• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Reds vs White Sox

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short two game series to close out our interleague play. Neither team is really playing for anything other than possible contracts and stuff. What's a bit alarming is this:

I suspect that Dallas wouldn't be talking like this if he wasn't already told he might not make the postseason roster. And that's a shame if it turns out to be true. Not because I wanted to see him in the rotation. Shit, I believe I was the first on this board screaming to have him removed and this belief hasn't changed, despite his very decent outing yesterday. But he's a wily, playoff/world series veteran who can be a valuable addition to the bullpen. I just can't see the Sox keeping him off the roster when the second season begins.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short two game series to close out our interleague play. Neither team is really playing for anything other than possible contracts and stuff. What's a bit alarming is this:

I suspect that Dallas wouldn't be talking like this if he wasn't already told he might not make the postseason roster. And that's a shame if it turns out to be true. Not because I wanted to see him in the rotation. Shit, I believe I was the first on this board screaming to have him removed and this belief hasn't changed, despite his very decent outing yesterday. But he's a wily, playoff/world series veteran who can be a valuable addition to the bullpen. I just can't see the Sox keeping him off the roster when the second season begins.

I'm pretty sure he'll be on the roster, but not start. He's a good option if one of our other starters gets tattooed early in a game.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i would guess rodon will not be healthy for any length of time meaning keuchel will be needed. i also think rodon will not get that huge contract that we speculated on some months back. even at his best he's too fragile for a whole season. a team would be crazy to think otherwise.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure he'll be on the roster, but not start. He's a good option if one of our other starters gets tattooed early in a game.
i would guess rodon will not be healthy for any length of time meaning keuchel will be needed. i also think rodon will not get that huge contract that we speculated on some months back. even at his best he's too fragile for a whole season. a team would be crazy to think otherwise.
My exact sentiments to both of your takes. We're not out of the woods yet with respect to Rodon, but even if he's a go, Keuchel deserves to be on the roster.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know some of you will think ... why bitch? ... we're winning!
i really don't like stupid baseball. why send home garcia on that inside the parker possibility? he was out by a lot. the score was only 2-0 and there were no outs. leave him at 3rd with no outs. wasn't exciting enough for them?

dumb!

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer is quietly having a great September- really seems to have found his command with only 1 BB against 13 K’s. Dare the Sox put him in a high leverage situation in the playoffs?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong outing by Lopez tonite against a very good hitting Reds club. He had been struggling of late, so it was good to see him get on track a bit. Also a solid performance by the pen as well. And I asked last week, so I'll ask again. Is there a hotter hitter in baseball right now than Luis Robert?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong outing by Lopez tonite against a very good hitting Reds club. He had been struggling of late, so it was good to see him get on track a bit. Also a solid performance by the pen as well. And I asked last week, so I'll ask again. Is there a hotter hitter in baseball right now than Luis Robert?
maybe someone on the cards? :noidea:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe someone on the cards? :noidea:
Maybe, but more likely they're simply playing great as a team. Not sure any individual is doing better than La Pantera. The man is on fire.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that injuries stay away and whatever's going on with Rodon/Cease doesn't harm us come playoff time.

Captain Lou also has to not get suspended.

Only a week til some playoff baseball boys!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be a blessing for Jose Abreu to get a suspension in the coming days - he can use the rest I can't imagine MLB will wait to suspend him during the playoffs, but they have done stranger things.

It is really nice to see the lineup card stuffed full of regulars as the season winds down the the Sox get ready for the playoffs.

I'm getting all in on Gavin Sheets as a ballplayer. He lined a double down the left field line last night - going to the opposite field like that is a really good sign for Sheets as a hitter.

Go Sox!

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be a blessing for Jose Abreu to get a suspension in the coming days - he can use the rest I can't imagine MLB will wait to suspend him during the playoffs, but they have done stranger things.

It is really nice to see the lineup card stuffed full of regulars as the season winds down the the Sox get ready for the playoffs.

I'm getting all in on Gavin Sheets as a ballplayer. He lined a double down the left field line last night - going to the opposite field like that is a really good sign for Sheets as a hitter.

Go Sox!

I doubt they're going to suspend him at all. Kinda defused thanks to the ump being a good guy.

The lineup is insanely good right now...We just need the pitching. *crosses fingers*

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheets with a 2 run dinger, Good Guys lead 2-0. This guy is a MUST HAVE on the playoff roster.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Rodon is not feeling any pain whatsoever and that TLR didn't send him out in the 5th just for the possibility of him qualifying for a W in the event the Sox keep the lead thru the end of the game. I wanted 50 pitches from him max, regardless of innings pitched.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero chance of Abreu getting suspended. Zero.
But 100% chance that Timmay gets suspended and it's for the rest of the season. It's a 3 gamer and since he's playing tonite, it obviously goes into effect in the 3 game season finale against the Tigs. Apparently during the scrum involving Abreu, TA bumped one of the umpires, resulting in the suspension. In the big pic tho it's no biggie, being he's been fighting sore legs for the past few weeks, so he could use the rest.

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Rodon is not feeling any pain whatsoever and that TLR didn't send him out in the 5th just for the possibility of him qualifying for a W in the event the Sox keep the lead thru the end of the game. I wanted 50 pitches from him max, regardless of innings pitched.

I get wanting to be cautious but the playoffs are here. They need to know if he can throw a full start’s worth of pitches and still be around to make another turn in the same series if necessary.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get wanting to be cautious but the playoffs are here. They need to know if he can throw a full start’s worth of pitches and still be around to make another turn in the same series if necessary.
Good point. I also trust this will be the last we see of Rodon until the playoffs. I'm waiting for the post-game report to see how he's doing. If there's no soreness, then it's looking good for him to take the mound for one of the first three starts in the Houston series.