• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Vikings didn't overpay for Sam Bradford...

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always felt the thing that will make or break the Vikings was their pass defense and not their QB play. After seeing Denver win with nothing at QB last year then anything is possible in today's NFL

Clearly you didn't watch football yesterday. The Broncos got dismantled by the Falcons in their own stadium SOLELY because of shitty QB play.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could have had Bradford.

Nah time was up there for the Rams and Bradford. His numbers didn't eqaul his salary and it was time to go separate ways. Obviously that took a toll on Brokeback boy here.

It was an idiot move to trade up for Goff for sure.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has more argument for MVP if he finishes the year >30 TDs, <5 Ints.

Comeback player should go to a guy that actually missed real time or sat on a bench all year.

Bradford used last year to get healthy for this year. And that's why he's now getting better and better as the Vikings rely on his arm offensively.

MVP huh... :teabag:

Hey why do you think Wentz is doing so well with the same cast as Bradford had last year?

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly you didn't watch football yesterday. The Broncos got dismantled by the Falcons in their own stadium SOLELY because of shitty QB play.
The Rookie didn't look good (held the ball way too long often) but his O-line was awful too. Denver's LB's couldn't cover Atlanta's RB's in the passing game either. Saying it was "Solely" QB play is not correct IMO.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rookie didn't look good (held the ball way too long often) but his O-line was awful too. Denver's LB's couldn't cover Atlanta's RB's in the passing game either. Saying it was "Solely" QB play is not correct IMO.

Yeah it's hard to place 100% of the blame but his horrific play at the helm could have easily killed the morale. His throws are simply not at an NFL level. I will be surprised if he stays in the league longer than 5 years.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's hard to place 100% of the blame but his horrific play at the helm could have easily killed the morale. His throws are simply not at an NFL level. I will be surprised if he stays in the league longer than 5 years.

Lol. I remember when Elway was so rattled in his first start he scared the shit out of his guard by trying to take a snap from him.

I am not really worried about PL's physical tools, the jury is still out on the mental aspect of his game. He sucked in his first start as an NFL QB (looked much better last week in relief duty), but I don't think anyone is ready to give up on him yet (except you apparently).

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I remember when Elway was so rattled in his first start he scared the shit out of his guard by trying to take a snap from him.

I am not really worried about PL's physical tools, the jury is still out on the mental aspect of his game. He sucked in his first start as an NFL QB (looked much better last week in relief duty), but I don't think anyone is ready to give up on him yet (except you apparently).

Yeah I kind of regretted what I said giving up on him. Got caught up in argumentation.

He was terrible yesterday but no reason to give up on his future.

I stand corrected.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You probably recall Bradford's first NFL start. 3 picks and a 55 rating. On the surface pretty shitty, but there were probably other factors at play. NFL is a team game and rarely does something "solely" rest on one player's shoulders.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You probably recall Bradford's first NFL start. 3 picks and a 55 rating. On the surface pretty shitty, but there were probably other factors at play. NFL is a team game and rarely does something "solely" rest on one player's shoulders.

Lol this time it was Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman who came to mind.

I actually wrote an article on Marc Bulger when people were giving up on him early in his career. At one point Bulger became a top 5 QB. That still founds funny.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another good stat.

Sam Bradford ranks 27th all-time in game winning drives.

I guess he wasn't good on those drives either..

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet the Rams trade the farm for a QB when all they needed was a game manager at QB and more depth at Oline and on D. Good to see you around Clayton.
The Rams always needed a QB. They just picked the wrong draft. Greg Robinson pick really set them back.

I can't really comment too much on the Rams right now except that they are in bizarro world with Quick playing well and Gurley playing poorly. Id imagine people are pouring it on Gurley but I'm sure its the oline.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams always needed a QB. They just picked the wrong draft. Greg Robinson pick really set them back.

I can't really comment too much on the Rams right now except that they are in bizarro world with Quick playing well and Gurley playing poorly. Id imagine people are pouring it on Gurley but I'm sure its the oline.

Trung Candidate - NLE
Donnie Avery - NLE
Robert Thomas - NLE
Brian Leonard - NLE

Pretty sure they went on a 5 year stretch were the players they drafted are NLE in the NFL.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sams been playing well...period. I've been impressed, especially with his accuracy. Based on some of the posts in this thread I thought he would be terrible and an injury waiting to happen, you guys were wrong and don't give me this its early crap, no shit, small sample size is all Vikes fans have.. 4-0 as a starter with 0 turnovers, all this with O line without 2-3 starters each game.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another good stat.

Sam Bradford ranks 27th all-time in game winning drives.

I guess he wasn't good on those drives either..
please explain. Or did you pull this out of your assalmanac?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is there to explain? Do you not know what a game winning drive is?

Game winning drives are recorded by the NFL.

Welcome to 2016.
I know what a game winning drive is. I want to know how you can say Bradford is 27th.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3