• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Power Rankings: Week 4-ish Edition

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand it's a bogus ranking but if you're keeping it real, how are the eagles still top 5 and the 3 teams above are behind the Eagles?

The Eagles have a quality win (Packers) and a quality loss (Lions).

The 49ers have 0 quality wins or losses so they’re last of that group.

The Seahawks also have 0 quality wins and what I’d consider 0.5 quality losses (New Orleans, but the game was in Seattle and against New Orlean’s backup QB).

The Rams have 0.5-1.0 quality wins (again, New Orleans with backup QB and possibly Cleveland) but also have 1 embarrassing loss (letting up 55 points to the Bucs in LA).

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers have 0 wins against teams with an above .500 record. Combined record of opponents? 3-9.

So then what you are saying is that if they could beat a 3-0 team like the 9ers that would be impressive?

giphy.gif

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then what you are saying is that if they could beat a 3-0 team like the 9ers that would be impressive?

giphy.gif

I don’t even know what you’re talking about?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles have a quality win (Packers) and a quality loss (Lions).

The 49ers have 0 quality wins or losses so they’re last of that group.

The Seahawks also have 0 quality wins and what I’d consider 0.5 quality losses (New Orleans, but the game was in Seattle and against New Orlean’s backup QB).

The Rams have 0.5-1.0 quality wins (again, New Orleans with backup QB and possibly Cleveland) but also have 1 embarrassing loss (letting up 55 points to the Bucs in LA).

The Lions aren't a quality loss plus a loss to a bad Falcons team. Before the Packers game 1-2 record should have dropped the Eagles to middle of the Pack. Beating the Redskins isn't a quality win either if we're going by this formula.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions aren't a quality loss plus a loss to a bad Falcons team. Before the Packers game 1-2 record should have dropped the Eagles to middle of the Pack. Beating the Redskins isn't a quality win either if we're going by this formula.

There were no published rankings immediately prior to the Eagles-Packers game. I can only grade each team based on what it has or hasn’t done so far this season and how that impacts what I expect them to do moving forward.

If it was as simple as placing the teams in order of their W-L record, then there would be no point to even putting a list together. The Seahawks and Rams play each other this week. It’s a great opportunity for one of them to separate themselves from the other. As of right now, I don’t see much difference between the two teams.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

20. Cleveland Browns, 2-2 (8):
When your star players make an extremely lame video based on the “Friends” opening credits, you don’t belong anywhere near the top of the list. Cleveland plays again Monday night in San Francisco. The only thing lamer than what they’ve already done is if they follow it up with a video based on the opening credits of “Full House.” Who gets dibs on playing Uncle Jesse?

I see where your priorities are...the reasoning with this ranking isn't football related lolzzz

Obvious bias with these rankings also ranking Philly in the top 5 with a horrible defense. Philly is ranked 32nd against the pass while giving up 26 ppg lolzz. If there is one thing you need to succeed it's a pass defense in this day and age.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were no published rankings immediately prior to the Eagles-Packers game. I can only grade each team based on what it has or hasn’t done so far this season and how that impacts what I expect them to do moving forward.

If it was as simple as placing the teams in order of their W-L record, then there would be no point to even putting a list together. The Seahawks and Rams play each other this week. It’s a great opportunity for one of them to separate themselves from the other. As of right now, I don’t see much difference between the two teams.

A power ranking 4 weeks into the season is normally tough sledding...the only thing that should come into play is the record and the record of the teams they played....what they might do going forward should be reflected in the next ranking.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see where your priorities are...the reasoning with this ranking isn't football related lolzzz

Obvious bias with these rankings also ranking Philly in the top 5 with a horrible defense. Philly is ranked 32nd against the pass while giving up 26 ppg lolzz. If there is one thing you need to succeed it's a pass defense in this day and age.

Not true. The winners of the last two Super Bowls were in the bottom half of the league for passing yards allowed.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A power ranking 4 weeks into the season is normally tough sledding...the only thing that should come into play is the record and the record of the teams they played....what they might do going forward should be reflected in the next ranking.

For me, it’s impossible not to factor that in. We all instinctively recognize that there is a difference between the 3-0 49ers and the 4-0 Patriots, and it’s based on what we perceive the Patriots are capable of doing and what we perceive the 49ers are capable of doing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, it’s impossible not to factor that in. We all instinctively recognize that there is a difference between the 3-0 49ers and the 4-0 Patriots, and it’s based on what we perceive the Patriots are capable of doing and what we perceive the 49ers are capable of doing.

Yeah, I get that but in a weekly power ranking it seems like what has been accomplished should weigh more if there are future rankings to come....I would still rank NE higher because they have more exposure (4 games vs 3), and one is a DIV game.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not going by W/L but overall body of work. Before the start of the season yes, I had the Eagles top 5 easy. After week 1 win over Washington still top 5. Bad loss in Atlanta which was a pk should drop them a few spots, another bad loss at home where the Eagles were favorite by 5.5 to 6 drops them out of the top 10 at 1-2 and while winning in GB is nice, it only moves the needle a tad. Truthfully, Seattle/Rams have a better overall team right now over the Eagles.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14. San Francisco 49ers, 3-0 (18): In the last three seasons, Jimmy Garoppolo has 17 TDs and 12 INTs. And 49ers fans wonder why this team doesn’t get respect.

Couldn't really care if they get respect or not....but this is of course, a typical 'look at ESPN stats' type of comment without any context whatsoever. I'm pretty much done talking about the guy (I know he's legit) but the fact of the matter is, he's 9-2 as a starter for SF, and when he doesn't start, the Niners are basically a top 5 draft pick away.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garbage time doesn’t exist in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. There was actually a drive in the 4th quarter where Washington could have made it a one possession game (and would have with a field goal if Gruden didn’t moronically go for 2 after both touchdowns) with 7+ minutes to play.

The Bears have given up 14 and 15 to two relatively bad offenses. But go ahead and believe that the only two teams that can put up more than 14 on them are the Patriots and Chiefs.
Wrong Bear fan I never said only the Pats or Chiefs can score more the 14 on us. We went soft with a huge lead in Was but take it how you see it.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13. Indianapolis Colts, 2-2 (20): The Colts have lost to the Raiders and Chargers which is exactly why they will probably beat the undefeated Chiefs in Kansas City next week. The NFL just doesn’t make sense, sort of like when a starting QB in the prime of his career, with all the potential in the world, retires a couple weeks before the season starts.

I hope some you of made some money off another of my “crazy” predictions.