued to argue so I pulled out additional examples of Bradford playing good. Also, those good games he had in his rookie year didn't count either..

I am not the one to attack. When I have been wrong I admitted it and stood corrected. These clowns are just unintentional trolls. The worst of their kind. Stupidity so sever it's like being trolled.

I watched him play most of his games last year, sir. I know he didn't play well. That is why he was scared a rookie took his job before the rookie even had a number.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh...now you know how I feel about your 1,000 strawman arguments.
Funny thing is my "STRAWMAN" arguments are simply refuting your strawman arguments. From the get go you've tried to cherry pick game and stats to prop up your soggy stance, while I prefer to look at the full career to make my stance from.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is my "STRAWMAN" arguments are simply refuting your strawman arguments. From the get go you've tried to cherry pick game and stats to prop up your soggy stance, while I prefer to look at the full career to make my stance from.

LOL - You know nothing about argumentation. You have ZERO jurisdiction to tell me it was a strawman argument.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched him play most of his games last year, sir. I know he didn't play well. That is why he was scared a rookie took his job before the rookie even had a number.

I guess NFL teams resign NFL Quarterbacks who don't play well for 2-Year $35,000,000 contracts quite often.

He had 9 games last year with an above average QB rating. 7 games with one 90 or higher. 4 games with 100 or higher. A 118 Rating and 122 Rating. His season QB rating was above average as well.

He also had 2 game winning drives last year.

You can guys can say this is the first time in his career he has been good, but you'd be wrong.

Just like you are wrong about this trade so far.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess NFL teams resign NFL Quarterbacks who don't play well for 2-Year $35,000,000 contracts quite often.

He had 9 games last year with an above average QB rating. 7 games with one 90 or higher. 4 games with 100 or higher. A 118 Rating and 122 Rating. His season QB rating was above average as well.

He also had 2 game winning drives last year.

You can guys can say this is the first time in his career he has been good, but you'd be wrong.

Just like you are wrong about this trade so far.

Fuck it. I GIVE UP.