• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Will Sherman Bitch at Now?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your defense is effected that bad because one player is missing to bad for you. It should be planned for.

Keep sniffin the glue. If it's too be planned for then they wouldn't pay them the salaries they do. That's just idiotic. He can play center field, stop the run, and play man coverage as well. Name another FS that can do that.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't list anybody. I think they're fantastic football players, but that much football in a short time frame is brutal to those guys that are in the 200 to 240lb range...too many collisions that can go badly

So you're saying that 27 is now over the hill, which based upon the CBA is when the prime earning years are supposed to be.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How has the success in the early rounds looked for you on the offense? The drafting must not have been for the O line. And you have had your QB for awhile. I see no decent running backs and you traded for your tight end. Who are these early round offensive players that were drafted?
If you're asking who has been drafted early, here is what comes to mind off the top of my head (drafted in the first three rounds). Christine Michael, Paul Richardson, Justin Britt, Tyler Lockett, Germain Ifedi, CJ Prosise, Reese Odihambo. There could be more.

You have to bear in mind that the Seahawks surrundered first round draft picks for Percy Harvin and then again for Jimmy Graham. They've also often employed a draft strategy in which they've traded down in higher rounds to stockpile more picks in the mid- to later rounds.

If you're asking how successful those picks have been, a few clearly have not been very successful in Seattle, and some are yet to be determined.

Last edited:

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep sniffin the glue. If it's too be planned for then they wouldn't pay them the salaries they do. That's just idiotic. He can play center field, stop the run, and play man coverage as well. Name another FS that can do that.

The discussion is not how good he is. It is how are things planned for if a player is not there. It seems there was no plan for that. And if your defense is not able to plan for the loss of one player without regressing where they allow double their points per game average at home then that has to be on those who build the team

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 405.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying that 27 is now over the hill, which based upon the CBA is when the prime earning years are supposed to be.
I didn't say that. I said playing 18 or 19 games a year for 3 or 4 years in a row takes its toll.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How has the success in the early rounds looked for you on the offense? The drafting must not have been for the O line. And you have had your QB for awhile. I see no decent running backs and you traded for your tight end. Who are these early round offensive players that were drafted?

RB depth is solid with Prosise and Collins, both rookies. They've actually drafted 5 OL in the past two years, just haven't amounted to a lot yet.

1 - OT Ifedi
2 - DT Reed
3 - RB Prosise
3 - TE Vannett
3 - OT Odhiambo
5 - DT Jefferson
5 - RB Collins
6 - C Hunt
7 - WR Lawler
7 - RB Brooks

2 - DE Clark
3 - WR Lockett
4 - G Poole
4 - G Glowinski
5 - CB Smith
6 - DE Gwacham
6 - DT Sokoli
7 - SS Murphy

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The window is closed. Pete Carroll's welcome is about to run out and the 12 will soon be you....all alone :pound:

Great, a message board Saruman. Begone red wizard!

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman will probably end up bitching out his wife, or a hooker :heh:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say that. I said playing 18 or 19 games a year for 3 or 4 years in a row takes its toll.

Let's look at this argument in its full context. These guys are all 27 or under right now. If some of them hit FA this offseason they'd be signing fatter deals than they already have. You're saying they should plan for contingency. You also have to plan to win. They signed a lot of guys who are at least top 5 for the position for competitive salaries. And they're young. Seattle lost their most important player on defense and it stings. You can't plan around that because he has unique skills. How do you think the Packers would be doing right now if Rodgers broke his leg?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, a message board Saruman. Begone red wizard!

I've seen Pete's act play out before, before there was any Seahawks fans at all. You'd be wise to listen to me :pound:

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 405.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's look at this argument in its full context. These guys are all 27 or under right now. If some of them hit FA this offseason they'd be signing fatter deals than they already have. You're saying they should plan for contingency. You also have to plan to win. They signed a lot of guys who are at least top 5 for the position for competitive salaries. And they're young. Seattle lost their most important player on defense and it stings. You can't plan around that because he has unique skills. How do you think the Packers would be doing right now if Rodgers broke his leg?

Not 1 of the things you posted did I state. All I said was playing in those 2 or 3 extra games that you play when you're in the playoffs and you advance take their toll, especially on the light players.

You'd be wise to read the message and not try to take offense to every post. You're looking for some meaning in the posts that you can argue with, and they're not there.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The discussion is not how good he is. It is how are things planned for if a player is not there. It seems there was no plan for that. And if your defense is not able to plan for the loss of one player without regressing where they allow double their points per game average at home then that has to be on those who build the team
Come on man. The Seahawks had a plan for ET's back up, and his name is Steven Terrill. It would be nice to have a bunch of all-pros waiting in the wings at every position; but of course it's a ridiculous thought.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He who laughs last laughs best. You should keep that in mind @LambeauLegs

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, Seattle made a conscious decision to pay their stars, which they had to do, and forgo spending money on the O-line. That strategy hasn't worked out. Considering they will have somewhere in the $40 mil range in space while not needing big money for their own free agents, I imagine they will spend some money on the O-line in free agency.

This is exactly what happened.... They could a not signed a couple key defensive guy's and been more aggressive on the O-line but this is the direction they took... This is the second year we've had like 3 rookies starting on the line, you can't do that every year or your never gonna get continuity there...

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One would hope.

What else do they have to spend $40 mil on in the offseason? Redo Bennett's deal? Maybe re-sign the kicker? I don't see much there among their own FA that will cost much in space.

There are good younger guys available in FA.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're asking who has been drafted early, here is what comes to mind off the top of my head (drafted in the first three rounds). Christine Michael, Paul Richardson, Justin Britt, Tyler Lockett, Germain Ifedi, CJ Prosise, Reese Odihambo. There could be more.

You have to bear in mind that the Seahawks surrundered first round draft picks for Percy Harvin and then again for Jimmy Graham. They've also often employed a draft strategy in which they've traded down in higher rounds to stockpile more picks in the mid- to later rounds.

If you're asking how successful those picks have been, a few clearly have not been very successful in Seattle, and some are yet to be determined.

I am quire aware of the Seattle draft picks over the last 4 years. Here in this thread starting on page 49 and post 966 and then starting in page 59 with in depth talk about the Seattle draft over the last 4 years, I mean you have one player left on your team from the 2013 draft. The last 4 drafts that Seattle has had has not produced much of anything of starting quality players

Official Seahawks vs Packers smack thread

Page 49 and on gives a good description of Seattle draft failure

All your main players on defense that were drafted by Seattle were taken from 2010 to 2012

2010 = Thomas and Chancelor 2011 = Sherman and Wright 2012 = Wagner and Lane

If we look since then here is what we have on players drafted by Seattle

2013 Draft and players still on the team: Luke Wilson TE and yes a second team TE and yes the only player left of 12 that were drafted. In that draft there were 5 defensive players taken that are no longer on the team. 2 O line players were also drafted so they were not good as well. Keeping 1 player from a draft is bad for depth. So one player kept but not a starter

2014 Draft and players still on team: Justin Britt a starter, Cassius Marsh 2cnd team LB, Pierre Louis a 3rd team LB and yes that is it. There were 2 other defensive players taken but not kept. So the 2014 draft has 3 players on the team with one of them a starter

2015 Draft and players still on the team: Frank Clark, T Lockett, Glowinski with the one starter of that group being Glowinski which nobody is happy about. In that draft there were 3 other defensive players that were drafted that are not on the team. So 2015 draft has 3 players on the team with the one starter on the O line that sucks.

2016 Draft and players still on the team: Ifedi, Reed, Prosise, Vannett, Odhiambo, Collins, and Hunt. So 7 of the 10 that were drafted and of those 7 one is a starter Ifedi on a struggling o line and 2 others are back ups on a struggling o line. O line drafting needs t improve on this team. The packers back up O line would start on the Seahawks. The running backs drafted are low on the depth chart or injured. In the 2016 draft there were only 2 defense players taken in the draft with Reed still on the team

Now if we review these past drafts and how the defense has been trying to be sustained we see that from 2013 to present there have been 16 defensive players drafted and 4 are still on the team. With drafts like that there will not be adequate back ups to take the place of your aging veterans

Thus my point an over paid aging defense with limited depth to replace them as they slow down. It does appear they are slowing down with their lower defensive rankings and limited pass rush against decent O lines. I am sure you can feel good about the low scoring defense # but remember that you get to keep that low by playing the Rams, Cards, and 49ers twice.

Again what are your thoughts on why the Seahawks pass rush has been limited lately. I wasnt expecting Rodgers to just be able to sit back there and pick apart the secondary?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen Pete's act play out before, before there was any Seahawks fans at all. You'd be wise to listen to me :pound:

Yeah, and one trophy later...

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What else do they have to spend $40 mil on in the offseason? Redo Bennett's deal? Maybe re-sign the kicker? I don't see much there among their own FA that will cost much in space.

There are good younger guys available in FA.

Bennett wants fat bucks and they're talking. He's a stud. Then there's Kam who's played really well this season. They'll find a way to blow it off.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He who laughs last laughs best. You should keep that in mind @LambeauLegs

I was not at all hay with the Packer D today it was pathetic allowing the Vikings to put up the yards they did. If you look at the stats you would not have guessed the Pack had the lead they did so there is no laughing going on, Just trying to help Seahawk fans see reality and not what they think they have is all