• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Vikings didn't overpay for Sam Bradford...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF Mark Sanchez has 12 GWD's, place that fucker in the HOF immediately.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh so only against active QB's. Do you realize Tim Tebow and Geno Smith have the same amount (7) in less playing time. Colin Kaepernick and Josh Freeman have (8). Are we to believe they are great QB's?

Did I ever say Bradford was a great QB??

I have been admitting when I am wrong so I think for you to not make any strawman arguments shouldn't be too much to ask.

All I am saying is it is a fact that Sam Bradford has been GOOD many times in his career.

None of you have been able to dispute that and sadly the OP has dodged the responses that proves him wrong when I thought he was a better poster than that.

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams always needed a QB. They just picked the wrong draft. Greg Robinson pick really set them back.

I can't really comment too much on the Rams right now except that they are in bizarro world with Quick playing well and Gurley playing poorly. Id imagine people are pouring it on Gurley but I'm sure its the oline.
Most of it is on the OC for horrid play calling. Apparently doesn't believe in play action or screen passes, but always, and I mean always, runs Gurley up the middle on 2nd down no matter what the situation is. Defenses load the box and he still calls runs up the middle despite an overmatched OL. The OC and the OL are responsible for the Rams being last in offense and Gurley's poor production.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I ever say Bradford was a great QB??

I have been admitting when I am wrong so I think for you to not make any strawman arguments shouldn't be too much to ask.

All I am saying is it is a fact that Sam Bradford has been GOOD many times in his career.

None of you have been able to dispute that and sadly the OP has dodged the responses that proves him wrong when I thought he was a better poster than that.

Your using a bunch of BS to say he's not bad. I think most of us will agree Sam has had some good games, but he has had more bad games than good over his career. Quincy Carter had some good games, but that didnt make him a good QB.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your using a bunch of BS to say he's not bad. I think most of us will agree Sam has had some good games, but he has had more bad games than good over his career. Quincy Carter had some good games, but that didnt make him a good QB.

Is your name Yam? I am truly starting to think you have serious reading comprehension problems.

Read this slowly: One person said Bradford has NEVER been good in his career. I pointed out several (28 to be exact) games where he was good. In your own post you agreed with me.

I never made an argument that he is great.
I never made an argument that he has more good games than bad.

Slow it down, stop being so fucking blind and stupid. Save us both the time.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of it is on the OC for horrid play calling. Apparently doesn't believe in play action or screen passes, but always, and I mean always, runs Gurley up the middle on 2nd down no matter what the situation is. Defenses load the box and he still calls runs up the middle despite an overmatched OL. The OC and the OL are responsible for the Rams being last in offense and Gurley's poor production.

Some of that blame could be placed on the QB since he can audible.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is your name Yam? I am truly starting to think you have serious reading comprehension problems.

Read this slowly: One person said Bradford has NEVER been good in his career. I pointed out several (28 to be exact) games where he was good. In your own post you agreed with me.

I never made an argument that he is great.
I never made an argument that he has more good games than bad.

Slow it down, stop being so fucking blind and stupid. Save us both the time.
I'd say you taking NEVER literally. Fact is he has never been a good season long QB. Last year is probably his best and he was just OK in my book.

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of that blame could be placed on the QB since he can audible.
I don't know if this is true, but I have read that Keenum is not allowed to audible. He sure doesn't do it much it seems.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say you taking NEVER literally. Fact is he has never been a good season long QB. Last year is probably his best and he was just OK in my book.
Ah yes. The other tactic of losers. Semantics and rephrasing the claim.

Hint: never has 1 meaning.

I conceded when I was I exaggerated the QBs fault in the Broncos loss because I am a man who can admit I'm wrong.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah yes. The other tactic of losers. Semantics and rephrasing the claim.

Hint: never has 1 meaning.

I conceded when I was I exaggerated the QBs fault in the Broncos loss because I am a man who can admit I'm wrong.

Pretty sure the exact phrase was "And this is the first time he has looked good in his whole career." (post 734). He didn't say "never". "looked good" could mean in a game or a season.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is outperforming Bridgewater, though.

That said, Bradford has been majorly injured like...4 times? And this is the first time he has looked good in his whole career. 95% chance the wheels on this bus fall apart by the playoffs.

This was the statement. While the word never was never used, it is certainly implied.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the statement. While the word never was never used, it is certainly implied.

Sounds like you are rephrasing the claim. :boink:

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure the exact phrase was "And this is the first time he has looked good in his whole career." (post 734). He didn't say "never". "looked good" could mean in a game or a season.

I am simply arguing the words that were used. When I say something that is misunderstood or misconstrued I make sure to explain myself. If I exaggerate in a civil discussion and get called out on it, I will stand corrected and change my phrase.

@Clayton Never took the time to explain his words as if I was wrong - unless the likely possibility he had no idea the argument @Manster7588 @SonnyCID @SJ76 piggybacked was spawned from his statement.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you are rephrasing the claim. :boink:

Not at all. It is a logical deduction from the words used. It's simple contextual intelligence. I am not by any means intending to be condescending, but let me ask you this.

If I say it was the first time I have ever tried shrimp in my whole life, what is the one and only thing you can imply I have never eaten in my life before that moment?

Him not using "for a full season" was his fault and him leaving his argument wide open was his fault.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am simply arguing the words that were used. When I say something that is misunderstood or misconstrued I make sure to explain myself. If I exaggerate in a civil discussion and get called out on it, I will stand corrected and change my phrase.

@Clayton Never took the time to explain his words as if I was wrong - unless the likely possibility he had no idea the argument @Manster7588 @SonnyCID @SJ76 piggybacked was spawned from his statement.

Just calling em like I see em.