• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Will Sherman Bitch at Now?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle drafting last 4 years

If we look at the last 4 drafts which would mean they are younger players and compare the teams and their drafts to see how many starters were drafted and how many are still on the team as depth on defense this is what we find.

2013 Draft:

Seattle has 1 player drafted still on the team Luke Wilson a tight end so no younger defensive help to create depth. Defensive help in 2013 = 0

Packers have 5 players still on the team Datone Jones, Lacy, Tretter, Bahktari, and Micah Hyde. 3 of those are starters on offense and Hyde plays a majority of the defense snaps so in 2013 there is 1 D player pretty much a starter and D Jones is a decent back up with no let up in play if a linebacker goes down

2014 Draft:

Seattle has 3 players drafted still on the team. Britt first team, Marsh 2cnd team, Pierre-Louis 3rd team. So there you drafted 2 defensive players still on the team but no starters. Are you comfortable with Marsh or Pierre-Louis playing if starters went down? Defensive help in 2014 = 2 back ups one is 3rd team in depth chart

Packers have 7 players on the team but on Goodson is on IR. Of those 7 there 3 on defense and 4 on offense. On offense there is Linsely who shared starting time with Tretter depending on who has not been injured but both are top NFL centers and would start on most any NFL team, then there is D Adams a receiver, and R Rodgers a TE and J Janis. On defense there is Clinton Dix, Bradford and Goodson who is on IR. Defensive help was 1 quality starter in Clinton Dix and a #2 linebacker

2015 Draft:

Seattle has 3 players drafted still on the team with those players being F Clark listed as 2cnd team on the depth chart, Glowinske on O line need I say more, and T Locket #3 on the depth chart. Defensive help is one player who is not listed as a starter

Packers
have 6 players drafted still on the team. And 5 of them are current starters on the team with more on defense this year. On offense there is Ripkowski starting fullback andMontgomery now a starting running back/receiver. On defense there is Randall and Rollins who you saw quite a bit a week or so ago as the top cornerbacks, Ryan the starting inside linebacker and Ringo a D line back up. Defensive help was very good with 3 starters and 1 back up

2016 Draft:

Seattle has 7 players still on the team. 6 of them are on offense including Ifedi, Prosise, Vannett, Odhiambo,Collins, and Hunt. The one starter is Ifedi on that struggling O line. Others re back up on the struggling O line. There is one defensive player Reed who is listed as a back up. Defensive help this draft is 1 back up D line player

Packers
have 7 players still on the team. 3 on offense with those players being Spriggs on O line who has filled in for the injured Lang without having a negative effect, Davis a receiver was 7th round has not played much and Kyle Murphy a O line back up you would like to have. On Defense there are starting linebacker Martinez, starter K Clark on the D line, Back up D line Lowry who sacked Wilson, and back up linebacker Fackrell who has played some but has also been out the last 3 weeks or so. Defensive help = 2 starters and 2 back ups

So as we put all these numbers together here is what we have in the drafts between the Packers and Seattle from 2013 to 2016.

Seattle:

Players drafted that are still on the team over those 4 years = 14
Defensive starters drafted = 0
Defensive Back up drafted = 4

Packers:

Players drafted still on the team over those 4 years = 25
Defensive starters drafted = 7
Defensive Back ups = 5

So in review the Packers have drafted 7 defensive starters in the last 4 years and Seattle has drafted 0. The Packers have also drafted more of their defensive back ups in the last 4 years than the Seahawks.

When most logical people other than Seahawk fans would look at this info they would agree that the Seahawls defense is aging as there is no or limited younger talent coming in when you look at the last 4 drafts.

When the Packer D starters were not injured and able to play they did fairly well with like 17.5 points against defense in the games where starters Matthews, Martinez, Ryan, Randall, and Rollins, were playing. When you wipe out 3 of your 4 starting line backers and your top 3 corners chances are more points will be scored and they were at about 38 a game.

But I would rather have a team where 7 starters were drafted in the last 4 years that can put up a 17.5 points against when the majority of them are there to play than a team that has not drafted a defensive starter in the last 4 years. I am not sure if I would be the only one that feels that way but that is my opinion.

Looking at this info I am glad you extended Schnieders contract.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not 1 of the things you posted did I state. All I said was playing in those 2 or 3 extra games that you play when you're in the playoffs and you advance take their toll, especially on the light players.

You'd be wise to read the message and not try to take offense to every post. You're looking for some meaning in the posts that you can argue with, and they're not there.

They lost an all pro FS. It's a huge hit. Like I said, how you think the Pack would fair if Rodgers broke his leg?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we look at the last 4 drafts which would mean they are younger players and compare the teams and their drafts to see how many starters were drafted and how many are still on the team as depth on defense this is what we find.

2013 Draft:

Seattle has 1 player drafted still on the team Luke Wilson a tight end so no younger defensive help to create depth. Defensive help in 2013 = 0

Packers have 5 players still on the team Datone Jones, Lacy, Tretter, Bahktari, and Micah Hyde. 3 of those are starters on offense and Hyde plays a majority of the defense snaps so in 2013 there is 1 D player pretty much a starter and D Jones is a decent back up with no let up in play if a linebacker goes down

2014 Draft:

Seattle has 3 players drafted still on the team. Britt first team, Marsh 2cnd team, Pierre-Louis 3rd team. So there you drafted 2 defensive players still on the team but no starters. Are you comfortable with Marsh or Pierre-Louis playing if starters went down? Defensive help in 2014 = 2 back ups one is 3rd team in depth chart

Packers have 7 players on the team but on Goodson is on IR. Of those 7 there 3 on defense and 4 on offense. On offense there is Linsely who shared starting time with Tretter depending on who has not been injured but both are top NFL centers and would start on most any NFL team, then there is D Adams a receiver, and R Rodgers a TE and J Janis. On defense there is Clinton Dix, Bradford and Goodson who is on IR. Defensive help was 1 quality starter in Clinton Dix and a #2 linebacker

2015 Draft:

Seattle has 3 players drafted still on the team with those players being F Clark listed as 2cnd team on the depth chart, Glowinske on O line need I say more, and T Locket #3 on the depth chart. Defensive help is one player who is not listed as a starter

Packers
have 6 players drafted still on the team. And 5 of them are current starters on the team with more on defense this year. On offense there is Ripkowski starting fullback andMontgomery now a starting running back/receiver. On defense there is Randall and Rollins who you saw quite a bit a week or so ago as the top cornerbacks, Ryan the starting inside linebacker and Ringo a D line back up. Defensive help was very good with 3 starters and 1 back up

2016 Draft:

Seattle has 7 players still on the team. 6 of them are on offense including Ifedi, Prosise, Vannett, Odhiambo,Collins, and Hunt. The one starter is Ifedi on that struggling O line. Others re back up on the struggling O line. There is one defensive player Reed who is listed as a back up. Defensive help this draft is 1 back up D line player

Packers
have 7 players still on the team. 3 on offense with those players being Spriggs on O line who has filled in for the injured Lang without having a negative effect, Davis a receiver was 7th round has not played much and Kyle Murphy a O line back up you would like to have. On Defense there are starting linebacker Martinez, starter K Clark on the D line, Back up D line Lowry who sacked Wilson, and back up linebacker Fackrell who has played some but has also been out the last 3 weeks or so. Defensive help = 2 starters and 2 back ups

So as we put all these numbers together here is what we have in the drafts between the Packers and Seattle from 2013 to 2016.

Seattle:

Packers:

Defensive Back ups = 5

So in review the Packers have drafted 7 defensive starters in the last 4 years and Seattle has drafted 0. The Packers have also drafted more of their defensive back ups in the last 4 years than the Seahawks.

When most logical people other than Seahawk fans would look at this info they would agree that the Seahawls defense is aging as there is no or limited younger talent coming in when you look at the last 4 drafts.

When the Packer D starters were not injured and able to play they did fairly well with like 17.5 points against defense in the games where starters Matthews, Martinez, Ryan, Randall, and Rollins, were playing. When you wipe out 3 of your 4 starting line backers and your top 3 corners chances are more points will be scored and they were at about 38 a game.

But I would rather have a team where 7 starters were drafted in the last 4 years that can put up a 17.5 points against when the majority of them are there to play than a team that has not drafted a defensive starter in the last 4 years. I am not sure if I would be the only one that feels that way but that is my opinion.

Well it's a tough team to make the cut unless you're an offensive lineman, and if that's the case you just have to hang out at the local Y and you might get picked up.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He who laughs last laughs best. You should keep that in mind @LambeauLegs

It is a good thing that the Cards kicker missed the field goal in your first game down in AZ and you were able to get the tie otherwise the Pack and Hawks would have the same record and the Pack would have the tie breaker. That is a lot different than having all the threads that have the Packers being done or not having a chance at the playoffs

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2013 Draft:

2014 Draft:

2015 Draft:

Packers

2016 Draft:

Packers

Seattle:

Packers:

Defensive Back ups = 5

I'm pretty sure that the Seahawks have made some more noise than the Packers have over that time span.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost an all pro FS. It's a huge hit. Like I said, how you think the Pack would fair if Rodgers broke his leg?

Ok so one player off your defense and your season is over because all teams will now score over 30 points against you?

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They lost who many think is the best defensive player in the NFL.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure that the Seahawks have made some more noise than the Packers have over that time span.

In the last 180 minutes of Packer/Seahawk football Seattle has won 4 1/2 minutes

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you bother to look at how many solid UDFAs Seattle has found over that time? I have a feeling it's quite a few.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so one player off your defense and your season is over because all teams will now score over 30 points against you?

1. The season isn't over.
2. This is the same idiotic string of arguments where the one guy who's running out of his ass only has to worry about what he's quoting after his previous idiotic statement.

Losing ET was huge and makes the Seahawks are the worse for wear because of it. That's fucking obvious.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 405.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what they lost and I know it hurts the back end of their D. It also doesn't help that Chancellor went out today... any time you go to a back up there is some drop off...

I know what the Packers look like without Rodgers, it's not pretty. I will also say, that if you really believe that a free safety is equal to a quarterback, you need to watch football for a lot longer, that or become a lot more intelligent.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and one trophy later...

Enjoy that trophy :suds:

For the record, i think Seattle got porked when they played the Steelers.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a good thing that the Cards kicker missed the field goal in your first game down in AZ and you were able to get the tie otherwise the Pack and Hawks would have the same record and the Pack would have the tie breaker. That is a lot different than having all the threads that have the Packers being done or not having a chance at the playoffs
Packers are on a hot streak, only a matter of time until they hit that road bump and then they will be done.:nod:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what they lost and I know it hurts the back end of their D. It also doesn't help that Chancellor went out today... any time you go to a back up there is some drop off...

I know what the Packers look like without Rodgers, it's not pretty. I will also say, that if you really believe that a free safety is equal to a quarterback, you need to watch football for a lot longer, that or become a lot more intelligent.

I realize that. The argument is (which goes back to just hitting quote response bs) that Seattle should just be able to adjust. ET is a special player and it was a huge hit. It doesn't have anything to do with how old the team is, how the coaching staff is, what the cap looks like, ... He's a special player and it's a huge blow. Everybody knows that. There was even a thread about it when he went down and some people are wondering why Seattle can't go along their merry way.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 405.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy that trophy :suds:

For the record, i think Seattle got porked when they played the Steelers.

You didn't have to bring that up, most of them weren't fans way back then

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bitter, aren't you?
Packers are on a hot streak, only a matter of time until they hit that road bump and then they will be done.:nod:

Yes indeed and they could be done next week as it is always hard to play in Detroit. This time of year you dont get many second chances if you had struggles earlier in the year

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the one that relinquished that 30 yard reception to the 2 yard line. His offense did fine but the defense struggled vs an inept Cardinals team with a 60 year old Carson Palmer. He already has yelled at the NFL managers, whined about the refs, complained about offensive play calling and even his own defensive teammates by starting fights with the. Will he take some accountability for the fist time in his career or will he continue being a cancer that's spreading in the locker room?

LOB
Put him in a house of mirrors and he will bitch his own self to death.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am quire aware of the Seattle draft picks over the last 4 years. Here in this thread starting on page 49 and post 966 and then starting in page 59 with in depth talk about the Seattle draft over the last 4 years, I mean you have one player left on your team from the 2013 draft. The last 4 drafts that Seattle has had has not produced much of anything of starting quality players

Official Seahawks vs Packers smack thread

Page 49 and on gives a good description of Seattle draft failure

All your main players on defense that were drafted by Seattle were taken from 2010 to 2012

2010 = Thomas and Chancelor 2011 = Sherman and Wright 2012 = Wagner and Lane

If we look since then here is what we have on players drafted by Seattle

2013 Draft and players still on the team: Luke Wilson TE and yes a second team TE and yes the only player left of 12 that were drafted. In that draft there were 5 defensive players taken that are no longer on the team. 2 O line players were also drafted so they were not good as well. Keeping 1 player from a draft is bad for depth. So one player kept but not a starter

2014 Draft and players still on team: Justin Britt a starter, Cassius Marsh 2cnd team LB, Pierre Louis a 3rd team LB and yes that is it. There were 2 other defensive players taken but not kept. So the 2014 draft has 3 players on the team with one of them a starter

2015 Draft and players still on the team: Frank Clark, T Lockett, Glowinski with the one starter of that group being Glowinski which nobody is happy about. In that draft there were 3 other defensive players that were drafted that are not on the team. So 2015 draft has 3 players on the team with the one starter on the O line that sucks.

2016 Draft and players still on the team: Ifedi, Reed, Prosise, Vannett, Odhiambo, Collins, and Hunt. So 7 of the 10 that were drafted and of those 7 one is a starter Ifedi on a struggling o line and 2 others are back ups on a struggling o line. O line drafting needs t improve on this team. The packers back up O line would start on the Seahawks. The running backs drafted are low on the depth chart or injured. In the 2016 draft there were only 2 defense players taken in the draft with Reed still on the team

Now if we review these past drafts and how the defense has been trying to be sustained we see that from 2013 to present there have been 16 defensive players drafted and 4 are still on the team. With drafts like that there will not be adequate back ups to take the place of your aging veterans

Thus my point an over paid aging defense with limited depth to replace them as they slow down. It does appear they are slowing down with their lower defensive rankings and limited pass rush against decent O lines. I am sure you can feel good about the low scoring defense # but remember that you get to keep that low by playing the Rams, Cards, and 49ers twice.

Again what are your thoughts on why the Seahawks pass rush has been limited lately. I wasnt expecting Rodgers to just be able to sit back there and pick apart the secondary?
Well, I was just answering the question that you asked after pointing out that they did in fact draft a couple of starter-level D-Lineman over the past couple of years.

As to the point that you are trying to make, I agree that the defensive players are all aging, because that's what happens from one day to the next for all of us. I wouldn't agree that they an aged defense however-- most of their starters are somewhere near prime football age. And I'm not at all sure that the Seahawks back ups are any worse than any other team's back ups.

Obviously there are only so many draft picks, and teams generally address their present needs as well as future speculated needs during any given draft. I'm certain that PC/JS have used both frameworks in how they have drafted. You can have the opinion that they haven't done it well, or should have done it differently, or whatever. But for the most part I personally just don't agree with most of the points that you are making. Shrug.