• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richard Sherman Threatens to End Career of Reporter During Seahawks Presser

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to ESPN radio tonight and this Seahawk reporter that was threatened by Sherman was on the radio explaining what happened. I guess after it was all over and things settled down that Sherman apologized on Twitter but the problem is that the reporter said on the Radio that Sherman has him blocked on Twitter so the reporter was not able to see the apology. Sherman must not have liked the tough questions when being asked about his sideline tantrums during the last game when he was all over the O coordinator.

When things dont go right for him he just tries to manipulate things to get them how he wants them. I use to respect him and his play but after seeing him bitch about player safety and then doing the cheap illegal hits that he got fined for in the game against the Packers and then the tantrums against the Rams and now being a Diva in the press conference threatening to end a mans career because he asked a few questions changes one's perception of just who this guy really is

Anyone else have opinions on this BS?

If you click the link and scroll down you can listen to Sherman make his threats

hi-res-9bd6adf8792cfc4611382fb31ea61693_crop_north.jpg

Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman threatened to ruin the career of reporter and radio host Jim Moore and to have his press pass revoked after taking offense to a question posed by Moore during a press conference on Tuesday, per Stephen Cohen of SeattlePI.com.

Sherman had been discussing an incident in Thursday's game against the Los Angeles Rams, when he confronted head coach Pete Carroll following offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell's decision to throw the ball on the 1-yard line rather than call a running play.

Sherman told reporters he didn't apologize to his coaches or teammates for the incident, instead saying he and Carroll spoke "about different strategies: offensive, defensive, his line of thinking, my line of thinking, things like that."

After Sherman said he would have accepted criticism from offensive players if a defensive call cost the Seahawks a game—much like Russell Wilson's interception to end Super Bowl XLIX against the New England Patriots, which Sherman referenced—Moore, a radio host for 710 ESPN Seattle and a columnist at SeattlePI.com, asked Sherman if he had thought he had a better handle on play-calling than Bevell.

"No, I just had a prior experience, so we talked about it," Sherman responded. "But let me guess, you have a better play call. Let me guess, you have better experience."

"No, I don't have a better play call," Moore replied.

"Then you should probably stop," Sherman added.

But Sherman wasn't done. As he walked away from the podium, he confronted Moore.

"You don't want to go there," Sherman said. "You do not. I'll ruin your career."

"You'll ruin my career?" Moore asked. "How are you going to do that?"

"I'll make sure you don't get your media pass anymore," Sherman countered.

The audio of Sherman's threat is below

Sherman's words come in the same week that Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins was fined by his organization for his tirade against Sacramento Bee reporter Andy Furillo, which included Cousins shouting obscenities at the reporter, per Marc J. Spears of The Undefeated.

While Sherman's threat was less intense than Cousins' outburst, it's hard to imagine the Seahawks or the NFL taking kindly to their brash cornerback publicly threatening a reporter. It remains to be seen if disciplinary action will be taken in the incident.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to ESPN radio tonight and this Seahawk reporter that was threatened by Sherman was on the radio explaining what happened. I guess after it was all over and things settled down that Sherman apologized on Twitter but the problem is that the reporter said on the Radio that Sherman has him blocked on Twitter so the reporter was not able to see the apology. Sherman must not have liked the tough questions when being asked about his sideline tantrums during the last game when he was all over the O coordinator.

When things dont go right for him he just tries to manipulate things to get them how he wants them. I use to respect him and his play but after seeing him bitch about player safety and then doing the cheap illegal hits that he got fined for in the game against the Packers and then the tantrums against the Rams and now being a Diva in the press conference threatening to end a mans career because he asked a few questions changes one's perception of just who this guy really is

Anyone else have opinions on this BS?

If you click the link and scroll down you can listen to Sherman make his threats

hi-res-9bd6adf8792cfc4611382fb31ea61693_crop_north.jpg

Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman threatened to ruin the career of reporter and radio host Jim Moore and to have his press pass revoked after taking offense to a question posed by Moore during a press conference on Tuesday, per Stephen Cohen of SeattlePI.com.

Sherman had been discussing an incident in Thursday's game against the Los Angeles Rams, when he confronted head coach Pete Carroll following offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell's decision to throw the ball on the 1-yard line rather than call a running play.

Sherman told reporters he didn't apologize to his coaches or teammates for the incident, instead saying he and Carroll spoke "about different strategies: offensive, defensive, his line of thinking, my line of thinking, things like that."

After Sherman said he would have accepted criticism from offensive players if a defensive call cost the Seahawks a game—much like Russell Wilson's interception to end Super Bowl XLIX against the New England Patriots, which Sherman referenced—Moore, a radio host for 710 ESPN Seattle and a columnist at SeattlePI.com, asked Sherman if he had thought he had a better handle on play-calling than Bevell.

"No, I just had a prior experience, so we talked about it," Sherman responded. "But let me guess, you have a better play call. Let me guess, you have better experience."

"No, I don't have a better play call," Moore replied.

"Then you should probably stop," Sherman added.

But Sherman wasn't done. As he walked away from the podium, he confronted Moore.

"You don't want to go there," Sherman said. "You do not. I'll ruin your career."

"You'll ruin my career?" Moore asked. "How are you going to do that?"

"I'll make sure you don't get your media pass anymore," Sherman countered.

The audio of Sherman's threat is below

Sherman's words come in the same week that Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins was fined by his organization for his tirade against Sacramento Bee reporter Andy Furillo, which included Cousins shouting obscenities at the reporter, per Marc J. Spears of The Undefeated.

While Sherman's threat was less intense than Cousins' outburst, it's hard to imagine the Seahawks or the NFL taking kindly to their brash cornerback publicly threatening a reporter. It remains to be seen if disciplinary action will be taken in the incident.

Great find LL.

Nothing that comes out of this guy's mouth surprises me anymore. There's countless incidents of this clown opening his fat mouth and he's in the wrong. There's countless incidents of him being a hypocrite. He bitches about the refs on a weekly basis and the NFL management every other week.

Seattle fans say ohhh but I bet you wish you had him on your team. No, I wouldn't want a little punk bitch that whines and complains and is a cancer in the locker room causing fights and causing off field drama. Even on the field he's been bailed out for the most part with the 2 best safeties in the game and the refs allowing him to hold for years. Now the refs sometimes don't give him the benefit of the doubt and he whines like a little bitch. I especially wouldn't want a DB that questions the offensive play calling. Stick to the defensive side of the ball and save it for game tape discussion and don't embarrass your teammates and coaches on the field.

Cobb was right. The Hawks and especially this D-bag are a bunch of front runners. If they're getting the shit kicked out of them like the Packer game they take cheap shots like Avil, Sherman and I believe Wagner all did in that game. Hell Sherman was called out for that game by Finley on Twitter saying he took a cheap shot at Adams then Sherman said Rodgers was outside the pocket. Finley posted the video showing Rodgers was in the pocket the entire time then Sherman banned him like a bitch.

Now there''s this incident in which he can't take someone that's not even trash talking they're asking a legitimate question and he can't take it and threatens their career. If he keeps this garbage up he will find himself out of the NFL very soon. You're getting paid millions of dollars to run around and entertain people not to run your big mouth, threaten people's careers, take cheap shots, get in fights, or question you coaches in the games.

In the end this POS can dish out the trash talk like no other but he obviously can't take it. Hell he can't even take constructive criticism. The dude has 0 accountability for his actions. Just because of this I'm going on his twitter now to post a You mad Bro meme of his ugly mug. He will probably ban me too.

RIP Sherman

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not all, I heard that Richard Sherman said he'd poop in the guy's cereal and then rub his butt on the guy's face.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the NFL suspend him or just give him another little fine?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that expected more from this clown, is well.....a clown! Circus Circus! Good player, but his mouth and actions supersede his intelligence level. Just STFU and play football!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just more of the same from that asshole. And SEA fans will defend him and say that he is A) intelligent and right, he went to Stanford!, B) misunderstood, that's not what he really said/meant, C) didn't even say that since he apologized.

The only reason he fucking apologized is because he was on tape. He may have played ball for Stanford but he's the same mouth breathing, low IQ idiot that we have grown accustomed to in the NFL. He thinks his job is really important, thinks he has a lot of power, and fires from the hip. I will say this, at least he is smart enough to know when his ass is busted and he needs to walk back his childish antics. "I"ll end your career"? Give me a break. You chase guys for a fucking living, get the fuck over yourself you child!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in other words Sherman is a loud mouth prick. I believe most of us already knew this.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
The shame of it is he is one of the top corner backs in the league and he is very intelligent. He has the platform and the ability to do and say good things on behalf of the players and has been outspoken on issues like brain injuries. His problem is his inflated sense of self worth and entitlement. In other words he is a spoiled little bitch

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just more of the same from that asshole. And SEA fans will defend him and say that he is A) intelligent and right, he went to Stanford!, B) misunderstood, that's not what he really said/meant, C) didn't even say that since he apologized.
So far I haven't seen any Seattle fans say any of those things. There's a thread on this on the Seattle board.

/////

Sherman is indeed intelligent and obviously a great player, but he tends to get hyper defensive when challenged in the least bit. Jim Moore is a pretty well respected longtime Seattle journalist, good guy, and I think Sherm went way overboard here....sorta like some of the non-Seattle fans posting in this thread.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman remains one of the biggest assholes in the NFL and he proves it over and over again:closed_2:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's way passed the time that folks should stop pretending this guy is some kind of Mensa candidate and that Stanford doesn't admit dummies so they can play on the football team.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely not a dummy

But I think he should be suspended 4 games, and the Seahawks should be stripped of multiple draft picks

Because all and any infractions that take place, should be treated exactly the same

That's what ive heard at least

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only reason he fucking apologized is because he was on tape. He may have played ball for Stanford but he's the same mouth breathing, low IQ idiot that we have grown accustomed to in the NFL. He thinks his job is really important, thinks he has a lot of power, and fires from the hip. I will say this, at least he is smart enough to know when his ass is busted and he needs to walk back his childish antics. "I"ll end your career"? Give me a break. You chase guys for a fucking living, get the fuck over yourself you child!
It wasn't even an apology. It was the classic PR "I got busted so I'm going to say something but I still think I'm right so it won't be a real apology" apology. Pathetic. Guy is a loud mouth buffoon that isn't half as intelligent as he thinks he is.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of his Seahawk teammates was a high school teammate of his and they were buddies. He said even back in high school you could not win an argument against him. He never gave up.
Yep, he is a loud mouth and his comment towards Moore was out of line. Still, I am very pleased to have him as a starting corner for the Seahawks.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both parties were in the wrong here to some extent. Sherman obviously crossed the line but I don't think Moore should be made a victim here. He came off as antagonistic and this isn't the first time he's had a brush up with a Seattle athlete. I recall an incident with Gary Payton years ago.

Regardless Sherman needs to tone it down in this case. You can put up with it now since he performs on the field but as his career goes on I hope he tones it down.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far I haven't seen any Seattle fans say any of those things. There's a thread on this on the Seattle board.

/////

Sherman is indeed intelligent and obviously a great player, but he tends to get hyper defensive when challenged in the least bit. Jim Moore is a pretty well respected longtime Seattle journalist, good guy, and I think Sherm went way overboard here....sorta like some of the non-Seattle fans posting in this thread.

I base my comments on the defending of Dick Shermans antics in the past. "he's just passionate". No, he's a fucking asshole.

Reactions: BUD

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely not a dummy

But I think he should be suspended 4 games, and the Seahawks should be stripped of multiple draft picks

Because all and any infractions that take place, should be treated exactly the same

That's what ive heard at least

Did someone tell you that on a walkie talkie? Or did some guy beat it into your head?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both parties were in the wrong here to some extent. Sherman obviously crossed the line but I don't think Moore should be made a victim here. He came off as antagonistic and this isn't the first time he's had a brush up with a Seattle athlete. I recall an incident with Gary Payton years ago.

Regardless Sherman needs to tone it down in this case. You can put up with it now since he performs on the field but as his career goes on I hope he tones it down.

Bullshit. One was doing his job, the other was defensive because he thinks he is smarter than his coaches.

Moore may have a history there, but nothing he asked there was out of line. Sherman just didn't like be "disrespected". Sherman is an asshole with a childs mind.