• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Westbrook-for-Hayward in the works this summer?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And judging by how Anthony Davis is going, cap space around him as a number 1 is probably not getting you all that far either.
AD looked pretty damn good in his return. Lots of time now to get his body right before fall. If he can shake the injury bug next year, his draw will be boosted (and his trade value, if they go that route).

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wall off the bench for 28mpg would be the way to go after RW this season.

And Wood is pretty intriguing to me.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want to trade him.....revisit the Rockets trade of Wall and Wood for him.

But, the Hornets trade means the Lakers could have James, AD and GH in street clothes for at least 20 or more games. That isn't good at all.
Was Wall and Wood ever a real offer? Wall was, if the Lakers gave up that 1st.

Houston could find a better trade for Wood himself, doesn't need to be packaged in a dump trade.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Wall and Wood ever a real offer? Wall was, if the Lakers gave up that 1st.

Houston could find a better trade for Wood himself, doesn't need to be packaged in a dump trade.
Yes.

I think TJ posted a link that Houston didn't need a 1st.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wall and Wood if Houston doesn't want a 1st.

Rather have the Charlotte deal. Wall is worse Westbrook, but Wood would be a good get. He and AD could be a modern day "Twin Towers".

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wall off the bench for 28mpg would be the way to go after RW this season.

And Wood is pretty intriguing to me.
Wall is just as bad, if not worse, than Russ. At least Russ is healthy and we know he can put up 18/7/7. Wall is a year out of the league and just as bad from 3.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather have the Charlotte deal. Wall is worse Westbrook, but Wood would be a good get. He and AD could be a modern day "Twin Towers".
Wood would but I also like Rozier.....he's a dog.

Either works really but I really don't wanna have to give up a 1st.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless.....I think we'll find a taker for RW when a lot said no.

LOL.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many teams have cash available and if he does.....it'll be a lottery team. He still young enough to get a huge deal later in his career.
He’s still young enough to sign on to be a key piece of a lottery team trying to rebuild.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gottra try and keep Monk. And bring back Melo for the bench. Give them 1 year deals.
Monk is likely to use up their mini MLE if he stays. Can't see him re-signing for the peanuts they can offer otherwise.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wall is just as bad, if not worse, than Russ. At least Russ is healthy and we know he can put up 18/7/7. Wall is a year out of the league and just as bad from 3.
But, we'd get Wood.

And Wall could come off the bench and release him at the halfway mark if he isn't fitting in,

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD looked pretty damn good in his return. Lots of time now to get his body right before fall. If he can shake the injury bug next year, his draw will be boosted (and his trade value, if they go that route).

The problem is that to get the best value for him, he would have to be healthy through the all star break...but if he does that and is playing at a high level...why would you trade him?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick recap:
We’re discussing the delusion of click bait in a saturated media where someone is trying to construct an article that a big fan base will read. The only substance that backs the premise is the idea that at one time MJ liked Russell Westbrook. At one time, everybody liked Russell Westbrook but that seems to no longer be the case as he has aged and lost a step. The Hornets like their guard situation a ton. They need to add a 5 and maybe a 4 depending upon how they view PJ Washington. There’s no evidence to suggest that the Hornets want to take the ball out of the hands of LaMelo Ball one of the best young talents in the game and a recent ROTY. Y’all are getting played and led down the path of delusion.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wood would but I also like Rozier.....he's a dog.

Either works really but I really don't wanna have to give up a 1st.

For what the Lakers are trying to do, 1st round picks are trade fodder. They're nice to have obviously, but if the Lakers get to where they want to be, they will be late 1st rounders anyway.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick recap:
We’re discussing the delusion of click bait in a saturated media where someone is trying to construct an article that a big fan base will read. The only substance that backs the premise is the idea that at one time MJ liked Russell Westbrook. At one time, everybody liked Russell Westbrook but that seems to no longer be the case as he has aged and lost a step. The Hornets like their guard situation a ton. They need to add a 5 and maybe a 4 depending upon how they view PJ Washington. There’s no evidence to suggest that the Hornets want to take the ball out of the hands of LaMelo Ball one of the best young talents in the game and a recent ROTY. Y’all are getting played and led down the path of delusion.
It's just banter on a message board. Get ready for lots of this stuff from Lakers fans, as there isn't much else to discuss until the inevitable head coach search and free agency. They don't even have a draft pick to project.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what the Lakers are trying to do, 1st round picks are trade fodder. They're nice to have obviously, but if the Lakers get to where they want to be, they will be late 1st rounders anyway.
Not for Wall though. That's a waste.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just banter on a message board. Get ready for lots of this stuff from Lakers fans, as there isn't much else to discuss until the inevitable head coach search and free agency. They don't even have a draft pick to project.
I don’t disagree. My post was a nicer way of saying Lakers fans and their ideas of value are over the top and not steeped in reality. In many ways, you can say that about most fan bases but Laker fans take it next level. People are entertaining the idea of Monk taking another show me year and turning down guaranteed money when he just bit the bullet on one of those plays successfully. He’s gonna cash in but people are still thinking that he’s possibly coming back. Here’s the scoop. Westbrook is a bad deal that is expiring. He will have value as a dump at the trade deadline but only to a team that is looking to shed salary. That deal will bring back longer contracts with marginal players. At that point, the Lakers would likely rather see his money come off their books than to take on more years in other players.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s still young enough to sign on to be a key piece of a lottery team trying to rebuild.

It'll be interesting for him. @DJ is right that, while he has earned himself a significant raise, the better teams aren't likely to have the cap space. But you are also right that he's young enough to go to a young, rebuilding team and be part of that.

On the other hand, if he stays for less (which could be significantly less) and the Lakers are able to make the right moves, he could be part of a contender.

The problem with that is that he would likely have to see wait to see what moves, if any, the Lakers are able to make...which could end up causing him to miss other opportunities.

If I'm him, unless the offers are from bad situations, I'm taking the cash.