• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: White Sox vs Rangers

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another win but hendriks now 4 homers in 9 innings. anyone worried yet or do you assume he's still everything we thought he'd be?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another win but hendriks now 4 homers in 9 innings. anyone worried yet or do you assume he's still everything we thought he'd be?
So far, not even close, but the season's young and I remain confident that he'll be the dominant closer we expect him to be.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their not pitching him often enough. Tonight HR is a tip of the hat to the batter - high fast ball out of the zone 97mph and in the rain -that's not Hendrik's fault.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm.. All of Iddy's favorites - Madrigal with the defensive and hitting plays of the game. Moncada with 3 hits - and Abreu with a nice night in the field and an okay night at the plate.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm.. All of Iddy's favorites - Madrigal with the defensive and hitting plays of the game. Moncada with 3 hits - and Abreu with a nice night in the field and an okay night at the plate.
kinda funny when you throw individual games at me when i'm trying to take in the whole. :P

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda funny when you throw individual games at me when i'm trying to take in the whole. :P
That's true if you think pertinent facts are funny.

Have a good night - my friend. I go by Spotsylvania once or twice most years - I'll have to stop by sometime.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea that Billy Hamilton had that kind of arm on him. I was impressed with Vaughn's arm in the earlier innings, but BHam put some real mustard on his throw to the plate.

Kopech on the mound today for the Sox. Let's make it 4 straight and 6 out of 7.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true if you think pertinent facts are funny.

Have a good night - my friend. I go by Spotsylvania once or twice most years - I'll have to stop by sometime.
My civil war history is a bit hazy, but wasn't there a major battle in that town or the immediate area?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My civil war history is a bit hazy, but wasn't there a major battle in that town or the immediate area?
we just moved here recently so i'm not up on all that but i think there isn't anywhere in virginia that doesn't have serious civil war history in it
*this sentence looks like shit to me but i'm leaving it anyway. :P

edit: Fighting occurred on and off from May 8 through May 21, 1864, as Grant tried various schemes to break the Confederate line. In the end, the battle was tactically inconclusive, but both sides declared victory. ... With almost 32,000 casualties on both sides, Spotsylvania was the costliest battle of the campaign.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were 4 major civil war battles in Spotsylvania County - the most talked about was Chancellorsville - where Stonewall Jackson was killed. There was also the famous battle at the "bloody angle" between Grant and Lee that many believe was the tipping point in the death knell of Lee's army prior to the surrender. Also - in this car centric era in which we live - not far from Antidam or Gettysburg.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we just moved here recently so i'm not up on all that but i think there isn't anywhere in virginia that doesn't have serious civil war history in it
*this sentence looks like shit to me but i'm leaving it anyway. :P

edit: Fighting occurred on and off from May 8 through May 21, 1864, as Grant tried various schemes to break the Confederate line. In the end, the battle was tactically inconclusive, but both sides declared victory. ... With almost 32,000 casualties on both sides, Spotsylvania was the costliest battle of the campaign.
There were 4 major civil war battles in Spotsylvania County - the most talked about was Chancellorsville - where Stonewall Jackson was killed. There was also the famous battle at the "bloody angle" between Grant and Lee that many believe was the tipping point in the death knell of Lee's army prior to the surrender. Also - in this car centric era in which we live - not far from Antidam or Gettysburg.
Yeah, every other mile in Virginny holds some type of civil war/revolutionary war significance. One of many reasons I really enjoy visiting back east - so much history.

Mingo, you're quite the CW historian, very impressed!!!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, every other mile in Virginny holds some type of civil war/revolutionary war significance. One of many reasons I really enjoy visiting back east - so much history.

Mingo, you're quite the CW historian, very impressed!!!
I am a history buff. I was drafted into the US Army and was sent to Fort Myer VA for service in the "Old Guard of the Army" where we were tested on military history often - as part of our service there. I believe I was the last drafted soldier to guard the Tomb of the Unknowns. Old Guard.jpg

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a history buff. I was drafted into the US Army and was sent to Fort Myer VA for service in the "Old Guard of the Army" where we were tested on military history often - as part of our service there. I believe I was the last drafted soldier to guard the Tomb of the Unknowns. View attachment 269425
Thank you for your service.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunate 1st appearance of the year of stiever and crochet wasn't able to keep his runners from scoring.
love those infinite era's!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for your service.
LOL - I was drafted and got to punk out in DC instead of going to Vietnam. I get you though - I certainly learned a lot about the US Army and its traditions and I can write a book on military honor. I think the US would do well to require 2 years of service for all the young people in this country.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kopech certainly looks better than sale doesn't he? :dance:

4 innings - 10 k's
If Kopech commands the mound is entire career like he has this season - that may prove true. I'm really enthusiastic about Kopech's future. I also like that Katz has his 100 mph pitchers chugging in a 97 and 98 - instead of maxing out their arms.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really never know with relievers, but I haven't lost faith in him. As I have said - I don't think La Russa is using him enough, but who am I to tell a HOF manager that?