• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rangers honor two of the greatest this weekend at the Grill, also play games against OAK again

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newsflash:

Every post on this board has the phrase "in my opinion" implied. Every. Single. One.

Even if someone is just posting a link, it is implied that in their opinion that link goes to important information.

So your snide comment could apply sitewide to every single post on every board on this site.

Your personal attacks just make you look silly.
Not a personal attack so if you took as such I apologize

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we all have options but I do post links info only without strong option

Re Crim. I do think there Re players with the “it” factor. I do want to see a him a little more against advanced pitchers but he is on my radar as well.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Re Crim. I do think there Re players with the “it” factor. I do want to see a him a little more against advanced pitchers but he is on my radar as well.

I only post strong opinions and that never backfires on me ever.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And my but I’m not ready to rush every player but want to see if they maintain how they are playing

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry that my post offended you. They do this all every day while we are sideline individuals
Do they?

It is ironic that you have said this about Jamey and Evan not long after you complained about the poor job JD has done and will do. Both Jamey and Evan think JD and the rest of the front office have done a fantastic job. I don't remember reading where either of them have said that this front office has ever done anything that is meaningfully wrong. They are huge JD fans.

If we are not allowed to voice legitimate disagreements with Evan and Jamey, then that goes for opinions about JD as well.

All of these so called experts cannot be right all the time because they disagree with each other about our prospects. Sometimes the disagreement is huge. Zac Kent is one example. Jamey has him at 45 and Evan has him in his top 20.

Every one of these experts have different opinions about what makes a prospect better than others. When you read enough about what they have to say you can begin to pick out why. Once you see why they do so,, it is often easy to disagree with them. They have natural biases just like anyone does.

All of their insight is meaningful in forming opinions of our own, but we don't have to mimic their conclusions.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am just saying that when you or I do, it is based on our opinion that it is meaningful information that we are linking to. That is why I never link to that "Nolan Writin" guy. Lol

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondering if this post backfired on me.
Ha. Usually the only ones whose opinions don't backfire sometimes are those who never give their opinions to begin with. Case in point: the lack of responses to my preseason prediction post every spring.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha. Usually the only ones whose opinions don't backfire sometimes are those who never give their opinions to begin with. Case in point: the lack of responses to my preseason prediction post every spring.
Sometimes those are shots in the dark. Haha

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're going to have to have someone at the top who isn't afraid to play them and that entails signing a couple of very good level 1 or 2 FA's, not wasting millions signing a bunch of level 4 and 5 FA's and clearing wasted 40-man spots thru DFA and trades. JD isn't that man. i expect that we'll see a repeat of this year's poor off-season plan

I think its hilarious y'all are still blaming JD when its clear he's not the one making all the decisions now

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly Chris Young has a strong say in what's going on this year, I think for the better

seems to be a 2-headed beast at the moment. CY had the lead on the draft and JD had the lead on the trades.

No FO is perfect, but I think at the moment the Rangers have good people in the right positions and now that they've embraced a true rebuild, there's a plan and a direction. It won't be quick or painless, but overall they are off to a good start.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems to be a 2-headed beast at the moment. CY had the lead on the draft and JD had the lead on the trades.

No FO is perfect, but I think at the moment the Rangers have good people in the right positions and now that they've embraced a true rebuild, there's a plan and a direction. It won't be quick or painless, but overall they are off to a good start.
Well there's also the decision to DFA Odor, Khris Davis and David Dahl, trade Andrus and so forth... I think that's a clear CY stamp

I don't see the trades as a clear JD anything, they know their farm system was iffy and lack talent at the major league level, instead of swinging and missing on a "stud" they decided they would splash the farm system and hope several guys pan out, if developed properly

The only thing people don't like about this is that it extends a rebuilding period that should have already started, I think this is a clear CY getting CY guys, not trying to make due with JD guys, I think you see a couple free agents next year signed, probably nobody big but if they do, awesome, I just don't think they're going to swing for the fences until the next tier reveals themselves,

but it's probably going to be that year of development for those lower tier guys to make that leap from High A and AA to AAA and hopefully the majors by 2023... and by then, CY will have had 2 years to blend the JD guys he likes and his guys into something useful at the ML level

Personally I'm not a big fan of this free agent class, a lot of warts